...life can be translucent

Menu

Newbie with a question about #44

plastermaster

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, everybody! What a great find! (this forum)

I have consulted the I ching a few times in my life and felt a connection with it. Every few years I would consult. This changed recently. After 27 years of marraige, my wife decided it was time to move on. It gets complicated and not the main point here so I will spare you the fodder for that sad violin music. In dealing with this major change in my life and the effects of open heart surgery by chain saw, I have turned to the I ching on an average of a few times a week. It has been an incredible source for helping me widen my view of the situation, and most importantly a reminder that everything really is always changing so therefore embrace the future with creativity and openess. The future really is an wonderful unknown. We may see a direction things are headed, but only at this time. (Speaking for myself here with the preverbial "we") If I consult the oracle with a sincere heart felt question, the answer is usually pretty clear) If the question is right and clear, so is the hexagram.....So anyway, enough of me and on to my question.

In the past 3 months I have thrown the coins about 2 dozen times when I feel a change in what was developing with my X an I, or within myself. Only 3 times I have asked specifically what is happening with my wife (what is going on within her). Twice the changing Hexagram was "coming to meet". Once I asked "Where is she headed" (in life). This question phrased in the context of the future, brought up "Coming to meet" as the primary hexagram. In each case I am really puzzled about the meaning, and feel it does not bode well for her due to the references to danger.

So I am asking if maybe someone might have some insight into this hexagram, given the situation I have described.

BTW she took the book so I am waiting for a new one in the mail. I like the Wihelm/Jung version. OH!, I really am a nice guy, she just needs to move on without me. :)

Any ideas would be appreciated
Thanks
Ron

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hex 44 contains a warning that all is not as it seems and what appears to be harmless may well prove to be dangerous, this usually has a sting in its tail, so watch out.

hollis

visitor
Reaction score

Hi Ron, welcome to the forum. It's great that you have the YJ to get you through this tough time. Yes, 44 in my experience, does often balance the scales with a non delicious reality check. Some people call 44 'temptation' , when I get it I think "uh oh, beware..." , maybe she is just out for some excitement or encounters with fate. There are lots of archives on this hexagram, you can go to 'hexagram index' and select 44 and read the archives. Thanks for sharing.

plastermaster

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks, I did a search on 44 but nothing came up. However I was not in the archives, so I will try that.

Willowfox got me thinking, when yu say watch out, I realised I was only iterpreting the hexagram as being all about her since that was how I asked the questions. However, Maybe I should watch out too. Not to be paranoid or anything, but the Ching has a way of planting an imprint on my mind so that things that might slip by unnoticed instead raise a warning flag.

Ron

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I like hexagram 44, I got it when I needed to find my own woman back... Especially my female strength.

So maybe that might be what your wife is searching for? The warnings are right, it can go to very wrong places. But not necessarily. If she finds what she needs, she might find her happiness.

LiSe

B

bruce_g

Only 3 times I have asked specifically what is happening with my wife (what is going on within her). Twice the changing Hexagram was "coming to meet". Once I asked "Where is she headed" (in life). This question phrased in the context of the future, brought up "Coming to meet" as the primary hexagram. In each case I am really puzzled about the meaning, and feel it does not bode well for her due to the references to danger.

So I am asking if maybe someone might have some insight into this hexagram, given the situation I have described.

Poor 44 is always getting a bad rap. The taboo of 44, that evil and wicked woman.

Anyway, I see the answer of 44 to "Where is she headed (in life)" as saying, she goes to find her satisfaction.

B

bruce_g

Crossed posts with LiSe, whose perspective on 44 has influenced mine a great deal.

timmy

visitor
Reaction score
Hex 44 CAN BE extremely positive

From the Wilhelm-Baynes translation of “The I Ching or the Book of Changes”

The time of COMING TO MEET is important in still another way. Although as a general rule the weak should not come to meet the strong, there are times when this has great significance. When heaven and earth come to meet each other, all creatures prosper; when a prince and his official come to meet each other, the world is put in order. It is necessary for elements predestined to be joined and mutually dependent to come to meet one another halfway. But the coming together must be free of dishonest ulterior motives, otherwise harm will result.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).