...life can be translucent

Menu

hexagram 51

bloominglotus

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a newbie at this and have only just recently been introduced to the I Ching. Up until now I have found the I Ching to be fairly simplistic and extremely accurate when interpreting. However, I recently tossed hexagram 51 and I am at my wits end regarding how to proceed. Is there anyone who could shed some light on this for me? The question I asked was,
"Should I proceed with moving into a shared home with others?"

Any insight would be very helpful.
Thanks

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"Should I proceed with moving into a shared home with others?"

Yes. First there is anxiety, "is it the right thing to do, etc", then comes the fun and laughter, so go for it and leave your worries at the door.

pink_mandolin

visitor
Reaction score
Quick Expansion & a New Experience

Hi Blooming Lotus!!!
Welcome to Clarity Only a fairly newbie myself!! I hope you are enjoying the I-ching! I also find it accurate but not simplistic! I get involved in the complexities of the lines and the way they work ;) I thought I'd share some comments about your 51 unchanging as I actually drew that today myself.

I had a look at a few different interpretations for 51 and here's what I came up with! I liked Lise interpretation of 51 I think it fits most with your situation. As we are both introductees to the i-ching i'll share exactley where I see an answer in the text! So you can see where I'm coming from!

Thunderbolt
Shock, expansion
The shock comes: fright, fright
Laughter and talk: shriek, shriek
The shock scares a hundred Li
He does not forget the ceremonial ladle and the libation

Shock- yes it will be a shock moving into somewhere new & being with others! But we also have expansion so this venture will allow you to expand yourself and grow. Change can be scary :) but it shows that this is likely to bring you joy once your over the intial shock, this also could be a pleasant sort of shock! The shock of release letting go of the old and the joy of welcoming in the new! The hex talks about fear but from my experience of the hex so far and from what I've read of others experiences it isn't always a negative or bad shock! So I doubt anything to worry about there! :D

The hex talks about things that happen very quickly so its probably that will be scary to you- doing something so quickly- all thoughs doubts and insecurities crop up! Am I doing the right thing etc etc.

The shock that starts a new time, a new period, a new life, or a new look on (attitude towards) life.
This will certainly happen when you move ;) So this would be an excellent opportunity for you!

The hexagram also advises you to be composed and to not get yourself overly stressed out, remain calm and that will help you during the time if you wish to move! So if you do move you can prepare yourself beforehand by relaxing and feeling ready rather than worrying or stressing out further I think. It would certainly be helpfull anyway!

So whether you do or not is up to you! I can't make a judgement myself on your decision but i think it would be a good opportunity for you if you wish to do it :D As long as you stay calm and I think the Joy aspect of 51- the laughter it speaks of afterward- perhaps that could be an encouragement to celebrate too! celebrate your move with the others! A party or even if its just a few laughs or a quiet drink! that will release any tension or stress from the move!!!

Good luck!!!

bloominglotus

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you both for you interpretations! Pinky, for a novice you really sound quite wise. I am struggling with this decision only because it's seem to be a "too good to be true" scenario. I am by nature a somewhat of a skeptic but I have been working on this and I don't want to miss out on my blessings because of fear. But I have to admit, my spider senses are tingling. Thanks again

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
H51 unchanging evokes the image of a lot of movement -- followed by a lot of movement! Sounds just like moving to me. Static hexagrams often "sound" to me like commands, thusly: "Act on it! Get moving!" :)

Taratara

visitor
Reaction score
I ve been asking book about my health. Will i get better? And every time it was 51 hexagram. 3 times for a year. What does it mean. My new doctor says that operation which i walk through was not needed and i made a mistake. That was a shock for me. Like all the situation before by the way.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).