...life can be translucent

Menu

Having a family!!

viviank

visitor
Reaction score
Hello!
It is quite some time since I 've writen here as I was trying to find my way with I ching answers!! But with this one I need your help partly because it 's important to me and partly because I cannot grasp it's meaning in terms of advice. I asked "What I should do in order to advance in my life and have a family?" and I got 37,2,4 to 1
I hope you dont find it funny but is a dream of cherish and I feel ready for it.
Any insight would be much appreciated.
Thank you :bows:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Confine yourself to the duties at hand.

You're doing a great job.

Keep up the good work.

-Rosada

viviank

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Rosada for your reply and time! :bows:
I guess you mean it is positive but the only thing I changed the last year is my way of thinking towards this issue. Propably that's it! :) Your comment in 37.2 is to concentrate only to staff I can control, am I right?
Vivian

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
What should I do in order to advance in my life and have a family?
37.2.4 > 1

Six in the second place means:
She should not follow her whims.
She must attend within to the food.
Perseverance brings good fortune.

Cultivate your good qualities.

Six in the fourth place means:
She is the treasure of the house.
Great good fortune.

Start saving for family expenses.

1 The Image

The movement of heaven is full of power.
Thus the superior man makes himself strong and untiring.

Take care of your health. Maybe a check up.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Actually I didn't mean focus on what you can control, I was simply quoting Wilhelm on that line. I think it means focus on what you have in front of you that needs to be done. Don't spread yourself too thin. Perhaps you are too busy and this is keeping you from creating what you really want. Or perhaps you are being cautioned not to take on too much. Think in terms of finding a friend to go for coffee with rather than taking on the whole marriage, mortgage, maternity madness!

Thinking about this some more...I don't know your situation, but 37.2.4 seems to describe someone who is appreciated but is confined. I'm wondering if you are in some sort of closed in situation where people appreciate you but are not particularly thinking about what you need for your happiness. These lines seem to describe someone like a nanny or a housekeeper about whom everyone says, "Oh, she's such a treasure we don't know what we'd do with out her," and indeed they don't make any attempt to introduce you to a larger world that might offer new opportunities and cause them to lose you. So maybe 37,2,4 is saying you've certainly got what it takes to run a household and raise a family but changing to 1 could be saying now YOU have to create some opportunities for yourself.
-Rosada

Last edited:

viviank

visitor
Reaction score
Wow Rosada! :claps: How you do it? :bows: I hope someday I will manage to understand I ching a bit like you!!

"I'm wondering if you are in some sort of closed in situation where people appreciate you but are not particularly thinking about what you need for your happiness."
That is exactly the way I feel because I come from a family with very strict social rules that I am obliged to follow and they imposed to me implicitly as the daughter of the family. I am talking about the ethics of my family and the way the "household" is arranged. (I want to apologize about my poor English and I hope you can understand what I am writing).
I have read in this (http://www.iching123.com/37_text.htm) that line 2 is the mother who perform her duties and line 4 is the eldest daughter who is enriching the family by sustaining line 5 the father!! And that's exactly my position, I am the eldest daughter working with/for my father by doing the designs which are the basis for his business. In addition I live at the apartment above them!! My mother implies all my restrictions and is my eternal judge in everything!!
I am so overwhelmed from this situation that lately I have decided to move and get an apartment in an other area of the city near my work but they don't want me to do it. I told them and they reacting as if I 'm going to stay forever at the apartment above. My mother take it personally as if I am abandon her. I know that it sounds silly but that is the situation and th emotional load of their reactions is very heavy.
Sorry for the long post but your "clarity" made me to open my self and get a little clarity as well. Thank you!!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).