...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 53 - what does this mean?

han_n

visitor
Reaction score
Hello friends,

I''m new to all this and a bit puzzled. I asked i ching what will happen between me and a ccertain person (someone that I feel extremely strong connection to but don't know very well yet) and I got hexagram 53 as an answer.

http://www.ichingonline.net/rw/17373043.shtm#top

Could someone wiser explain me what this actually means? I would appreciate it a lot.

edge

visitor
Reaction score
Hi there,
I've always found 53 unchanging to be very positive as a response to a relationship query like yours. It denotes positive progress, just don't expect anything to happen very quickly, let things unfold in their own time.
E

han_n

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for this!

I also asked i ching a question will i get married to this person:

the answer was hexagram 55 with the line 2 changing. What should I think of this?

edge

visitor
Reaction score
I'm reluctant to look at this second question, because its so similar to the first question you asked - what can I expect with this person? The I ching has given you an answer, let things develop at their own pace, and immediately you ask the question 'will I get married to this person?', which essentially is ignoring the first reading, and trying to move to the eventual conclusion really way too fast. The I ching is called the book of changes for a reason, everything is constantly in flux, your 53 shows there is a good chance of this relationship developing, with good result, and that this person could be a good match but you have only just met, you don't know him/her well yet so you just have to see how things go. We all have free will, and you will make your decision as to whether you want to marry this person when the time comes (as will he/she). If anything, 55:2 seems to be saying 'you have the power to make this work, if you want, its down to you and your convictions'. Nothing is set in stone, but you can give it your best shot. 34 to me feels like another reminder not to be too rigid in your approach, but to take challenges as they come, see how it develops, which brings me back to 53.

edge

visitor
Reaction score
just to reiterate, 53 is very much about GRADUAL progress, so don't try and run before you can walk, asking if you will marry someone you have only just met is definitely running before you can walk!

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Wilhelm says of this line, "Because this second line is weak, it meets only with doubt and hatred when it turns toward the prince who belongs to it, the six in the fifth place." Now I doubt if this "prince" you are asking about would turn on you with doubt and hate if you were to show an interest in him, but the IC does seem to be cautioning you to not take the man's role, let him pursue you if he's interested. IC goes on to say, "The power of inner truth will enable [you] to overcome the separation and to arouse the will of the ruler." This sounds like the IC is saying for you to just be yourself, that will be enough to attract the right sort of attention.
The Image of 34 says, "Thus the superior man does not tread on paths that do not accord with established order." Again, let him pursue you. If it's meant to be it will be, meanwhile remember the image of 53, "The superior man abides in dignity and virtue in order to improve the mores."
-Rosada

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I asked i ching what will happen between me and a certain person (someone that I feel extremely strong connection to but don't know very well yet) and I got hexagram 53 as an answer.

What will happen? Well you need to get to know this person more intimately as you need to plant the seed then water it, otherwise it will not grow.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I also asked i ching a question will i get married to this person:

the answer was hexagram 55 with the line 2 changing. What should I think of this?

Perhaps try a few dates first, unless your family are thinking of an arranged marriage for you then you would have no choice?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).