...life can be translucent

Menu

64 unchanging in response to wanting greater focus

amelie

visitor
Reaction score
I'm feeling kind of spiritually disorganized, getting distracted by questionable temptations and daydreams of things that really don't line up with my long term goals. I guess I kind of feel like I'm drifting mentally when there are a lot of worthy things to apply my energies to...

The question is, "How do I channel my thoughts and energies more effectively toward my goals?" In response, I got Hex. 64 unchanging

This says...Your goals are in sight, but don't take their acheivement for granted?...Or more, be open to that which is not yet clear but is seeking to be...?

Thank you in advance for sharing suggestions on this response to my question and this hex in general, which I've always been confused about....

Last edited:

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Sounds like you are truly betwixt and between right now. Maybe that's all you're ready to be, right now.

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
hi amelie
You are not alone. You need to recognise there are lots of people going through similar feelings right now. Remember to become centred you first need to understand what it's like to be un-centred.
Enjoy where you are for now.
Mike

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I got this hexagram a lot when we were moving and I was uncertain what to pack and what to get rid of. It helped me shed a lot of unnecessary cling ons.
Rosada

M

meng

As has already been pointed out, 64 can represent a state of mind which is focused on the now. It is an open ended way, a way which doesn't ask for a definition or a completion.

This is interesting advice for a question which asks how to develop greater focus, and almost sounding like the antithesis of long term goal setting. The problem is that some people think so much and so far ahead, it seems as though they'll never reach the other side, and so they're mentally defeated before they begin.

On one hand it's effective to see/imagine the ball going through the hoop, as a mental goal seeking devise, but the mind and body must be on the game when it's game time, not thinking about the final score.

Setting small, more immediately rewarded goals is beneficial, the way a fox takes small steps when crossing a frozen river in spring.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
You might try sorting out and putting away actual stuff (laundry, the junk drawer etc.) to get your brain in the right mode to be sorting out your plans and priorities.
r

amelie

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks to all for your thoughtful responses...Betwixt and between....Doing small things that can be done...not getting discouraged at what seems like intimidating aspirations...and being in the moment...All of these are things that feel right for my current situation. Thanks very much. I feel quite blessed to have the benefit of such sound guidance on good mental hygiene :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).