...life can be translucent

Menu

What lies at the root of my restlessness in my career? Hex 41.1.2 to 23

dancingfox

visitor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I asked Yi
What lies at the root of my restlessness in my career? Hex 41.1.2 to 23. I think I have created a pattern by leaving one job for another.

Some background:

In the past I often had to take on any job, just to get by as a matter of survival. I managed to turn things around for me and get out of a dark place in my life. Two years ago I graduated as a social worker, believing I had finally found my calling. I feel like I have worked so hard to get where I am today. Yet I remain quite restless and unhappy in my job.

I have had three jobs since graduating. My first job was a temp job. With my next job, I decided to quit because I didn't fit in the team. In my current job is putting a lot of strain on me because I don't agree with the vision of my employer. I have to be honest, I never last long because of similar reasons. I am turning forty this year and I realize I can't keep jobhopping forever.

I want to find a way to learn to cope with my circumstances and that thought is giving me a lot of anxiety. I feel like I am hitting on this old inner blockage and I don't know how to deal with it. I am a HSP, a highly sensitive person. I believe this is an important factor since my feelings about my career are often the dominant factor in my professional life.

I think the reading tells me that I am giving or even sacrificing too much of myself. I just asked what lies at the root of my restlessness, but I think there is some advice in there too. By staying put in my current job I think I would break my pattern of jobhopping and create room for a new, healthier way of handling my career.

Thoughts or insight would as always, be most welcome :bows:

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
What lies at the root of my restlessness in my career? Hex 41.1.2>23.
23 - You are asking about Splitting Apart, Unraveling, "Can refer to a physical parting. Making a secure foundation."
41 is Decrease, "Compensating Sacrifice", The Symbol of Lessening, Diminishing, Reduction, Bringing into Balance.
41.1 There's nothing wrong with helping others, but you should consider the personal cost.
41.2 You can't fix everyone, and you can help others without losing out yourself.

I think perhaps this reading says you are restless in your career because you get too busy taking care of everyone else, and you need to balance that with self care.

- LL

dancingfox

visitor
Reaction score
I think perhaps this reading says you are restless in your career because you get too busy taking care of everyone else, and you need to balance that with self care.

Thanks Lavalamp! Yeah I think I am on the same note there. I do take my time in my private life for self care. I love to make long hikes, try to go swimming once or twice a week, build my social circle and make room for supportive and loving friends. But at work I just seem to lose all perspective, after starting out with often huge amounts of energy and enthousiasm. I peak and then I crash, both in a major way. I am trying not to run *hunt for other job* after a recent crash.

It hurts me to recognize this truth. I need to find a way forward.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).