buddhist counsellor and material girl 41.1.6>7

hopex

visitor
Reaction score
I am getting some counselling on the gentle persuasion of a
friend as I am confused on many levels.

I found a guy who is a buddhist and sounds great - but I realise
that I am materialistic - having lived in penury on such notions
as a young woman I flipped to monetising my time and efforts.

I asked the Yi if this guy would be a good counsellor for me

41 is not a hexagram that appeals.......or army and fighting - HELP!!

:eek:

S

sooo

It may be helpful to think of decrease bringing increase to a greater body, a whole being, as represented by 7. Lines 1 and 6 make a good case for this meaning. The whole can represent the whole being, which you are, and/or it can include others within your circle, and most idealistically all sentient beings. If the Buddhist councilor is Buddhist in more than name only, it would make sense that this would be an important aspect of his council.

hopex

visitor
Reaction score
thank you sooo -

he is definitely the real thing - he said I am in a Bardo and that
if I see Buddha on the road - kill him

because the answer isnt outside but inside. A very gentle and
pleasant man I asked the Yi how the intorductory session went
and got
29.1>60 which again feels restrictive

S

sooo

He sounds of Tibetan Buddhism persuasion, not only because of his Bardo reference but that all manifestations of deities in the Bardo, whether appearing as benevolent or malevolent, are but reflections of ourselves, our hope and fears. The most benevolent are the ones which lead us back into Sansara, or recycle of rebirth into the illusionary karmic cycle. Therefore to kill the Buddha is a metaphor to see beyond appearances of good and evil, and thus attain Buddha consciousness and freedom from the karmic wheel.

This is pretty heavy stuff for a 'material girl', and I could see the danger of falling into a deep pit, falling off the deep end, so to speak, should you take this on too quickly and intensely, particularly without the supportive culture as a foundation. Hence the advice of limiting these ideas and practices, if you in fact find them appealing to your nature at all at this point in your life.

My advice is to approach with reserve and caution, and to determine for yourself whether this is the right path for you to follow at this time. You're right, it would likely be very restrictive. However, it may be possible to gain a certain degree of perspective from it to help you balance the powerful pull of materialism (Maya), if that is something you wish to do.

Perhaps a clearer understanding of the potentials of your first reading may be enough for you to find the balance of decrease and increase: of increasing yourself, and also decreasing yourself to benefit those persons and causes you choose to serve.

hopex

visitor
Reaction score
thank you sooo - your input was most helpful

the second session went well as i was helped to
breathe - no philosophies i would find hard to
take on

I asked Yi how it went and got 16 unchanging which
seems its ok for now:bows:

hopex

visitor
Reaction score
Sooo = this did indeed pan out that I became
more bodily whole through his recommendations
of meditation and exercise - specifically stretching.
So the body ananlgy of 41 to 7 was perfect (as was the joke)

The 29 to 60 was right on too - while i could study krishnamurti
et alia - i dont need to. Just limit myself to mindfulness. Great
help thanks Sooo

nahema

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
A Buddhist walked up to a vegan hotdog stand and said "make me one with everything."
So the owner made him the hefty hotdog, and the Buddhist gave him a $20. After a few minutes of being ignored, the Buddhist inquired to the hotdog owner if he could have his change.
"Don't you know," answered the wealthy hotdog owner, "all change comes from within."

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).