...life can be translucent

Menu

Increase and working towards a goal- H42.1.2

redarmada

visitor
Reaction score
I was looking for a barometer on how I am approaching a situation. I asked the Yi, "How can I work towards my goal in this situation?"
I received Hexagram 42, Increase, with changing lines 1.2 > 59, Dispersion.
Line 1 reads "Fruitful to use this to make great beginnings.
Line 2 reads "Someone's increase by ten pairs of tortoise shells. Nothing can go against it" and recommends "ever flowing constancy".
These seem like very auspicious lines, very heartening- but I'm not sure I feel like my question is answered. Is the Yi telling me to "Increase", and if so, how? Or is the Yi saying that there is currently already "Increase" active in the situation? Increase seems to be about activity- "harvest: proceeding probing", crossing the great stream and all that. I feel like the Dispersion is where I'm at right now- the Great Stream is around my ankles, the established barriers washed away, I'm lost in the flood, trying to find out where I am and where I'm going. Does anyone have any particular suggestions?

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
I think it's saying increase is already active in this situation and all you have to do is sit back and benefit. Be careful to be generous with any subordinates you may have and try to set a good example. I don't know anything about your situation and maybe my words seem way off, but I think the basic idea is that you're doing okay, so relax.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).