...life can be translucent

Menu

applications 58>6 & 55

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Would appreciate to hear your interpretation on some readings. Doing the paper work to apply for some courses and asked some guidance re which provider/program is best for me.

for option #1 got 58.1.6>6.
Conflict makes sense as its my back up choice Its more convenient ( the joy of 58.1) yet I'm not very thrilled and line 58.6 might indicate that probably is not the best option.

for option #2 got 55 unchanging .
Regardless the darkness of 55 , I had to chuckle with Hilary's text

Decide what you will do, take it on, make the practical preparations and march out.

as its the one I really want to do and feels like Yi says "ohhhhhh, Just DO IT !!!... NOW" , lol

any thoughts you can offer will be appreciated

thanks !

Last edited:

littlebuddha

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Anemos!
Hi guys,

Would appreciate to hear your interpretation on some readings. Doing the paper work to apply for some courses and asked some guidance re which provider/program is best for me.

for option #1 got 58.1.5>6.
Conflict makes sense as its my back up choice Its more convenient ( the joy of 58.1) yet I'm not very thrilled and line 58.6 might indicate that probably is not the best option.

Me too, i am not very excited about this option - it's as if it would start well, but later indeed some conflicting situations might arise (the course might turn out to be not exactly as promised, the materials used could be the ones that not resonate with you - and it even might be that instructors' methods won't resonate with you), so i say - pass it, especially that your intuition also suggests it's not really the best choice for you.

for option #2 got 55 unchanging .
Regardless the darkness of 55 , I had to chuckle with Hilary's text

as its the one I really want to do and feels like Yi says "ohhhhhh, Just DO IT !!!... NOW" , lol
I really think this is the way to go - given that we keep in mind 'every beginning is difficult" - even the one we are really looking forward to, and also given that you (sorry for wording, i don't know how to put it otherwise :( ) curb your enthusiasm a bit... (Nuclear: Preponderance of the Great/ Balance: Keeping Still, Mountain/ Reversed:Biting through) Hope this helps :bows:

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Same Decision tree, different branch...

for my current studies I asked

Stay at A :28.4 >48
It is what it is. Asking more about it is indeed distressing. Maybe take what it can give me and finish there ?

Transfer to B : 30.1.3.4 >23
23 here might mean that this approach is closer to what i need. Might be confusing at the beginning ( as they have a different style); might be more demanding (30.4) which is true as a friend that has transfer there told me ; Should I got or else regret it later ?

Transfer to C : 39.5.6 >52
I'm lost with this one ....

Whats your take on those reading ? Can you see something different from what I do ?

littlebuddha

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Same Decision tree, different branch...

for my current studies I asked

Stay at A :28.4 >48
It is what it is. Asking more about it is indeed distressing. Maybe take what it can give me and finish there ?
I think - yes, finish that one first, that's based on the reading and also, unrelated to Yi, on my personal experience (i am in academia.) Any course is just a base, with all the internet options - distant learning, self-tuition, summer courses and what not, one can get Ivy League level of education, without ever setting a foot there... More so that you are studying Yi, you are in better position, are wiser and have better prospects by default ;)

Transfer to B : 30.1.3.4 >23
23 here might mean that this approach is closer to what i need. Might be confusing at the beginning ( as they have a different style); might be more demanding (30.4) which is true as a friend that has transfer there told me ; Should I got or else regret it later ?
I got very different feeling from this one - as if your take and your friend's might be very different, as if her needs don't coincide with yours and it's as if you'd regret going there... :(

Transfer to C : 39.5.6 >52
I'm lost with this one ....
Seems an impasse to me... I don't think it's so much about the course itself, but could be commuting, funds, flatmates (if there are such) in the new place... other than course itself obstructions.

Would you mind doing a casting on "What about considering further studies - after having completed the current ones"? Where are you with your studies right now? If it is the same field, and unless the situation where you are now is completely unbearable - i'd stay there and later on see what are the alternatives for further specialization; otherwise - what i've been witnessing for decades now, the only transfers that work at the end are when people change fields of study, not the alma mater itself.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Anemos!

Me too, i am not very excited about this option - it's as if it would start well, but later indeed some conflicting situations might arise (the course might turn out to be not exactly as promised, the materials used could be the ones that not resonate with you - and it even might be that instructors' methods won't resonate with you), so i say - pass it, especially that your intuition also suggests it's not really the best choice for you.

For some reasons are not pretty clear I feel aversion. It could be very convenient and hex 58 as unchanging could be the perfect answer as its what i'm looking for yet 58.6 worries me a bit. I see you h6 take. Was thinking of H6 as my inner conflict but you might be right. Will have the chance to participate in a small course so maybe will help me to see what this reading is about.

Hi Anemos!
I really think this is the way to go - given that we keep in mind 'every beginning is difficult" - even the one we are really looking forward to, and also given that you (sorry for wording, i don't know how to put it otherwise :( ) curb your enthusiasm a bit... (Nuclear: Preponderance of the Great/ Balance: Keeping Still, Mountain/ Reversed:Biting through) Hope this helps :bows:

"curb your enthusiasm a bit..." its an understatement , haha. My gut feeling is that is the one ! So maybe H55 states that I do over-thinking about it. 55 asks for a decision , so maybe its the time to make it and plan everything around it.

I don't use ( or know how to use) nuclear and such. I might have a look .

Thank for the help , littlebuddha.

littlebuddha

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I don't use ( or know how to use) nuclear and such. I might have a look .
Oh, it's easy, yet oftentimes quite helpful, here is Hilary's essay on it: http://onlineclarity.co.uk/answers/2006/10/05/nuclear-hexagrams-why-bother/

Also, if you go here: http://www.russellcottrell.com/VirtualYarrowStalks/
click at The Virtual Yarrow Stalks I Ching , enter manually the casting you got (in this format 58:6 ) and mark ADVANCE option, you get it all - the nuclear, the shadow, the reverse etc. :bows:

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Seems an impasse to me... I don't think it's so much about the course itself, but could be commuting, funds, flatmates (if there are such) in the new place... other than course itself obstructions.

That's correct !!! totally missed that side as I was focused on the benefits. It's the least flexible option and yes it requires a lot of commuting. Need to think more about it as the lines are not extremely bad. Need to think more your take on the other two too. :)

Would you mind doing a casting on "What about considering further studies - after having completed the current ones"? Where are you with your studies right now? If it is the same field, and unless the situation where you are now is completely unbearable - i'd stay there and later on see what are the alternatives for further specialization; otherwise - what i've been witnessing for decades now, the only transfers that work at the end are when people change fields of study, not the alma mater itself.

Yes, I understand what you say, just I'm getting a bit anxious because one of the main reasons I want to transfer is that the perspective they follow (postmodernism/social construction); can't say its my favorite one and that's bad for my motivation. That's the beast and the coming year is having a Big party !!!

The grad studies require only a part from the undergrad but I wish to finish them too because it increases some future options. So, the plan is doing grad & undergrad somehow together.

A system of equations with many variables...:rolleyes: trying to rule out some of them.

Thank you for your help and the link ! Much appreciated !

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).