...life can be translucent

Menu

What is my destiny?

Boots1323

visitor
Reaction score
I know, it's a pretty big question. But I decided to ask it anyways and see what the Yi had to say. I got hexagram 23 with lines 1,2 and 6 changing into hexagram 19. How would you interpret the oracle I got?

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
To strip away the useless, out-moded and conditioned ways of thinking and acting so that you grow into your highest potential.

(which pretty much applies to most, if not all of us).

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
The I Ching seems to be saying everything changes, everything falls apart, what we once thought of as solid truth will eventually be revealed as not - however, 19 says we learn to adapt.

What this may mean for you personally is that you may be having a lifetime where you are particularly conscious of wanting to widen your awareness, of wanting to travel or ask questions or do something to broaden your base (23. Collapses because the mountain does not have a broad base). You may even seek out situations that require frequent deconstructing and rebuilding like home remodeling.

Rosada

qafinaf

visitor
Reaction score
The first two lines of 23 Stripping away refer to a bed or resting place (earth trigram: support, stillness). All earthy conditions will collapse. Yes, like Rosada says, all will change. Line 6 refers to a large fruit, still uneaten. I guess the lower 5 lines have been eaten already, and there remains this one fruit (on the mountaintop). Maybe this is a fruit that cannot be taken away from you. It's a part of you. And though everything else changes, this one fruit remains.

So go onward (19) knowing that whatever goodness comes will eventually go away, and live to taste this fruit.

I have asked such questions before of I Ching. And the answer wasn't very clear. So maybe it helps for someone else to dramatize it a bit. :)

Good luck!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).