...life can be translucent

Menu

Not sure how to apply 16 to question

S

seeker

I am becoming more and more familiar with 16 as it keeps popping up. However, I got it unchanging in response to how do I deal with the feelings I still have for X? Not sure how living in harmony with others would help that. I know there is more to this hex than that, any ideas as to how it applies to my situation?

stuart

visitor
Reaction score
My understanding on 16 is a set of traffic lights.Move on the green light.where are you in the situation,Red amber or green.You may want to move forward but the red light stops you.Wait for the process of change towards the green light.Do not wait at the red when you see the green.The hexigram seems to be about enthusiasm;your own enthusiasm will certainly take you forward but it has to be at the right time.Maybe similar to hexigram 5.In hex- 5 there seems to be an element of danger involved.I do not think the danger exists in 16, only the importance of timing.

bradford_h

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi Stuart-
This is good.
The Tuan Zhuan calls Yu "responsive movement" (shun dong) or movement responsive to the time.
I don' know about the modernists' dancing elephants, but dancing itself is good, moving with a rhythm.
There aren't stoplights where I live, but I see them sometimes. That usually involves cursing?

stuart

visitor
Reaction score
thanks and respect to you.
16 is one of those hexigrams that requires some aditional clarity.

S

seeker

So, in this case, not live in harmony with others, but with the situation. Take things as they present themselves and act when the time comes to act. In this case, the poem posted on the other discussion of this hex seems to be a very good description. Wait and listen, listen to my inner voice maybe and to that which is going on around me. Thanks

julie

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
"Enthusiasm" is a really helpful way of looking at 16 for me, and in that context, it seems really applicable to your situation with X. Enthusiasm is powerful and wonderful, but it's easy to get carried away, and it can be dangerous in that way. It's like an elephant: powerful, can move lots of stuff quickly, a source of excitement, but you've got to be careful, because elephants can get out of control.

In your situation particularly, I think the message is that the enthusiasm itself is very valuable, but taking that into action needs to be done with a great deal of care, lest your elephant run away with you. I'd look at the meaning of X for you more than X as a human being. What are your fantasies about what life would be like with him? Claim those images for your own -- don't let them belong to X. They're yours, that enthusiasm is yours, and don't let it run off in the uncertainties of the real world relationship.

Hope that helps. I found 16 so confusing for such a long time -- it's kind of a thrill to have it come up in someone else's reading and think I have some sense of what it might be saying!

Julie

S

seeker

Well, thats odd. I know what I think about when I think about a future with him, but I thought it was an interesting question to get more insight on, so I asked what does X mean to me? and got 6 to 25??? Thinking maybe I had asked the wrong question, I asked what does X represent to me and got 46, unchanging. 46 kind of makes sense, ascending, going forward, but I am not sure about the first answer. I do have some conflicted feelings because of the uncertainty of whether he is even an issue or not (although I just posted to Wolverines thread that I also recently got 2 in response to whether we would get back together), but I don't see how that answers the question. Am I being obtuse???

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).