...life can be translucent

Menu

33 UC - timeframe on the retreat?

Lana73123

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
So, I cast 33 UC when I asked the question "What will tonight bring me?" I was going out to informally meet someone (not a "date" per se) and just wanted a glimpse of what could be in store. As a newbie to I Ching interpretation - I find it relieving and fascinating when a hexagram makes total and complete sense to me!! I, sometimes, tend to be a little dense!! In hindsight - quick hindsight - this hexagram totally made sense. I read both of these threads on 33UC but didn't see much about how long the retreat lasts/should last

https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/fri...riences-with-Unchanging-Hexagrams-Hexagram-33
https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?11198-33-Unchanging

So, in your experience with 33UC, what has been revealed on the longevity of the retreat? Should I stay away from him for good or was it just for that night?

To describe my experience very briefly - we met up at our mutual favorite watering hole. we had good conversation, like usual, just getting to know each other. He stuck right with me all night - not letting me stray too far without him. then, at the end of the night (it wasn't too terribly late) I inquired if he wanted to hang out with me at my house, which we have done in the past, that I was ready to go. We can talk more freely without the noise and disruptions of a bar (get your minds out of the gutter - all completely innocent!!) I went to the bathroom and when I returned he was engaged in a conversation with the table behind us. He was standing up. I sat for minute - he didn't sit back down. Then I stood up next to him for a bit and started to feel awkward. I went outside to smoke and see what he was going to do. He did not join me, like he had done all night. I lingered outside for longer than normal. He never came out. I texted him and asked him what he was going to do. He said he was going home. So I left. there hasn't been much communication since. Its been 4 days. I don't know if I should let it go and write him off -- or just let some time pass. thoughts?

D

diamanda

I must say this guy's behaviour is very odd, and also very rude. I think the 33 refers to him, that "tonight" brought you his bizarre retreat. In my experience, 33 refers to a situation which is irrevocably on its way out - but, because you specified "tonight", I believe it refers to that night. So, in conclusion, you did very well not to persist and just leave, he wouldn't have changed his mind if you had persisted.

Lana73123

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Who told you there is a timeframe?
Retreat is not Tango.

No one specifically said there is a timeframe attached. However, to me a retreat can mean 1) withdraw to regroup or a 2) withdraw to turn tail and run.

So with this being static/unchanging - I didn't find any clues as to what my future action my be.

And what is Tango?? Lol.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
I didn't find any clues as to what my future action my be.

Why would you find any clues about your future action?? :confused:
You are the one who decides your actions, and you asked about that night only. He retreated from you then you retreated from him.

You are adding the whole regroup
thing, it is not implicit in a retreat.
Ask for advice about him, something like: Overall, what is best for me to do in regards to him?

Tango is a back and forth dance.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).