...life can be translucent

Menu

How to interpret 61.4.5 > 38

jade10

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everyone

A bit of background. I know in my heart that playing the lottery or buying scratch cards aren't for my higher purpose but I sometimes waiver in the hope I'll win some cash to tide me over rather than wanting to hit the big time!

My partner and I are both students and money is tight but I have a home, food, clothes and am grateful for what I have. I think I have become so used to my incoming money just managing outgoings in getting a bit fed up with it. There is light at the end of the tunnel and I hope buy autum the situation will change.

Anyway... Today i signed up for this thing called the people's lottery, after seeing an advert. I had never heard of it before and was intrigued so after checking it wasn't a scam, I signed up for £10 a month worth. Not a huge amount but money perhaps that could me bette spent.

I felt guilty afterwards as when financially things seem hard, I have bought a lottery ticket, knowing deep down that I shouldn't.

So I consulted the yi Ching and got he following response:

Q. Should i cancel the lottery subscription?

A. Hex 61.4.5> 38

So I felt this was saying... With being centred and sincere, modest offerings well received.
He changing lines threw me. Line 4 perhaps refers to me leaving the lottery, as it is a negative influence! Line 5 may refer to this going against my inner integrity.

I know this may appear trivial, any help would be greatly received as I have just started out with yi Ching and learning to have confidence in what I read!

juaneros

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Jade10:

Well, even though it is a yes and no question, I think the I Ching is telling you about your view on this situation. 61-- Inner truth: maybe you want to see the truth of this all, is it really worth it? The transformed hexagram 38 relates to the contradictions you have on this situation, wanting this but in some way being opposed to it. I just focus on one of the lines, in this case the old yin line. Line 4-- I like the interpretation from LiSe:

''The individual and society will never agree completely. In order to stay oneself, one will have to make sacrifices. Set your preferences, you cannot have it all, so decide what is important and what is not. Wanting all that society offers means one loses a lot Self.''

I think overall it is all up to you. You might want to ask another question though, like: How worthwhile is it to play that £10 monthly lottery? Or something to that matter. Hope it helps, and GOOD LUCK!

:D

Last edited:

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
line 4 .. run away or
line 5 ... you'll be bound to it.

lottery subscription is a sure way to put holes in your pockets. Mostly that's is purely my own opinion, because realistically if you were to receive a life changing amount of money would you even know what to do with it? are you ready for that? Would you buy a house with it, do you know what is required to maintain a house etc. etc. its not actually the solution it seems to be and the odds are most definitely against you. Best put that 10 pound a month into a high interest savings account, you may only make 5p but you'll still have all your 10 pounds.

but if I wasn't aware of this context I'd say if 10 pounds a month means nothing to you then you'll have good fortune, (guided by inner truth), but if it means a lot to you and you're putting a lot of weight on this, time to bale out.

Last edited:

jade10

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks both for your insights, very helpful indeed. I didnt realise at the time it was yes or no answer, which it clearly juaneros :) and i agree it is reflecting my feelings.
Ching ching I'm kind of ambivilant about a win, if I ever did win, it would be for house and car repairs, my sights are pretty low on that front! I also agree with what you have said, thank you.

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
Sudden major change, which is what winning the lottery would be, it actually very intense. Not that I'd refuse it! I remember going to buy a scratchy last year when I didn't have a job and I didn't realise you could only purchase them with cash, and I didn't have any cash and when the cashier had to tell me and turned back my credit card I felt a deep shame and just after exiting the store burst into tears. But ultimately it was probably the universe doing me a favour, although I was only going to spend $10.

staying in barely manageable, almost poverty is actually a more gradual way to find change. Its sounds bad I know and I'm not saying that your current financial status isn't stressful or needing to be gotten out of but it forces you to readjust your values and how you find pleasure.

I think one of the aims of 38 is to create a place for the 'divergence' and contradictions (of your inner truth ;) 61), wanting win the lottery and being realistic are two modes which can co-exist and perhaps to do this bring the winning-the-lottery bug down to earth by means of a slight tweak... do something spontaneous, completely different from your normal routine, take a risk and tell someone the depth of your feelings that you never told them before, run into the ocean without your clothes... all these are free activities that wont upset your need to be frugal but will satisfy your need to bust out of a rut... the need to feel free, be free

Last edited:

jade10

visitor
Reaction score
Ching ching your absolutely right! I need to break out the box and enjoy what I already have rather than focusing on what I don't have. Over the last few years my priorities have totally changed and I'm getting there... I think I may head to the sea this weekend :)
I need to think positive and enjoy the now. The universe is funny helping out but at the time it doesn't feel like it! But afterwards its really clear. Thanks for your help :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).