...life can be translucent

Menu

50 to 15, communication issues

L

lizzy

Hello, I'm new here and still learning. I'm in an online relationship, and as can be expected we have some problems with communication. Yesterday, I asked I Ching what attitude I should take in reference to my online partner in order to have our relationship progress. I received 61.2 changing to 42. I think I understand that one.

But recently we've been having a break in our correspondence. Last time he wrote it seemed he didn't feel like writing to me at that time, so I told him to take a break until he misses me and feels like writing again. I hoped it'd be a week, but it's been over two. So I asked I Ching why he doesn't write, and I got 50.2.4.6 changing to 15. I don't know how to interpret it. Maybe I'm too nervous about it and that's why.

Also, before I found this site I asked a general question about our relationship, that is whether we'll create a happy and stable relationship. I got 45.2 changing to 47. But now, after reading more at this site, I'm not sure one can ask this kind of question at all. Anyway, if possible, I'd be grateful for some insight on this reading, too.

Perhaps I should add that he found me via the internet just a couple months ago, but we met as teenagers in real life. He had been looking for me ever since. However, he's not single.

Reaction score
I'm totally guessing here, and just going off what you wrote. Is hard to say exactly why because we have no idea any background about what is going on in his life.

Line 1 Sounds like he is dealing with some jealousy, maybe from his lady about contacting you.
Line 2. He is in over his head with something. This may be referring to chartacter flaw s. After all, he is with someone, and sounds like he is courting you. Wonder what else he is handling in such a way. Maybe I have that wrong, but if so, he is not being honest.
Line 3 And, someone gave him the sage advice to focus on what is right in front of him. This line suggests this was the right thing for him to do right now.

15 suggests authenticity. So, maybe he is trying to be more authentic. Could mean he is auithentic with you, but sounds like he has something going on with his personal life, and is doing his best to straighten it out. Just my impression..

Any of this make sense to you?

L

lizzy

Thanks a lot for your answer. I do know more about his situation, but since it's his and not mine I don't feel free to talk about it at a public venue. We're both in long term relationships. (No one planned things between us would go like that, it just happened.) But mine has been quite shaky for a while so it's not such an issue. His is much more complex so if he would want to be with me he'd have some very tough decisions to make.

1. I don't think his lady knows about the corespondence. He wouldn't tell her. But of course she might suspect enough, and he might not want to worry me and so not tell me about it. We agreed not to discuss her or things between them. It's unfair as it is already, I don't think she'd thank him for airing their problems with me. That is if there are any. He says that, although not perfect, their relationship is pretty good. It may be not that good since he kept looking for me and decided to write to me, but it doesn't mean it's bad. You know, every long term relationship has some issues, and I really don't know how good or bad theirs is.

So you may be right, and there might be tensions. After all any woman would notice if her partner suddenly decided to stay up every night to read and write some emails.

What I don't understand is why this line says it's good fortune?

2. Perhaps what you said might refer to the complexity of the entire situation? I think he's honest with me, or at least I don't think he had so far any reason not to be. He's certainly not honest with her. But it's a choice in the end. He may choose either of us.

Also, I don't know if it's relevant here, but I think it's too early to choose me. That is if he wanted to, we're just not that far with each other to jeopardize such a long relationship as his. I think this might be the problem, because he has his responsibilities there and his feelings here. But it's not necessarily prudent to act on feelings alone, and if he chooses me, his entire world will fall apart and he'll have to start anew. We don't even live in the same country and we haven't seen each other for decades. On the other hand, he's been looking for me his entire life, and he has to decide if he wants to spend the rest of it wondering "what if..."

3. This someone was probably me, because I told him to straighten out the issues that were holding him back before writing to me again. I just didn't expect it'd take so long, but from what you say it seems I should be patient. It's just that I miss him.

15 Perhaps (hopefully) authencity in this case means choosing me after all. Integrity means having one's mind, heart and actions in the same place. I think the other reading I got - 61.2 (Inner Truth) changing to 42 (Increasing) might have referred to that too. That is that I should trust him and give things time, is that right?

I know how it sounds. It's the first time in my life I got involved with a man who isn't free, but it's also the only time in my life that a man has found me after looking for such a long time. And, to top that, we just clicked on so many levels I'm unable to turn down such a life opportunity. Having said that, I love the Goethe quote in your signature, I just hope I'm not Werther.

Reaction score
Thank you:)! Now, albeit, your situation is a bit sturm and drang, but you seem much more grounded than young Werther. So just don't go emailing your friend for any weaponry to take on a "long journey," and I think you will be fine;). I think most of us have been there at some point or another, and ya can't help who you are attracted to. And, certainly can't help who you love. But, you can help how you handle this. And it sounds like, to me at least, you did the best thing you could. You told him to work out his present problems, and it sounds like that is what he is doing. I think you are right about the last line, line 6. That is you, and this was good advice.

In line 2, that could be his lady, or could be other people in his life he has spoken with about you. Could this be you? If you have been feeling jealous could be... But I think it is about him and the people around him that are jealous. This line says they do not have power if he sticks to his work, meaning his priorities I think, maybe with you, but could also be other things he wants to work on.

In line 4, the cauldron's legs are damaged, so there is no foundation. Sounds like he doesn't have a leg to stand on. And this line suggests he is receiving a lot of disrespect, and not handling whatever is going on well. The inferior person in this line may be you, as in other woman. Or could be his wife, as in she is not really his first choice of who to be with. Is there a chance he has talked to his wife about this? Sounds like he may have from the reading. My best guess is that this is saying he is being looked down at for not sticking it out and putting his all into the marriage, and the inferior person here is you. He would not incur opprobrium for being with his wife, right?

The last line I think you got.

Hexagram 50 is about new beginnings/transformation, so it sounds like this is describing what's cooking with him. Perhaps his new beginning with you. 15 implies he is being honest with you, in my opinion, and maybe he is trying to clear things up with his wife. If he is, than that certainly would explain why he isn't contacting you. Sounds like it could get ugly. And it is going to take more than a few weeks to straighten out these issues, so be patient. You told him to contact you once he straighten things out, so if he gets in touch with you and they aren't, you would think he is making excuses maybe. So, perhaps he took this very literally. Being fairly new to this, please don't take my interpretation alone as an end all "prediction." It does sound to me like things are moving in your favor though.

Sorry if I sounded judgemental before. I wasn't thinking anything negative about either of you. I was just trying to keep my ideas as simple and clear as possible, and just give my straight first impression of what the Yi is revealing. Sounds like he needs to get it together though, for sure. This relationship sounds like it was dead in the water before you came along anyway. My dad was married when he met my mom, and he divorced his wife, and was with my mother for 21 years before he passed away. So, it could work out. Ya never know:). I just try not to get ahead of myself with these things though. You might want to ask "What do I need to see about my situation with X?" or "How should I handle my feelings for X?" Something like that to give you some direction on what you can do. Best wishes:hug:

Last edited:
L

lizzy

Thank you! It helps a lot to be able to discuss it with someone. I didn't think you were judgemental. It's just difficult for me not to judge myself or not to feel uncomfortable with the situation, so if I get defensive that's because I'm human.

In line 2, I don't think it was me. It's strange, but I'm not jealous about him. I do worry that he might give me up, but I don't think it'd be because he prefers the other. If anything, it'd be rather because the entire situation would be easier that way. On the other hand, I trust him. I can't explain it, but I just feel I should trust him, and that means I'm not jealous.

Another choice might be his friend who could be tough on him because he has strong Christian values about marriage and divorce. But I think he'd be angry rather than jealous.

Line 4, we'll see. Speaking to his wife seems too bold to me at the moment, but I really don't know. Perhaps it may mean his battling with himself?

What you wrote really let me calm down. It's easier to be patient when one sees some purpose in all of it. Hopefully it'll work out well in the end. I'll ask the questions you proposed tomorrow. I just need some sleep now.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).