...life can be translucent

Menu

Work succes? 38.1.6 > 40

squirrele

visitor
Reaction score
hi all - would much appreciate any feedback.

I have chosen to tutor from home;due to the economic crisis here in Cyprus; and truth is I have to work on getting more students. So I asked the Yi this morning 'What should i expect from my tutoring this year?' and I got 38.1.6 > 40.

38.1 - what would the evil people in this line indicate? My thoughts went directly to my 'worry' and 'anxiety' :blush:
38.6 - this line seems auspicious but am not sure what its saying.

The outcome is 40 which tell me something about 'Liberation' :) - will I be relieved with the outcome?

thanks

qafinaf

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Squirrele,

This response to your question made me smile. There was a time I was tutoring a fellow in English in his office. I'd sit with him during work hours and we'd smoke cigarettes as I would awkwardly try to get him to speak. One day, I consulted the I Ching about how the day's lesson would go. It said 38.1, "the horse runs away, don't chase. It will return of itself." That day in the lesson, the fellow had to tend to a few matters around the building. He took me along, introducing me to people as we went. In a sense, the horse ran away. I guess I was chasing him, but I was enjoying seeing the old building. And we eventually returned to the lesson. (No particularly "evil" people. But lots of strangers.)

38 may be saying that you are especially careful because you will be bringing "strangers" into your home. And maybe you will have trouble trusting the people who come. You may wonder, Are they thieves? They may act unpredictably like a horse that runs away. But I Ching seems to say you may be jumping to fearful judgments and suspicions. Line 6 says they sometimes seem at first grotesque but turn out to be sincere and devoted.

40 is resolving tensions through weeping or thunderstorm. It seems very relieving... Letting go of of all you've been holding on to and relaxing...

It might also be strange for the other person who is coming into your personal space. So maybe consider how to make your home tidy and welcoming and comfortable so that your students will feel relaxed and welcomed.

I hope you find great joy and success in this.

squirrele

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks aureolus, I loved your response it gave me a great sense of relief; and yes its true that I am always wary of others at the beginning - but have I ever thought of how they feel? That gave me something to think about! I am very worried at how its going to turn out, so I guess I couldn't ask for a better result than 40, and some great reassurance and advice from your reply.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).