...life can be translucent

Menu

Focus! focus! - need some advice please.

tifa

visitor
Reaction score
Dear all,

I need your advice about my career path. This time it is regarding where to place my focus. I have drawn out different career options where I can possibly take; a good way to keep my options open. My previous trend (Post job interview) does suggest that I will eventually get my desired job but ....god knows when? Okay, I am restless but trust me, I have tried my ever best to rotate my daily routines...from skiing to sewing and hair cutting.... and now, oil painting.

So, i have drawn out four possible options and It is impossible to channel 100% energy to all options.

So, I’ve asked Yi, What would be the outcome if I focus on:

Option A: Hex 54.2.5>17
This is about pursuing a PhD in Research. There are many openings at the moment and I am keen to try my luck. Moving lines in Hex 54 does speak of my past and present state, and that I should continue to pursue my desired career?

Option B: Hex 10.3.5>14
This is about returning to school for another masters/ postgrad course. It is an option but I am not sure how ideal it is as graduating from school doesn’t necessary guarantee you a job these days…..<- expert on this field.
:rofl:

Option C: Hex 30.4> 22
I take that as a sudden shooting star in the sky and booom…. It disappears.

Option D: Hex 4.1.3>26
This is almost a new field to me. Good pay, highly recognized and lots of social skills involved. Hex 4 seems to be targeting my lines about this option and Hex 26 reflects on taking great care of my actions in this field? (application, etc).

And lastly, "when will I get a job?" Hex 29.5>7 = To be patient and if I act correctly, I will escape from danger and the time frame is in mid-April 2011?

Insights will be appreciated :bows:
Many Thanks
Tifa

tiziano

visitor
Reaction score
Just some quick impressions.

• Opt. A: This one seems the most promising of all. Lines 2 and 5, both central, exchange positions, but in fact it is the two trigrams that swap their places. A subordinate role at the beginning, when you still can't see far and must rely only on yourself, but if you have tenacity you'll be awarded, I think you'll have an opportunity to gain a position in someone else's place. This should reverse your situation, it will be just a matter of making a step into the flow.
  • Opt. B: Not bad but risky. Having to do with something bigger than you (also take in mind that hex 10 is about aims, objectives), probably hurting someone or not respecting some "rite" (convention, form or iter, curriculum) properly; also note that the same expression found in 54.2 recurs, about the one-eyed who can see. Anyway, 14 tells about having much back (but doesn't guarantee a work, IMO, maybe it just refers to knowledge)
  • Opt. C: Agree with you (BTW you didn't specify what option this is). Anyway, could be a beautiful experience, and somehow illuminating. Again something to do with "seeing"...
  • Opt. D: Not so good. Many things to learn, must submit to some rules and limitations of your freedom (it's a job after all). Mention of gold/bronze, i.e. money, but not in a very positive way, as it seems to lack real substance. Yi can be interpreted as saying not to take this "bride" (work). Moreover, hex 26 usually means that a lot of energy has to be spended to tame something great and strong (this could even mean that adapting to this work will be harder than expected). Anyway, it can as well mean that after a tough learning period you can have the chance to accumulate great resources.
I don't say a word about "when", because I still don't know how to calculate the period. Anyway your last reading seems to suggest clear orientation, discipline, determination and hard work; you shouldn't avoid the difficulties because the only way to overcome them is to pass through them like water filling the pits.

tifa

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Tiziano

Thank you for the input and it is nice to see you on the forum again. =D

Option C is a role in marketing in pharmaceutical companies. A field which I would consider in-and out of research.

Option D is in the field of laws and regulations. A lot of hard work and new things to learn if I do enter this field. Unlike the rest of the options, Option D is the option which I am uncertain about having a fruitful outcome......

Earning a PhD position (A) would more or less provide me the chance to do more research in the next 40 years? Earning another masters (B) = gain a bit more knowledge in whatever field I decide to pursue in and yes, no guarantee of a job. Entering the marketing scheme (C), there will be many opportunities for social networking and learning new life skills. Also, I can possibly switch back to research quite easily. As for entering the laws and regulations (D), I could only imagine having a busy life, hard work and money.

I have to agree with you about my last cast (29.5>7), a clear orientation, determination and hard working mind is required. I am prepared for the hard work, it is just a little bit of orientation here at the moment.

Returning to the time frame business, I have been looking at different sources on how to determine the timeframe and I must say it is a rather complicated. Any one out there? or further input?

Thanks
Tifa

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
time frames are complicated, I just look at wilhelm's for months. But exact timing of events I find astrological transits and secondary progressions to be more accurate and easier to look up.

wck6265

visitor
Reaction score
A Rooster cock-a-doodle-dooing

If I were asked to illustrate your current energy state graphically, I will picture you as a rooster cock-a-doodle-dooing in the morning; waking up everyone as well as inducing other roosters to join in the orchestra.

Rooster represents a supreme Yang. Its morning call has the power to activate and resonate as its way to expand its presence. But it can only do it when it is the right time, otherwise it will be roasted in no time.

Your present energy state is a classical Yang; reeling to unfold itself through Qian 1. Qian 1 is about a major trend in formation; or yang energy in its budding stage.

Yang and budding are two conflicting energy states: an expanding energy trapped in an incubator. The danger is to force open the incubator prematurely because of impatience. Even if you could force your way out, it will be a torturous road that will lead you to nowhere.

The correct action at this stage is to identify the nature of this energy formation. If the perspective is correct, there will be plenty of signals around you that will paint the big picture when the pieces are put together. The smart thing to do is to quickly acquire the necessary skills required to take the full advantage of this heaven created opportunity.

Using the above painted picture, your option B seems to be closest to what you need at the moment. However, it does not necessary mean studying. It is more like asking you to start a path-finding mission to flush out the correct path forward.

The first step in path finding is to keep an open mind; trying everything that comes your way; regardless of your emotions. The second step is to search for a path that will bud.

The secret is in finding an expanding instead of a faltering path. Drop it the moment it falters. If it is a correct path, it will quickly expand and blossom. Patience is required to keep our emotions in check. Otherwise your mind will be closed and judgment clouded.

Painting the big picture, upgrading the correct skills and path finding are your prime focus at this budding stage.

tifa

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for your input wck6265. Your input is accurate and it is flavoured with a great sense of humour. Yes, I used to wake up every morning at 7am, turned on my computer, check my mail.... google... job search..... I spent literally 16 hours of my time in front of the computer, retreated from my social life, locked myself in the room doing what I thought was "supposedly right".

No TV, no radio, just a lamp standing next to me and me typing my cover letters away.

It was a mistake. That routine has drained an energetic young lady to depression (not clinically!). It was until recently, I noticed that my "inactivity" was driving me insane. Now, I wake up every morning telling myself that today is going to be a better day and spend a few hours on job hunt and a constant day-day receptiveness to job advertisements on magazines. So, I am constantly staying aware and open to different options. For example, I just saw an advertisement recruiting for science teachers in public schools which I will look into. I have also been knocking on recruiters and companies doors hoping that there would be an upcoming position for me. They seemed impressed of my achievements but they find it difficult to fit me neatly in the company……

It’s been a year now and I cannot help to look at myself (like hex20) and think, what am I lacking of? Am I less capable than my surrounding friends? We graduated from the same school, same course and that I am an all rounded person, not someone who enjoys sitting home all summer holidays and watch tv. So, why am I sitting home…. Self cultivating? Am I being greedy or too ambitious? And why am I not given the chance?

And to be honest, its not about the money and fame….. I would have gone to the banking industry instead of sticking my stubborn head in research. What matters is the opportunity to learn and I am just not given and I have no idea where this waiting is leading to… and when will it end.?!? I think I do sound a little desperate here.

In relation to skills, I am constantly seeking improvement on my writing skills. I am also learning a new language, not an easy task but I recognized the power of knowledge and the need to attempt something new. I agree with wck in gaining the necessary skills which I have been consistently working on.

at Chingching, could you elaborate a bit more about the astrological transits?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).