...life can be translucent

Menu

Why was my manager not direct with me? Hex 23.2.3 to 18

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Why was my manager not direct with me? Hexagram 23.2.3 to 18

My managers hired another analyst and gave them a senior title without informing me while keeping my title the same even though I've been there longer and helped out a lot. I've basically been teaching the new hire even though he's suppose to be more experienced and I feel quite betrayed. No one even brings it up to me. I feel like Hexagram 23.2 is saying don't do anything otherwise I could start conflict and line 3 points to me being "overthrown" by immature management (just because im studying). Hexagram 18 points to repair, but im not sure i want to repair anything with people like this. Just not sure how to react... Just because I have chosen to study for some personal reasons doesn't give them to right to be immature.

TygerChild

visitor
Reaction score
This does not sound like a very happy or healthy situation and for you is very challenging. Your colleagues seem very unworthy people and they are not treating you fairly. Be cautious and keep your own integrity and things might improve. Whether you choose to leave this situation or not is up to you, but it does not seem to be very conducive to your own interests.
If it were me, I would seek another position elsewhere and leave.
Hexagram 23 is about 'stripping away' which refers to losing things, being diminished, and Hexagram 18 is about deterioration. Both hexagrams when applied to a real life situation are quite obvious in their meaning.

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, I know it's not a healthy situation, and have been trying to figure out something else but not really getting much luck. I asked the I-Ching, "Will I find a better job soon?" , but received Hexagram 5.3 turning to 60, which does not look promising. Line 3 says if I wait around I invite some sort of "danger", and hexagrams 60 points to limitations. I'm not waiting around but I'm not finding anything either.

kkappa

visitor
Reaction score
I'm getting the sense that 23 is about you stripping away your view on this situation.

You feeling betrayed and entitled to a senior position all seem to come from your ego's desire. Try to look at this from the perspective of WHY you didn't get this position, why wasn't it offered to YOU, what's the message, have you felt like this before in another situation and it's repeating because you haven't understood the lesson yet? (23.2)

Try and detach from this situation. There's another way to look at this without playing a victim. Get rid of this way of thinking (23.3).

And then work on fixing anything you may have spoiled along the way at your position since the news (18).

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Why was my manager not direct with me? Hex 23.2.3 to 18

It's not the best question to get a clear answer from is it ? Guessing other's motives can be a bit hit and miss and ultimately irrelevant since it's what you need to do about it that matters.

5.3 can say that you are allowing the robbers of doubt and hesitation to immobilise you. If you want to know why someone did something asking them is about the only way forward in the end

Just because I have chosen to study for some personal reasons doesn't give them to right to be immature.

Immature ? Not grown up ? That isn't how they are acting they are just acting like all businesses do. They aren't there to make you feel good. They all do this, they all do this kind of betrayal so the word 'immature' doesn't really fit here. It's business practice isn't it. They want their money's worth out of you. It's what managers do.

Nothing new about that.

Take kkapa's advice. Also 23.3 indicates not them over throwing you but you dismissing them, not minding this, distancing yourself from them.

It never pays to ask why others do things as when you get answers back that apply to you you misunderstand and get into a total pickle thinking it's about them

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think that I did not get the position since my manger came to find out I was studying for an exam not related directly to the industry I am in. He harassed me about it late last year at lunch and I told him its a personal interest and many ppl in corporate retail industry study for it.

In fact, even though the company did not pay for my exam he wanted to know when I get my results (which is none of his business). So they thought I was going to leave. My impressions are that in order to get this person to work at this company since he already has some experience was to offer him a higher title. I mean I am teaching the guy. Hard to get rid of this thinking since I am always helping other people, and staying late to help my manager. I try to not let it get in the way...oh Hexagram 5.3 turning to 60 is a different question though related to job search.

Last edited:

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
It's not the best question to get a clear answer from is it ? Guessing other's motives can be a bit hit and miss and ultimately irrelevant since it's what you need to do about it that matters.

5.3 can say that you are allowing the robbers of doubt and hesitation to immobilise you. If you want to know why someone did something asking them is about the only way forward in the end

Immature ? Not grown up ? That isn't how they are acting they are just acting like all businesses do. They aren't there to make you feel good. They all do this, they all do this kind of betrayal so the word 'immature' doesn't really fit here. It's business practice isn't it. They want their money's worth out of you. It's what managers do.

Nothing new about that.

Take kkapa's advice. Also 23.3 indicates not them over throwing you but you dismissing them, not minding this, distancing yourself from them.

It never pays to ask why others do things as when you get answers back that apply to you you misunderstand and get into a total pickle thinking it's about them

Although I agree, I am not sure how I feel about being direct with them since they were not direct with me. I feel a little uncomfortable especially since my manager's reason for hiring this person is to "just help with the unexpected workload". I think i will eventually bring it up in my review, but I do not wish to cause any conflict. When some miracle happens and if/when I do find another job especially after this ordeal, I will just quietly leave with no expectations. Several employees have left the company because of shady management...

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).