...life can be translucent

Menu

money

yamabushi

visitor
Reaction score
Qusetion "What can I expect if I land money to X?" Answer; 14.3.4>41

3 and 4 sound ok, but 41 does not, maybe it would be better not to land money....

Suggestions?

icastes

visitor
Reaction score
It does suggest not that you won't get the money back, but that it will take time as 41 is declining fortunes that in the end are finally restored. So, if he is a good friend and needs the money and you do not depend on that money coming back in a long time, then lend. Otherwise, don't.

yamabushi

visitor
Reaction score
It does suggest not that you won't get the money back, but that it will take time as 41 is declining fortunes that in the end are finally restored. So, if he is a good friend and needs the money and you do not depend on that money coming back in a long time, then lend. Otherwise, don't.

X promised to give back money in one week.
Do you think that line 4 are very confusing, every author comment it diffrent, Willhelm says; He makes a difference
Between himself and his neighbor.
No blame.

Alfred Huang; Fourth Nine
Not inflated,
No fault.
Not inyated,
No fault;
He is bright, discriminating, and clear.

What about line 3? Who is noble and who pitty man anw who is emperor according to my question? :)

icastes

visitor
Reaction score
14 is a great harvest. Line 3 is really about the characters involved. In other words, petty men cannot do what this prince or duke does. It warns you to keep the right attitude about your money. The fourth line is a warning to make sure that you do what is right and what is responsible. That goes for the both of you. The issue really is the problem of 41, Decrease. If you give him the money, he may not return it in a week, if he veers off the proper path. But 41 also promises that eventually you will get the money as any adversity if lifted.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
What can I expect if I lend money to X?
14.3.4>41

☲ ☶
☰ ☱

You are uncertain of X. What you have (14) will be decreased (41). The reversal of numbers looks tricky and is inauspicious. Even if you get the money back, you will not be compensated for your worry. Are you able to consider this loan a gift? If you make this loan, is X likely to hit on you repeatedly for loans in the future. If so, you may be in for endless trouble.

yamabushi

visitor
Reaction score
What can I expect if I lend money to X?
14.3.4>41

☲ ☶
☰ ☱

You are uncertain of X. What you have (14) will be decreased (41). The reversal of numbers looks tricky and is inauspicious. Even if you get the money back, you will not be compensated for your worry. Are you able to consider this loan a gift? If you make this loan, is X likely to hit on you repeatedly for loans in the future. If so, you may be in for endless trouble.

No, I cant consider it gift, it is too much money.
In any way, one week is for sure out of question? Result of whole situation would be too much time and problems?

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
No, I cant consider it gift, it is too much money.
In any way, one week is for sure out of question? Result of whole situation would be too much time and problems?

Yamabushi, X does not have money now. If X gets your money and spends it, where will the money to repay you come from? If X is going to have extra money in a week, why doesn't X wait a week to spend it?

yamabushi

visitor
Reaction score
Yamabushi, X does not have money now. If X gets your money and spends it, where will the money to repay you come from? If X is going to have extra money in a week, why doesn't X wait a week to spend it?

X say that he need to cover old debts and then he can get credit from the bank.

Anyway, every time when I obtain 41 I could not done any major resolution of problem, during of decrease only the minimum things can be resolved...

yamabushi

visitor
Reaction score
14 is a great harvest. Line 3 is really about the characters involved. In other words, petty men cannot do what this prince or duke does. It warns you to keep the right attitude about your money. The fourth line is a warning to make sure that you do what is right and what is responsible. That goes for the both of you. The issue really is the problem of 41, Decrease. If you give him the money, he may not return it in a week, if he veers off the proper path. But 41 also promises that eventually you will get the money as any adversity if lifted.

Now this is interesting. Is it true that 41 promise lifting adversity for sure? Hexagram 19 warning for misfortune in 8 month, but it is not the thing that must happen if you prepare for it. Maybe neither 41 does not promis that adversity will be resolved...

patro

visitor
Reaction score
probably the IC is telling you that you don't will loan money to X.
or to loan to your friends just the amount that don't decrease-41 you.

understanding the answer is very difficult since you ask using "if"... "if" in an question is like in mathematics it is the "unknown factor".
IC will answer you anyway... but are you sure to know to what is referring the IC?

try to ask directly: will I ............?

yamabushi

visitor
Reaction score
I dont think that Yi is telling me that I will not land the money in advance. Line 3 is showing me giving the money.

Something like that happened to me once, I asked what can I expected if I do that, answer was 33 unchanging, tomorrow i really give up from taking action before I even start...

patro

visitor
Reaction score
the interesting to know is what you will finally do!
all other is speculation.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Qusetion "What can I expect if I land money to X?" Answer; 14.3.4>41

3 and 4 sound ok, but 41 does not, maybe it would be better not to land money....

Suggestions?

This answer leaves it entirely up to you. 14.3 says a prince can afford to give to those beneath him....but are you a prince ? can you afford it...thats all you have to ask yourself. 14.4 asks you not to compare your actions with what others might do. This really is down to your sense of what you feel is the right thing to do for your friend and yourself . 41 indicates that in giving there is some loss of some kind for you, you are making a sacrifice. its not specifying what kind of sacrifice it is...sometimes just not being sure of getting the money back and lending anyway is the sacrifice. Line 3 is not showing you giving the money...its asking you if you able to be like the prince and give the money.

I think the answer is clear that if you have the resources and feel it is the right thing to do then lend the money. if you have doubts because you cannot afford to lose out if he doesn't pay back then theres no shame in that, no shame in refusing to lend either. Not everyone can afford to be as generous as the prince in line 3...so you have to decide are you wealthy enough to act like a prince and give money even with no guarantee of return...or do you need to be more cautious ?

Think hard 'can i afford this' and act accordingly.

I actually agree with Icasteses answer and others. The 41 makes it look to me like if you choose to give be aware there may be a sacrifice for you and it would seem the sacrifice would be possibly not getting the money back in full or on time. For some people that wouldn't be a problem if they have enough for themselves (or if their friends welfare is above all of their own considerations).....but do you ? Can you afford to put this persons welfare above your own...and do you want to

Last edited:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score

I do not like this. X will pay you back only if he (gender assumption) can get a loan from a bank. The bank will not lend him money if it knows that he covered his old debts only by a very short-term loan, so in applying for his loan he plans to deceive the bank. This is unethical. I would not lend to a brother under such circumstances.

Last edited:

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score

If you lend him the money, you will be buying his debts.

You yourself are not a bank or a lending institution. They have ways of protecting themselves that you don't have. You might say to him, "I'm sorry. I am not a bank."

I have often gotten lines 3 and 4 moving when I asked about volunteering for no money. In other words, giving something away for free.

X needs to speak with a credit counselor about how to pay down his own debt. If he has any income at all, he will be able to pay down his own debt. That way will take him longer.

Don't let him put his debts on you, Yamabushi, unless you really don't mind about completely losing the money.

Last edited:

yamabushi

visitor
Reaction score
probably the IC is telling you that you don't will loan money to X.
or to loan to your friends just the amount that don't decrease-41 you.

understanding the answer is very difficult since you ask using "if"... "if" in an question is like in mathematics it is the "unknown factor".
IC will answer you anyway... but are you sure to know to what is referring the IC?

try to ask directly: will I ............?

just one idea, I noticed when I ask "what can I expected if..." Yi give me an answer in which describes me in act, but when I ask "what can I expected when I do that" I obtain just clean outcome...

yamabushi

visitor
Reaction score
One person is already owning a money to me. Question; how can I get my money back? Answer 53.3>20
Have no idea how to interpret it....

patro

visitor
Reaction score
But what will finally do is also a speculation because it depends about answer from Yi :confused:
nope,
what you will finally do about...is just written! the IC give you a clean answer about the outcome, about problems... etc.

about 53.2-> 20...... it seams that you know that this person is able to give you back the money.... but if you don't ask directly it seams that this person wont return it to you voluntarily.

btw... are you a private/personal money credit distributor? good to know :rofl:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
btw... are you a private/personal money credit distributor? good to know :rofl:

:rofl: yes i will bear that in mind too.

BTW Yamabushi you asked first question over a week ago....and you said he said he'd give you money back in one week if you lent it ...so by now you must have decided whether or not to lend the money to the first guy ? What decision did you make as a matter of interest (no pun intended) ?

(ps I need some new shoes ;))

yamabushi

visitor
Reaction score
:rofl: yes i will bear that in mind too.

BTW Yamabushi you asked first question over a week ago....and you said he said he'd give you money back in one week if you lent it ...so by now you must have decided whether or not to lend the money to the first guy ? What decision did you make as a matter of interest (no pun intended) ?

(ps I need some new shoes ;))

I have decieded not to lend money to X. As I hear X lend it from loan shark.

According to mayan astrology my mission in this life is helping people. I understand now that this must not be through money landing...

More about 53.3>20 please
Does line 3 indicates misfortune if I push with too much force?
What does hexagram 20 mean here?

patro

visitor
Reaction score
More about 53.3>20 please
Does line 3 indicates misfortune if I push with too much force?
53 line 3 talk about the possibility to be betrayed from a friend... your friend is not yet willing to return the money that you lend him.

20 the ablution is just done but the sacrifice has not yet occurred...
this simply is describing a step by step situation that must be done like a ceremony... you can't skip a passage... and you are the ministry of the ceremony in your little.

the return is postponed to the future... much farther than you think!

I have decieded not to lend money to X. As I hear X lend it from loan shark.
as you can see... the IC just saw your decision about with 14-> 41

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
One person is already owning a money to me. Question; how can I get my money back? Answer 53.3>20
Have no idea how to interpret it....

in general in 53.3 people do not honour their promises, people walk away from their responsibilities. So if you want this money back as Patro said i think its likely you will need to go and ask for it since you can't rely on them keeping their side of the bargain.

If you look at the imagery a man leaves his home and does not return leaving it vulnerable to robbers and a woman 'bears a child but does not bring it forth' so these symbolise people not able to fulfill things expected of them.

Here I don't know if the 53.3 might apply to you or the borrower as the lack of proper care could be regarding your own responsibility for your well being, your care for your own finances. Either way seems to me you would need to chase up getting the money back...and if you can't get well i guess you have to put it down to experience

BTW I 've found that though theres the idea 53.3 has to do with neglected responsibility it can simply be someone simply will not or cannot live up to anothers expectations which may not be anyones fault..just the way it is. The expectation of getting the money back may currently be misplaced

Last edited:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score

Contemplate your debtor. What are the debtor's circumstances? Is the debtor able to repay? And what is in the debtor's heart?

P.S. Trojan likes Wellingtons.

yamabushi

visitor
Reaction score
Contemplate your debtor. What are the debtor's circumstances? Is the debtor able to repay? And what is in the debtor's heart?

P.S. Trojan likes Wellingtons.

debtor circumstances are bankropt.
I think in debtor heart is chaos only...

yamabushi

visitor
Reaction score
in general in 53.3 people do not honour their promises, people walk away from their responsibilities. So if you want this money back as Patro said i think its likely you will need to go and ask for it since you can't rely on them keeping their side of the bargain.

If you look at the imagery a man leaves his home and does not return leaving it vulnerable to robbers and a woman 'bears a child but does not bring it forth' so these symbolise people not able to fulfill things expected of them.

Here I don't know if the 53.3 might apply to you or the borrower as the lack of proper care could be regarding your own responsibility for your well being, your care for your own finances. Either way seems to me you would need to chase up getting the money back...and if you can't get well i guess you have to put it down to experience

BTW I 've found that though theres the idea 53.3 has to do with neglected responsibility it can simply be someone simply will not or cannot live up to anothers expectations which may not be anyones fault..just the way it is. The expectation of getting the money back may currently be misplaced

Does this mean that I will not get the money never at all?
I ask the same question for the same person 9 month ago and answer was 17.4>3
How does it look now?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).