...life can be translucent

Menu

ligament health question

cliftonj

visitor
Reaction score
Good day

Thought I'd post this q and see if anyone has input.

I sprained my ankle severly sometime ago and have undergone "prolotherapy" for the ligaments. Basically dextrose injections to stimulate further healing as ligaments that become lax ususally don't tighten up, which leads to instability.

At any rate, the therapy sessions are too expensive so i can't continue to visit the MD for them and i feel I can perform the injections myself w/ my medical and anatomy education and seeing that i have access to all supplies.

So I asked "what will be the outcome if I self administer prolotherapy on myself?"

I got 51.4 > 24.

"the shock is mired"

At first this seemed to be indicating that the time or situation is not best to do such a thing.

but, looking at it a different way, w/ the shock being the injury and the mired feeling being the watery or lax ligaments, is the 51.4 describing the present situation?

any input would be much appreciated!

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
HI clintonj
For me I see this as leave well alone.
The ankle injury is on the mend and you have a course of action in place - are you going against the prescribe rehabilitation program? if you chose to administer the injections yourself then you may get something that you hadn't bargained for.

Be Well

Mike

cliftonj

visitor
Reaction score
This is an old injury and ligaments don't heal anymore than they do after the initial healing. That's why it is terrible to tear or strain one.

I understand about getting something that i didn't bargain for, that's why I'm asking for clarification.

I wouldn't be doing anything different than what my prolotherapy doctor is doing. I know I need more treatments but they are expensive and insurance doesn't cover them. With treatment, I have a greater than 80% chance of substantial recovery and relief from an instable ankle.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).