...life can be translucent

Menu

should I buy a camper van ?

orpheus

visitor
Reaction score
Have been contemplating (for a long time now) buying a camper van to bring new adventure into my life which feels stale. Asked if I should go ahead and received Hex.48 the Well moving lines3 5 and 6 changing to Hex, 4 Youthful Folly. The first seemed promising but the second not- Help please!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Have been contemplating (for a long time now) buying a camper van to bring new adventure into my life which feels stale. Asked if I should go ahead and received Hex.48 the Well moving lines3 5 and 6 changing to Hex, 4 Youthful Folly. The first seemed promising but the second not- Help please!

Hex 4 shows the question, the background the context. It isn't just the future..all it shows here is you don't know what to expect, maybe you don't know much about camper vans or have no idea about what having one will entail or something that makes you a novice in some way in connection with this

48.3 i think may possibly point out its a good idea to talk to someone who seems toknow about all things camper van...and 48.5 and 48.6 just amount to 'why not if you want to' to me.

remember there is no 'should', its a personal choice about a purchase not a moral dilemma.

If i received this answer I would be doing some research on what to buy...and checking out others views too (48.3) do the research, think and by that time you'll probably know if you want one.

48 could refer to your finances too guess, theres seems no reason not to buy it if you want to...

Its probably wise to calculate how easy it might be to sell if after a year or two you get bored with it or want to sell. I've seen a number of people sell theirs after only a few years .

Last edited:

icastes

visitor
Reaction score
48, the Well, means that you ought to maintain your present position, i.e., don't buy the van. The moving line means you ought to do what with what you have for the moment; you have unused resources that need to be developed. If you do that, then you will begin again like a child, 4, and that is a kind of a new start.

tiziano

visitor
Reaction score
Your reading resonates much with the spirit of your question.
You want to "bring new adventure into your life which feels stale", so you're trying to use your personal well better to reach for fresher water.
Line 3: as trojan says, it's your work to be done to find the camper van and maybe also a bit of work on it, but IMO it means above all that your life has some unused resources and that with the van you can find a way to use them for your pleasure.
Line 5 is your new van and line 6 is you enjoying it.
Hex 4 is your new adventure, with lots of new things to learn and the "folly" of a child with plenty of life.
Also note that hex 4's image is that of a spring gushing from a mountain, so the water has been reached and extracted and is now available and fresh. Now the newly born stream just needs a bed, i.e. ground, space and time to be used, and banks, i.e. learning, education and property and moderation in its usage.

orpheus

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you to all who have assisted with their thoughtful replies. I am considering fully their content.
In the meantime I should point out that this is potentially a huge time of transition for me. My children have left home, I am single and the current lease on my shop expires at end of March and I am considering not renewing it, ending a business of 20 years. (Thus the idea of the camper van!) I asked the Yi about ending the shop here -the town is stagnant and its affecting me. I received Hex. 1 moving line 4 changes to Hex.9.
In one way very encouraged by receivingThe Creative but line 4 seems simply to throw the question back at me: 'The Superior Man observes without committing himself.' It feels like I have been teetering on the edge of a threshold for far too long already but I know a part of me is clinging hard to what is known.
Not expecting you to sort out my life but welcome the kind of insightful perpectives already shared.

slowcheetah

visitor
Reaction score
Okay, this might be stupid but I felt I should post it.I just got this very same reading asking if I should write to an ex boyfriend I had long ago.But it is not really because I want to come back with him. See, my life is quite stuck right now. I just finished university and I am single, broke and generally bored and tired about my life and its various difficulties.So I've done a lot of castings about many things recently and suddenly I thought about this person. Although things ended (?) bad between us, I do recognizd he made me who I am now. I was this shy little person that never spoke and didn't leave her house and he just came and lit me like fire. So I ask the Yi about writing to him (he lives in another country), mostly not thinking about a comeback but about him possibly helping me re-find my path in life and 48>4 comes out. And since I am confused about this answer I check this forum, expecting tons of results about relationships as usual and apparently the only post about 48>4 was this one, about buying a van and starting a new life on the road.Both the original post and the replies made me remember how this relationship was an adventure from beginning to end. I can say it is the big adventure of my life so far: It was always risky, as it started as an affair and we both lived in different countries. We traveled far, we had wild discussions about everything, we wrote each other beautiful letters and made plans for the future. It was a most intense experience and I forgot about it all until I cast this reading and read this post.I don't know if I should write to him or not, and I still don't understand what I should do if it is the case that the Yi is telling me to do something. But I thought it was beautiful how, in a way, both of this situations are about searching inside yourself for big adventure. This thread is old but I hope everything went wonderful with your new camper van. And thank you all. Hope you're all happy now.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).