...life can be translucent

Menu

enigmatic reading: hexagram 37 on becoming a writer

folledeschiele

visitor
Reaction score
I've had a reading that's intriguing but a little enigmatic: I asked what I needed to do to develop myself into the kind of writer I want to become, and also to start doing the kinds of reporting that really matters to me (I'm a journalist). I received hexagram 37, The Family, with no changing lines.

Aside from one bit that keeps echoing in my head: "Thus the superior man has substance in his words and duration in his way of life," which makes me think the reading is counseling persistence and digging deeply rather than just scratching the surface with my writing, I'm not sure what this is counseling. Support systems? Ordering my life in a more disciplined way to make more time for writing?

Any ideas would be very much appreciated...

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
hi there :)

my idea of 37 is the image of one of these old, extremely complex clocks, full of small parts that have to function in accord with everything connected to make the whole business viable . . i think that can apply both to writing (tuning in) and to social situations (net-working comes to mind . .)

1156617179K4x3pY.jpg

just my two cents . .

rodaki

Last edited:
M

maremaria

hi there :)

my idea of 37 is the image of one of these old, extremely complex clocks, full of small parts that have to function in accord with everything connected to make the whole business viable . . i think that can apply both to writing (tuning in) and to social situations (net-working comes to mind . .)

just my two cents . .

rodaki

Interesting !

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).