...life can be translucent

Menu

61.2 - A crane in the shade

miakoda

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Happy Whatever Everyone!

I am plagued by 61.2>42. I've gotten this about someone I know more than once. It sounds very profound. Karcher and Bradford make it sound big (and the fact it has been repeated by the Yi Jing got my attention) but the truth is this person doesn't think about me at all, so it seems odd. How should I regard this person?

Thanks,

Miakoda

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
That depends on the question you asked, which you didn't mention. But offhand, I'd say that if you got to know that person, the relationship would be characterized by the one imaged in 61.2. In other words, you'd benefit from what they had to offer you.

miakoda

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Dobro, thanks for the reply. I'll try to be more informative as I can see you haven't got enough to work with. I find it hard because I want to maintain privacy, but I know of nowhere else less public to further my understanding of what the Yi Jing is trying to tell me.

I know this person fairly well, but he's made it very, very clear that he wants to be quite distant. I think very highly of him and through trying to understand how to relate to him, I've asked the Yi Jing many questions. Most recently, 61.2 came up when I asked what role he has in my life.

Receiving it again and again brings up many questions: How intense is 61.2? Is it rare? Is it spiritual? Is it only spiritual?

I'm just trying to be grounded in reality, but also honor that the Yi Jing has told me that this is, as Karcher says: the profound echo of an immortal soul calling to its kindred, inviting them to a hidden feast. I guess the problem, it seems, is that there is no feast, as it were...

Miakoda

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"I am plagued by 61.2>42."

Hex 61.2 you are quite limited in what you can do here, you call out to him and he hears but you should not go beyond what is possible with him. I suspect that he will talk to you on a friendly basis but to go beyond that would only destroy that understanding forever. I think that you are being overwlmed by his influence, you are too receptive, this gives way to fantasy.

Hex 42 If you think that he is a good person to imitate then go for it. This hex is about increase, but increase where? Perhaps increasing something in your life that is at present lacking but to do that you must make a sacrifice and I would presume that sacrifice is the man in question. Let him go so you can fill your life with more rewarding pursuits.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Willow, you're one of the few who would or could turn the message of 42 into that of 41 lol.

miakoda said:
I know this person fairly well, but he's made it very, very clear that he wants to be quite distant.

Well okay, let it be distant then. There's a person I like who's important to me and who I think I get on best with via email lol. Plus that, but we're hardly writing to each other these days, but the connection's there still. It's like the cranes thing, but in our case we're trying to figure out which crane is which for each of us lol. Anyway, if you can have a crane relationship with someone just by *not* sending emails, I imagine it's possible to do something similar even more tenuously than that. What do you think of that possibility?

miakoda said:
Receiving it again and again brings up many questions: How intense is 61.2? Is it rare? Is it spiritual? Is it only spiritual?

Something like rare and something like spiritual is how I've always looked at it, yeah. The Yi doesn't give a valuation for this line, and I've always figured it's cuz the right person will recognize what it's worth even without the official signpost. It's a beautiful image, isn't it?

miakoda said:
I'm just trying to be grounded in reality, but also honor that the Yi Jing has told me that this is, as Karcher says: the profound echo of an immortal soul calling to its kindred, inviting them to a hidden feast. I guess the problem, it seems, is that there is no feast, as it were...

Again, I'd say it *is* possible that there's some kind of feast, but perhaps not in the way you're assuming or imagining. But I apologize if it really doesn't seem that way to you.

cassius_clay

visitor
Reaction score
61 Chung Fu - Inner Truth
61.0 - The Judgement

Your success depends on the psychic connection and bond between you and the
person(s) with whom you are involved. In other words, your external actions, although necessary, will not play the greater role. Influencing someone psychically occurs automatically and involuntarily when there is a rapport between yourself and the other person. The highest degree of psychic influence is achieved when the relationship is
based on spiritual law and your intention towards the other person is his or her well-being. If the relationship is based on anything less your ability to psychically influence the person will be vulnerable to the challenges that occur in life.
Rapport is established and strengthened by your sincerity towards the person. Sincerity is generated by your willingness to sacrifice the lower part of your self (the animal nature), and material possessions to assist your friend. This requires deep meditation on truth and living it. You can also establish the rapport that will enable you to psychically influence even wrongdoers, which is generally difficult to do. This is based on the wisdom axiom that "knowing how to forgive is the hallmark of justice." This is based on the mastery of the knowledge of spiritual development. The "evil" committed by most people is due to the lack of input from the higher divisions of the spirit. Basing your corrective measures on this principle and aiming them at the upliftment, as opposed to punishment, will not only win over the wrongdoers, but will establish the psychic bond to influence them towards doing what is right.
People who succeed in developing their psychic abilities by abiding by the precepts taught in this hexagram can effect great changes in the world.
Recommended Reports
1. Balancing the Life-force
2. Divine Law Meditation

61.2 - Line 2

The ability to psychically connect and thus influence another depends on rapport, which, in turn, depends on the sincerity of the friendship you proffer. It is important to realize that sincerity is not just a feeling towards someone, but your readiness to sacrifice for the person. In the process of establishing the psychic bond, care must be taken to avoid overt acts. One must give complete trust to the power that lies within.

42 I - Increase
42.0 - The Judgement

You receive I, Increase when you are destined to grow spiritually through helping others, even if, and especially when it causes a diminution of your material possession or situation. The sages of the I Ching hold that this is the only way to truly help the world. On the other hand, you might be the recipient of the benevolence of others, in which case your destiny (spiritual development) depends on cultivating gratitude that is shown by giving back to others in the manner that your benefactors have shown to you.
When you sacrifice your person (by diminishing material possessions or entering a situation that is not readily affordable) to help others, you are not truly sacrificing yourself, because you will increase your wisdom and spiritual power. Help that is given to others, which entails a “sacrifice” that cannot be truly afforded, fills the recipient with a sense of joy and gratitude. In this manner, they are uplifted by your benevolent acts, or you are uplifted by the actions of your benefactors. In this case, gratitude is shown by devotion to the benefactor (exhibited by readiness to sacrifice on their behalf). It is important to realize that since the beneficiary lacks material possessions to sacrifice, they must sacrifice their negative emotions in order for their prayers, which are issued on behalf of the benefactors, to succeed.
The beneficiaries of the sacrifices from others will find themselves challenged to overcome their faults, which may cause them to engage in acts of ingratitude towards the benefactors, or towards God-they may be blind to the help they are receiving because they remain focused on their problems. They fail to see that the help they are receiving is only the first half of the solution to their problems. The second half must come from the beneficiary’s spiritual work to assist the benefactors-through which they must transcend their faults (meditating and doing Qi Gong, Yoga, etc. is not enough). The principle that teaches the recipient to imitate the good deeds of the giver, can be generalized and applied to the importance of learning from all examples of good and spiritual conduct-the more challenging, the better.

Benefactors will be challenged by negative feelings generated by wrong thoughts around the lack of gratitude and probable insolence from the people they sacrifice for. They must remain true to the law of love, which is giving seeking nothing in return, as God gives to all.

Recommended Reports
1. Balancing the Life-force
2. Divine Law Meditation

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if this is being fully understood here.
Yes, it is remarkable that related spirits can communicate
with such amazing subtlety. But it's remarkable because most
of the time spirits do not have this kindred relationship
and often fail to communicate at all. Maybe the Yi is also
pointing out a lack of affinity or connection. No matter what
it is that the crane calls from the shade, a cormorant just isn't
going to notice it.
Just a thought.

mudpie

visitor
Reaction score
I don't see how this line can be pointing out a lack of connection. We could just as well say then that any line in a given Yi response means the very opposite of what it says, so why even ask at all then?
BUt I looked up "cormorant" and one definition is a "greedy person."

What I would say to you Miakoda about this line is that there is definitely a spiritual connection to this person, a rare and special undeniable connection, but perhaps the other party is not wishing to answer the call. NOt everyone is attuned to the things/people that are right there for them, the ones that could make them very satisfied.
BUt take comfort anyway that the connection is present AND know that on some level, he/she is "on your line". I realize it might be small comfort to you, wanting more in the tangible sense, but I would still take comfort in the message anyway.

B

bruce_g

miakoda said:
but the truth is this person doesn't think about me at all

Miakoda

Are you sure?

Maybe the song is playing but you both need to "increase" the volume.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Its interesting to me you bought this up Miakoda since I had exactly the same experience with this line some time ago, I always got it when asking about this person.
I was confused, it felt to me like there really was a deep spiritual connection between us and also the person did in many ways let me know they thought there was something special...yet there was such a distance between us and it seemed its how they wanted it.

:confused: Confusing, definately, but maybe thats how it is sometimes for reasons we can't quite fathom we are not actually 'with' this one we have the connection with. I feel perhaps it is indeed quite a subtle connection but real none the less - so theres comfort in that as Listener says. I also agree with what Brad says, yes theres this amazing subtlety in the connection, but its quite possible, due to this subtlety, to be ignored by other party, yet the bond remains.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
" yes theres this amazing subtlety in the connection, but its quite possible, due to this subtlety, to be ignored by other party, yet the bond remains."

Like rock stars ignoring their lovesick fans?

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Perhaps it would be helpful to look at this as being an opportunity to experience Inner Truth so that you are more able to recognize it when you feel it in future situations. When I was 12 I met a boy and fell in love. For one afternoon it was Romeo and Juliet. Unfortunately I confided in my dear mother who told me I was too young to be in love. I never saw him again. Six years later I met my husband. I recognized the sence of Inner Truth had Increased and it was even deeper than I had experienced with my childhood friend. This time I didn't let anything separate us and we are still together today.

B

bruce_g

I just now read Brad’s 61.2, and laughed. Same song. Almost. 'Cept rather than turning up the volume, listening more carefully to the subtle, the real. But same idea as an answer to this question.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Willowfox, Please! A little respect. As one who tore off her training bra and threw it on stage at George and Ringo, I must protest there is nothing subtle between rockstars and their adoring fans. Now Judy Garland singing to a photo of Clark Gable might fill the bill...

miakoda

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone, you've been so kind. I really appreciate the help.

The Yi Jing sometimes puts us through spirit training, doesn't it? Maybe he just played an inadvertent role in the process. It's sad really, because I think we would've been true friends and how often does that happen? Oh well.

Miakoda

G

goddessliss

This has got to be one of the most informative and interesting threads I have come across. Thanks to all that participated. xx

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).