...life can be translucent

Menu

Aunt in Trouble

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
So I'm just off the phone to my mother, who is in a complete panic about her younger sister who is in a very unstable state. Its gotten to the point that my mother is considering getting her sectioned to a mental asylum. My aunt is 58 and ever since I was born my mother and her family have been concerned about her, she is almost bipolar and extreme in her moodswings, has been on medication most of her life (due to a morphine addiction by doctors treating her for 3rd degree burns in the 60's) and is incredibly erratic in her behaviour.

I asked the Yi 'what is the situation with my aunt?' 29.5>7 which I took to mean shes reached the top of the abyss and its time for action (7).

I then asked 'does she need to be sectioned?' and I got 37,4,5>30.

Is Yi referring to the family interevening as a good thing here? family will help aunt get clarity?

Unsure about the 37>30

Thanks guys,

Yx

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
29.5 generally means trouble only goes so far and then it stops....like an overflow pipe saves a flood so it suggests to me theres no need for drastic measures it just looks like there is. She may behaving a time of crisis but it won't last

I guess in the end whether she needs to be sectioned will be down to a psychiatrist (37.5 ?) I wouldn't like to say....30 is about seeing the truth of the matter. Or 37 could be literal here, that family connections contain her here

....so 29.5 water reaches the top then flows away so no need to take action IMO

Having said that I couldn't be certain or like to be definate with a medical kind of matter

'Does she need to be sectioned ?'
might be a question that limits the answer... I mean who defines the 'need' , in what sense do you ask...theres no ultimate criteria so how does Yi answer re the need. Its easier to interpret if its your question of course and you know how you are meaning 'need', but here you don't know how to take it. You could also ask 'is any action necessary by the family' etc etc to get more precise answer, although to be honest I think 29.5 has always held for me as one almost reaches a crisis but at the minute it seems truly imminent one begins recovery

Last edited:

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
just to add that Trojan`s interpretation of 29.5 makes sense to me-the chrises has reached its peak and it stopped but you are prepared or should be to do something for her benefit...perhaps the family should gather around this problem that brings them together and as such gain clarity?

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
'what is the situation with my aunt?'
Her situation is stabilizing.
>7
She needs structure and supervision.

'does she need to be sectioned?' (or - what does she need?)
Family support.
The right supportive living situation. (The king grants there to be a house) Maybe something less than being committed to an institution, perhaps a group home or hospice care facility?
>30
She may need to separate from where she has been, and needs care to be able to deal with the loss.

- LL

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you all, I think your right about 29.5, maybe this level of extreme behaviour will recede now.

37 in general, a formal structural home. I know that her current living situation is very bad, its my grandparents house and she's never lived anywhere else, she's pretty sick of her house. The family in general like all families have had problems but there is a need I think for all of my mothers immediate family to have issues sorted out, I wont bring out some of the ghosts in the closet but some of the things i've heard are really terrible. It seems to me that they all need some kind of anti-anxiety/anti depressant outside help which stems from a very oppressed household when they were children. That generation in Ireland (at least my mothers family) see psychiatrists and any form of mental health professional as some kind on farce, I've been trying to convince my mother to seek help too. She is extremely isolated and alone and she has been in this pattern for so long (shes 68) that she just accepts that thats the way it is and there's no changing it.

Trojan, Yeah my questions can be very badly worded, I'll re-ask with your wording now.

'is any action necessary by the family' 39>2 all yang lines changing, lines 3 and 5.

???

Thanks,

Yx

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
I think that it is obvious from what you have said that the answer to this is yes, by and for the benefit of the family... I think your aunt is suffering tremendously and also your mother as a caretaker and perhaps it would be better to ask what kind of action/help would be the most beneficial for your aunts health and how the family can help your aunt the best?

Wilhelm:
39.3 Going leads to obstructions;
Hence he comes back.
While the preceding line shows the official compelled by duty to follow the way of danger, this line shows the man who must act as father of a family or as head of his kin. If he were to plunge recklessly in to danger, it would be a useless act, because those entrusted to his care cannot get along by themselves. But if he withdraws and turns back to his own, they welcome him with great joy

Your aunt and your family are used to this situation but it should change-your aunt can`t help herself alone. She should get help from the members of her family and that action should make everyone feel better and more connected.

39.5 In the midst of the greatest obstructions,
Friends come.
Here we see a man who is called to help in an emergency. He should not seek to evade the obstructions, no matter how dangerously they pile up before him. But because he is really called to the task, the power of his spirit is strong enough to attract helpers whom he can effectively organize, so that through the well-directed co-operation of all participants the obstruction is overcome.

I understand this as need to get professional help, a counsellor of a kind maybe and that the healing should be an collective effort beneficial to all members of the family.
I know how hard these things among family members can be and how deeply rooted, but try to view it from the practical side, delegate or something perhaps, so it is a team work that will make sense to everybody.:hug:

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you very much Dragona, It all makes sense now. I really wasnt sure what to make of that last reading. When my mum rang up yesterday I told her to get the rest of her brothers and sisters and organise a councilling session, I'm going to give her a call now and see if thats been sorted.

Bests,

Yx

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).