...life can be translucent

Menu

33.2.5.6>32 Crazy Cat

Reaction score
Yey, I got my computer all set up:). And just in time for a very important query about my roommates's cat. She's a great cat, only about 6 months, and very energetic and playful. She just was spayed by the local vet though, and has been running around despite all of our efforts to limit her activity. She has developed an infection and some scar tissue. So the vet has advised us to keep her caged and has one of those funny lamp shade things on her head. She doesn't seem too happy with this situation, and my roommate is very worried. So I asked

"What can we do to keep the cat calm while she is caged?"

And I received 33.2.5.6>32

I'm taking this to mean don't bother. She isn't going to enjoy this no matter what we do. 32 means lasting, right? So the frustration endures. Line 2 of hex 33 seems to paint a picture of her and my roommate's current condition. Bound together, and the cat cannot get away. And line 5 and 6 seem imply a cheerful retreat free of worries. Hmmm... So just stick by her, keep her confined, and don't worry about it? I suppose this is positive then. It suggests she is not as miserable as we think she is, at least. I can't imagine the Yi would say don't do anything if she were really that unhappy. Anybody have some ideas here? We gave here Rescue Remedy and we have some calming meditation music playing for her, and my roommate is staying in the room with her to keep her company. Seems to help a little. Thanks Everyone:bows:
:)DWF:)

folledeschiele

visitor
Reaction score
In response to your question, I see 33-2.5.6 as suggesting that to keep the cat calm and to soothe him, perhaps isolating him in a quiet and calm room might help? I have lived with many cats and their nerves are easily frayed and overstimulated, so sometimes just putting them somewhere in a quiet, dark corner can calm them down. Line 2 I believe refers to the cat's confinement in the cage, while lines 5 and 6 allude to peaceful retreat, so maybe secluding the cat (enforcing a retreat) will help. this doesn't mean that you can't interact with him, as they do need company, but try keeping the cat away from noisy rooms where there's a lot of activity and movement...he will probably end up sleeping and healing much of the time, and thus stabilizing (32). Just my intuitive take!

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
"What can we do to keep the cat calm while she is caged?"

And I received 33.2.5.6>32

You asked what you and your roommate can do, and Yi seems to be saying to retreat from your concerns about the cat. I get the sense that all the attention paid to the cat's condition might be overstimulating the cat's sensitive nervous system, as Folle wrote above. Ignore the cat! Go out of the apartment and leave the cat home! Take a brief vacation from the crazy cat! :)

Reaction score
Thanks Everyone for your input:). The cat has calmed down a bit. My roommate decided to keep her confined to the room only, and did away with the cage. I hope this is the right choice. That cage was making her bonkers! I wonder if line 2 was actually hinting that the confinement was too severe? I dunno... I'm more inclined to think it was just reflecting keeping her confined. Anyone have some thoughts on that. Anyway, she is usually not thrilled with being confined to the room either, but since he has been keeping her company almost constantly and keeping her away from anything that might get her hyped up, she is doing alright. Just relaxing in the corner for the most part, and isn't running around or anything. I am not worrying about it anymore though. I have offered my help if needed, and have provided some suggestions. I'm still not sure if this meant retreat from worrying about the cat, or enforced peaceful retreat for the cat. Well, I'm sure there will be a little bit of both going on here. I will let you know how she is doing in a couple weeks:).

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).