...life can be translucent

Menu

New movie: Richard Wilhelm and the changes by Bettina Wilhelm

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't found anything to tell me if Hellmut was her father or her uncle. Anybody know?
The press release says nothing about Hellmut, who I think had a much deeper understanding of the Yi than his father.

Last edited:

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
Ok, that got me curious . . . seems Richard had four sons out of whom Hellmut was one of the uncles to Bettina (the father, Walt, doesn't seem to have had much to do with the study of the Yi, source)

S

svenrus

Bettina, Walt's daughter, is a professionel moviemaker. Whether her father had anything to do with I Ching or not she could very well have been inspired other ways to make the movie...

S

svenrus

I saw the trailer one more time and heard here saying: "my grandfather" about Richard Wilhelm; so now I'm a bit confused....

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
There was Richard Wilhelm, her grandfather, who was the first to introduce the YiJing in western thought, and then Hellmut Wilhelm (one of his sons and Bettina's uncle) who had also studied extensively and written about Yi . . ;)

S

svenrus

There was Richard Wilhelm, her grandfather, who was the first to introduce the YiJing in western thought, and then Hellmut Wilhelm (one of his sons and Bettina's uncle) who had also studied extensively and written about Yi . . ;)

So it is. James Legge got a more critical view on the I, but that's another chapter....:bows:

libur

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for the information, I haven't heard of the film before and directly ordered it!
As anyone of you seen it yet?

S

svenrus

Thanks for the information, I haven't heard of the film before and directly ordered it!
As anyone of you seen it yet?

I have ordert it too and hope my moneytransfer to the Switch bankaccount will work properly (as I notised two different accountpossibilities....). A docu in 87 minutes have to have something in it somehow I hope

....... got a message today from the distributor that they haven't received the banktransfer, around 27 GBP, but as I explained the possible mistake between the two bankaccounts of theirs they replyed quicly backward, saying thei'd try to sort it out..... I'll follow this process up and went back here, in case others are thinking at havin' the DVDmovie sent....

"good morning

the money has arrived. The dvd will be shipped today.

friendly greetings
eliane landert

eMotions media solutions gmbh"

- but ! correctly I should have waited until I received the confirmation on, which of the two bankaccounts to be choosed.

Last edited:

libur

visitor
Reaction score
Then I guess I was as lucky as to pick the right account... Haven't heard of them yet, but I think it will be shipped in the days to come.

S

svenrus

Then I guess I was as lucky as to pick the right account... Haven't heard of them yet, but I think it will be shipped in the days to come.

I don't know if it's the same account for Denmark as for other countries, but here the correct data are (for Denmark):

eMotions media solutions GmbH, 8008 Zürich
Accountnr.: 24099871
BICnr.: SOLA DE S1 KNZ
IBANnr.: DE65 6905 0001 0024 0998 71

And the address to Praesens-Film AG is:
Muenchhaldenstrasse 10
CH-8034 Zürich
Switzerland

Last edited:
S

svenrus

Today on the 19' of september I received the film which I ordered on the 11' of september. That just to say that one will have to be patient.
Here is another link concerning Hellmut Wilhelm: http://svenrus.dk/hellmutwilhelm2.pdf

Last edited:

libur

visitor
Reaction score
My order has been shipped but I wasn't at home yesterday to take delivery of the parcel. I think I'm going to head to the post office later and watch the film tonight!
Did you write the text on Hellmut Wilhelm that appear when clicking on that link? It's really nice, I think I will have it printed out and read it all later, I can't read long texts on the computer :rolleyes:

S

svenrus

My order has been shipped but I wasn't at home yesterday to take delivery of the parcel. I think I'm going to head to the post office later and watch the film tonight!
Did you write the text on Hellmut Wilhelm that appear when clicking on that link? It's really nice, I think I will have it printed out and read it all later, I can't read long texts on the computer :rolleyes:

I'm glad You ask this quistion. I use to point out the source and I've just corrected that on my homepage. Here the source is:
http://www.umass.edu/wsp/sinology/persons/wilhelmh.html

S

svenrus

The movie is professional made and got beautifull sceneries from China. It's mostly a movie about R. Wilhelms life in China and circling a little around the history - the events happening during that time ie the early twentieth century. Beside Bettina Wilhelms visits to those areas in modern China where R. Wilhelm lived I'll mean that the movie will tell most to those interesting in who the man is that made the I Ching popular to the western world and it gives a short introduction to what the I is for those who are at the very first steps learning about it. A good introductionmovie with its center point at Richard Wilhelm and those close around him.
Thats my view after havin' seen it; just a little ago.

weiwuwei

visitor
Reaction score
Anyone know if this movie is coming to Region 1 NTSC? I can't find it anywhere except the Region 2 PAL link on Amazon.co.uk.

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
I am in the US but ordered the DVD from Amazon in the UK, using my US Amazon account. Easy. When I opened the package the wrapper was in German, but the English version is on the other side. It says it is a region free DVD in 16:9, and although it is PAL it does play on my Macbook Pro fine.
When I had emailed Bettina last summer about an American release she said there were format conversion issues they were working on.The disk menu is a choice of which language version to view, or some extras. There is more difference between the two versions than simple dubbing I imagine. Jonathan Pryce does a great job reading WIlhelm's diary entries in English.

weiwuwei

visitor
Reaction score
For future readers' sake, thought I'd add that a Region 1 DVD has been released, and is ASIN B00BC0JFLC
on Amazon.com. It can also be bought from eBay sellers.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).