...life can be translucent

Menu

1 > 52

cris

visitor
Reaction score
I received this casting in response to the question:
"What is the best thing to do for me to achieve x?"

Hex 1 is pure creative energy - absolutely required to obtain my goal. Hex 52 however cautions not to do anything, which sounds a bit contradictory. Is the Yi saying there is nothing I can do for the moment?

Any help in understanding the reading will be as usual highly appreciated :bows:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
What is the best thing to do for me to achieve x?
1.3.6 > 52

Energy is needed to do anything, but do you have enough energy in the particular field of x? Like the flow of water, energy quickly falls into fixed paths by digging channels. That is, energy release needs to become habitual and guided to achieve x. Think of the casting as the Colorado River flowing through the Grand Canyon.

Line 3 implies that achieving x will require all-absorbing effort.

Line 6 is a warning not to commit to this excessively.

cris

visitor
Reaction score
You are spot on. This project would require an almost full time investment, but the reward would be incredibly satisfactory.

What to do though?

Line 3 sounds like an invitation to take action; line 6 like a warning not to. According to the method Bradford explains here, the lower line is the ruler; based on Alfred Huang's book, the higher should be followed....

white owl

visitor
Reaction score
Do not become overwhelmed but harness the creative. I am thinking not to let this burst of creative energy that is needed to achieve..to go beyond your ego or to get out of hand. Keep it still & sustain it, in its proper forms, to manifest in the areas needed.

mythili

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Line 6 of H1 can also indicate someone with their head in the clouds, spaced out, not connecting inner reality with outer reality, or someone just unsure about whether to act or not. I think Yi is just telling you to do the hard work and keep grounded while doing it. H52 - keep an inner and outer stillness.

hopex

visitor
Reaction score
why are lines 1 and 2/ 4 and 5 not being used here ?

is there no wisdom in them (got this reading myself today):bows:

M

mirian

Hello Cris,

Apparently there is some sort of confusion regarding your reading. If you got Hex 1 - The Creative >> Hex 52 - Keeping Still - your changing lines should have been 1,2,4, 5. Is that correct? Can you clarify then we could have a look at all your lines?

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
why are lines 1 and 2/ 4 and 5 not being used here ?

is there no wisdom in them (got this reading myself today):bows:

Thanks for catching this, hopex. I responded to the lines that did not change rather than to the lines that changed. The casting should be 1.1.2.4.5 > 52. My excuse for this error is brain fog from statins. I save my work and did indeed draw the hexagrams but still messed up. No harm done, though. With so many lines changing it might be better to focus on the lines that do not change. There is wisdom everywhere :)

hopex

visitor
Reaction score
Sure - thank you Pocossin it wasn't a trip up - I just see
that some people say read the unchanging lines when there
are many moving lines. I think Bradford said if you had 5
moving lines then definitely heed the one unmoving line.

i do not know wht the rules - if there are any - are. It is
interpreting at a deeper level than I have been accustomed to.

Are you saying anything goes? - whatever speaks to the querent?
i will read Hilarys notes for beginners - i was just given some cursory
advice in the early days and it has stayed unsophisticated.

M

mirian

Sorry, I am a bit confused here, as I am a learner myself;) Should we ignore completely the 4 changing lines here? Because if that is the case the interpretation of this reading (Hex 1>Hex 52) will be absolutely different. It will significantly alter the Yi advice/message on the original question.

Your thoughts, please.:)

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Are you saying anything goes? - whatever speaks to the querent?

Not for me. I am not satisfied until I find the querent in the casting. However, in my approach hexagrams are primary, lines secondary. If I find insight in the hexagrams, I may not consider the lines at all. Usually I arrive at a general synthesis from the hexagrams and then consider the lines for details.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).