...life can be translucent

Menu

Romantic Relationship Potential

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
Which one would you say is more auspicious and why?

64.2.6 > 16

or

41.4.6 > 54

Enthusiasm vs. Marrying Maiden

Potential vs. Sure thing for coming in Second Best

(asking for purely academic reasons, because the answer to what should I know about pursuing romantic rel with either of those was 51 unchanging)

Thanks for your thoughts :bows:

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
that's amazing pocossin, because the Gentleman 41>54 is an embodiment of the Poor old Lady! There is Always something wrong with the world and woe is his poor self who is always called upon to deal with everyone else's problems (or rather, tends to involve himself for no good reason as far as I can tell).

While 64>16 is terribly tempting, I think, as said before, both are academic. I am fast approaching the "what was I thinking" stage in the proceedings :D

Thank you so much for your comment

gene

visitor
Reaction score
I would have to say the second reading is better, although neither one of them are ideal. But a lot depends on how well you take the advice that is given. Hexagram sixty four line two says, "He brakes his wheels" because the time is not right. Hexagram forty one line two says that before a relationship can exist, one must decrease his or her faults. The second reading however, has one yang line and one yin line, and although the lines do not correspond, it is better than a reading with two yang lines. Finally, hexagram fifty four depicts a wedding, which is the final stage of a relationship.

Gene

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Now I can understand why you can`t make up your mind. Not that you are actually BEING forced in any way to make it, right? Is there a 3rd ?:rolleyes:

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
Now I can understand why you can`t make up your mind. Not that you are actually BEING forced in any way to make it, right? Is there a 3rd ?:rolleyes:

haha, not yet, but I hope there will be soon. 3rd that is. :D

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
Just noting repeat of 64.2.6 > 16 but for the other side. Still no 3rd. Am fed up and exhausted. Biological imperatives can go and eff themselves, if you can excuse the awful pun.

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
64.2.6 > 16
There is wine and song. A good time. But someone is trying to hold back because they don't want to screw things up, the way they tend to when they overlook real issues, maybe someone has baggage? And or perhaps overconfidence has in the past led to the other being offended, feeling taken for granted, losing trust somehow? So "he brakes his wheels" to try to preserve dignity and avoid potential embarrassment.
Maybe this expresses itself a lack of commitment or distancing because "if you really knew me you couldn't love me." So it is hard to complete.

41.4.6 > 54
It will take some time and serving the other, but there isn't anything wrong with that. However one is going to have to be happy playing second fiddle, to the other or to their "mistresses"; career, other commitments, etc... There is nothing wrong with that either, some people have long and happy careers in the second chair. But not everyone would choose that way either, you'd really have to be in love I think.

- LL

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
OK any chance for a quick help with an additional cast? My mind is all messed up with this so I asked What is the Correct thing to do about X?

26.2.3.5 > 42

I always get confused when I ask for advice on the correct action and get a line that talks about some sort of error (i.e. strap under the carriage removed).
So, this talks about a great taming; having a bit of pause to make necessary repairs (26.2) - i.e. pull myself together after losing the grip today; then polish my act - perhaps even decide on a goal? (26.3) and reap those just rewards (26.5) in the overall aim of improving myself as I progress through life (42)?

SO this still doesn't tell me what to do about X as such. It's like this thing, like a thought that is like a rough stone in my shoe and I just never know when it will jab into my foot and where it will strike next. And I keep asking what to do about this and keep getting these answers, but I don't know if I should just try to get away from "it"; ignore it, transform it into a particular thing (and what if that?) or what?
Or should I try to talk to X about this? I mean I would just be humiliated, so what would be the point? Part of me thinks maybe I just need that slap in the face to wake me up from this insane mental merry go round.

When I asked What would happen if I tried to talk to X about this, I got 31.6 > 33 which was more or less me talking and then retreat happening. Then as that was confusing, I asked what X's response would be and got 37.2.3.4 > 10 which I took to mean some sort of instruction as to how I should behave in order to fit in?

Anyhow, I think the question is - do I talk to X or try and sort this out in my own head alone?

Edit: On the other hand, I just remembered that Mercury is retrograde until July 20. Mebbe not the best time for Talks until then...
http://galadarling.com/article/how-to-survive-mercury-retrograde

Last edited:

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
What is the Correct thing to do about X?

He has been damaged in his ability to get far in a relationship.
He is a worthwhile person, strong and the Yi likes him, but the situation requires your constancy and that you take the lead. Social director, event planner, set up situations to take the relationship where you want it to go.
Act cultured, with grace and manners, be on your best behavior, don't be a wild woman or gauche.

> 42
Bring your best contribution to the situation.

- LL

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
What would happen if I tried to talk to X about this?
It would be a superficial attempt at influence. Perhaps this line suggests learning to develop a relationship of affection without words.

what would X's response be?
37.2.3.4 > 10
Cooking, caring for, supporting him without an ulterior motive works. But just talking, whether joking or scolding does not go deep enough to nourish and sustain the relationship.

- LL

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
What is the Correct thing to do about X?

He has been damaged in his ability to get far in a relationship.
He is a worthwhile person, strong and the Yi likes him, but the situation requires your constancy and that you take the lead. Social director, event planner, set up situations to take the relationship where you want it to go.
Act cultured, with grace and manners, be on your best behavior, don't be a wild woman or gauche.

> 42
Bring your best contribution to the situation.

- LL

That's nice. Thanks. However, this morning I woke up and I could care less about x. Seriously, x who? Of course, I shall be on the lookout for being overcome by unreasonable feelings at any time, but right now, I am more than happy not to have anything to do with x. (I am the one who can't do relationship, x is actually happily coupled.)

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
What would happen if I tried to talk to X about this?
It would be a superficial attempt at influence. Perhaps this line suggests learning to develop a relationship of affection without words.

what would X's response be?
37.2.3.4 > 10
Cooking, caring for, supporting him without an ulterior motive works. But just talking, whether joking or scolding does not go deep enough to nourish and sustain the relationship.

- LL

LOL! gender stereotypes much? Why can't he be cooking for me, supporting me? I don't want anyone who would expect traditional wife (which X has actually admitted is what he wants which made me feel appalled and yet again wondering why I am drawn to this person - it turns out it's Astrology, but Astrology isn't a binding contract)

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
Well had you told me this, I would said 26.2 means he is vulnerable as his relationship has problems, and 26.5 means behave yourself, don't hit on him this is not what we do in polite society. And as for the rest, it advises against talking about any of this, but rather showing your 31 affections/desire to influence through your behavior, not words. To talk about it would only tread on the tail of the tiger, but not serve him or your familial relations in any meaningful way.

- LL

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
Well had you told me this, I would said 26.2 means he is vulnerable as his relationship has problems, and 26.5 means behave yourself, don't hit on him this is not what we do in polite society. And as for the rest, it advises against talking about any of this, but rather showing your 31 affections/desire to influence through your behavior, not words. To talk about it would only tread on the tail of the tiger, but not serve him or your familial relations in any meaningful way.

- LL

Yeah, I have been avoiding talking about any of this for a long time, precisely as a way of showing my affection. (and bc I wouldn't really know what to say) . At the end of the day, I just want an easy life and some friends to help me enjoy it. Why is that so hard to find!?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).