...life can be translucent

Menu

Confusing Reading 33 Unchanging

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Hi

I asked the Yi if I should approach a certain type of organisation for my video product. Its government organisations, i currently have one interested and looking although the lady has been a little hard to get hold of although she is interested. Sometimes the government organisations dont move as quick as the private sector.

I received hexagram 33 Unchanging, I was a little taken back so I asked what do I need to know about approaching this type of organisation and received hexagram 1.4.5>26. The only thing is I can think of is its a timing thing. If the current people looking at it proceed then I have an example of somebody that has moved forward. It would probably be easier moving forward if someone else has done it. I just dont want to be wasting time on something so close to Xmas.

Maybe I need to wait till the time is right.

Line 5 hexagram 1 suggests a leap its a very positive line however with 33 unchanging well you can see my point.

Would love some help or opinions.

Thanks

Steve:confused:

thisismybody

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Steve,

Interesting that you got 33 UC, as I recently got it when asking about getting help from FEMA for family. I took it as not to continue seeking a response or help from them, but for my family to go on about their business not expecting any help. And if that help comes, then so be it. But no counting chickens before they hatch... Maybe the vibe Yi typically? Imparts for highly bureaucratic agencies is that it’s best to retreat and keep on fighting and living for another day. Maybe doing business with this organization will be more trouble that it’s worth. High-tail it out of there! That’s my take.

thisismybody

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Steve,

Interesting that you got 33 UC, as I recently got it when asking about getting help from FEMA for family. I took it as not to continue seeking a response or help from them, but for my family to go on about their business not expecting any help. And if that help comes, then so be it. But no counting chickens before they hatch... Maybe the vibe Yi typically imparts for highly bureaucratic agencies is that it’s best to retreat and keep on fighting and living for another day. Maybe doing business with this organization will be more trouble that it’s worth. High-tail it out of there! That’s my take.

thisismybody

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
About 1.4.6>26, they’re too powerful and too much trouble. Big Guy v. Little Guy. A great response why you should 33.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Steve said the reading was 1.4.5, not 1.4.6 - Steve, can you clarify which it was?

Sometimes (I think) 33 can mean a strategic retreat, not necessarily retreat for all time. That could go along with what you said about timing.

Is there anything in the Judgement or Image texts that might ring a bell?

'Retreat, creating success.
Constancy yields a small harvest.'

'Below heaven is the mountain.
Retreat.
A noble one keeps at a distance from small people,
Not with hatred, but with dignity.'

So (from the Image)- Trojina taught us this trick recently - put in your own name where it says "noble one," it can personalize it and help you think. "Steve keeps at a distance from small people" etc.

Who are the 'small people,' and might there be bigger people somewhere or sometime, if you retreat now? What does your dignity have to do with this? (These are questions to ask yourself. You don't have to answer them here.)

I wonder if "constancy" in the Judgement - which will yield a harvest, but a small one - is if you'd keep going instead of retreating for now?

Other observations:
- 33's Judgement mentions a small harvest and its Image mentions small people.
- 33's Judgement mentions a small harvest, and 26, the relating hexagram of your other reading, is "Great Farming" (great harvest?).

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Could there be a preferred way to approach? Maybe 33 is telling you to Retreat from your current manner of approaching and then 1.4.5 - 26 is telling you to connect with others who have successfully done what you are trying to do and learn from their experiences. (The image for 26 is about the ancestors passing down their stories) I'm thinking that if what you are attempting involves getting a grant these hexagrams could mean taking a workshop in writing successful grant applications.

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply I believe the reading was 1.4.5>26

Sorry let me clarify the product is a video for a government tourist organisation. There are hundreds of these organisations for local demographics. They basicaly inform people about what is available in the way of tourism in any area. I am dealing with one currently although its been hard tracking the contact down, so thats why I was thinking of contacting some others. However if I get this one to agree then I have a demo to show other tourist centers. I am thinking that Yi is telling me to wait and if I do get this sale then it will be easier on the whole, thats all I can think of as the readings are conflicting.

Steve

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
33. uc meaning wait? Hunh, I don't think so. Not that you shouldn't, but I don't think that's what 33.Retreat means.
1.4 is about courageously taking off on your own and that leads to 1.5, connecting with the higher levels - which makes me think there may be some way you can move forward with what you want to do without this particular agency.

steve

visitor
Reaction score
ok i see, that could make sense,

Steve

steve

visitor
Reaction score
It seems strange because they are perfect for the product, it maybe something I dont know, like maybe they dont have budgets now or at this time of the year. hexagram 33 is pretty clear not to proceed.

Steve

steve

visitor
Reaction score
just a note I was thinking hexagram 33 was not so much waiting although thats what I said, I was thinking more like a retreat from that train of thought for now.

Steve

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Hexagram 33 Retreat always confuses me because it's not clear (to me) what one is suppose to do. I mean, line one says you're being chased and forced to run away but the other lines imply you are being begged to stay and you have to insist on leaving. And it can also be interpreted as meaning standing your ground - 32.Duration - leads to other opportunities passing you by. What do you think?

So are you being advised to stick with this company and let other opportunities go or are you being advised to tear yourself away from focusing on this one company even though they appear to be a good fit?

steve

visitor
Reaction score
I agree Rosada, what am I exactly retreating from? One thing I didn't mention was as we approach Xmas then maybe dealing with these lets call them centers. Then maybe I will waste my time as there may be more delays in decision making. Where is if i chip away on the current path dealing with small business who can make a decision on the spot will be better short term. Between now and Xmas I could get many leads no doubt in that area.

Maybe there is a warning to retreat because of something like that, however if I get one to agree I am going to have a better sense of how they operate. As you know that sometimes you think you have a great idea and it should work and then for some unknown reason it may not. Interesting the fact of standing your ground I like the idea of that.
However in this instance I am approaching them so the advice is the opposite. When i received the reading I was confused thats why I asked what do I need to know about approaching these centers in general, I suppose hexagram 1 line 5 for me is highly auspicious but before making the leap I guess you need to be sure. So my original plan was to create one demo for the center I am dealing with and then go crazy and approach them all. So Yi maybe be advising to simply stick to the plan and do not get impatient. Like being yelled at STOP put the car in reverse, If you take a look at the other post i just did I asked what do I need to know about the actual sale maybe that holds the key.

Maybe that makes more sense as to why i have a big fat hexagram 33 unchanging

Steve

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).