...life can be translucent

Menu

Has the relationship run it's course?

LemonBarley

visitor
Reaction score
Hello, I have been having some doubts (again!) in my psychotherapy relationship and wondering whether it has run its course. I am feeling confused about it and asked for some guidance with the following questions:

What can i understand about my psychotherapy relationship - 8 unchanging
I do have a tendency to isolate myself and 'withdraw' and wondered if yi was talking about this?

What will happen if I seek a new counsellor? I received 44.3 - 6
I wasn't sure if Yi was answering the question I asked and wondered if this reading was talking about the difficulties in my current relationship. I found Lise's interpretation quite poignant 'But the heart can also notice immediately if anything feels wrong: listen to it.'

Please show me a picture of my situation: 37.1.3.6 to 8

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

M

mirian

Hi LemonBarley,

I don't think it has, judging by the answers to your three questions here. Briefly commenting on your readings:

Your impatience and indecision could get you into trouble, so you need to be careful.

Please show me a picture of my situation: 37.1.3.6 to 8
There seems to be a need to make it clear who is who in this relationship. Well defined roles, so you would know who is responsible for what, and the right balance between authority and freedom. Boundaries should be very clear.

LemonBarley

visitor
Reaction score
thanks for your insight Mirian.

I do have a lot of difficulty with making decisions, so that does ring true.

It was interesting that you made the link to boundaries, as I do have issues here and can find boundaries quite confusing. I also haven't felt that my Therapist is always completely respectful of my boundaries.

Thanks again.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, seconding what Marian said, the I Ching points out that sometimes we have to stand up for ourselves even if it means rocking the boat a bit -- and I'm referring to the issue of boundaries.

M

mirian

So, LemonBarley, the next question seems to be what you're going to do about it, as these issues need sorting out, don't they :bows:

LemonBarley

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, they do. I am on a week's break from therapy, but I think I will need to address these issues when I return in order to move forward. I have great difficulty seeing the situation clearly because I am so involved in it. I asked another question about the relationship and got 54.4 to 19, and from what I can understand I think this means that things will work out at the right time.

M

mirian

I think that 54.4 is about someone who wants to do the right thing, someone who doesn't jump both feet, but wait until things really feel right, make sense to the person's values and expectations. There is some sort of delay, as the person doesn't feel particularly empowered to make things happen, but things fall into place, eventually :bows:

cornucopia63

visitor
Reaction score
What can i understand about my psychotherapy relationship - 8 unchanging

Strive to seek union with your therapist. You need perseverace, stamina, and consistancy. Are you a leader? Are you able to hold a union together? Do you persevere? Are you consistent? Do you have the strength?

You have a great responsibility. Strength and consistancy is needed to be the centre of any union and hold together with others in a spirit of cooperation and support. First ask yourself if you are equal to the task of maintaining such a responsible union. Otherwise if you feel you do not have it in you or that there is no real need it only creates confusion and it is better you leave.

It is not to your advantage to do such a thing. You are faced with the temptation to go elsewhere and your indecision shows here. Hex 6 shows it will create a conflict of interests. You should stick it through where you are now or leave permanently if you feel there is no support and cooperation. It shows that if you seek a new counsellor it will be within the same group of therapists and this will create someknd of conflict.

Last edited:

cornucopia63

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, they do. I am on a week's break from therapy, but I think I will need to address these issues when I return in order to move forward. I have great difficulty seeing the situation clearly because I am so involved in it. I asked another question about the relationship and got 54.4 to 19, and from what I can understand I think this means that things will work out at the right time.

This delay is to your advantage and it will help clear up the difficulties. One day the situation will clear up. In the meantime avoid wanting what is not ready. You should not want something before it's time just because that's what you want. It also shows that you might be romantically interested in the therapist.

Hex 19 shows something wonderful is about to happen that will benefit you. The therapist really cares about your wellbeing. The feedback you receive will be good for your self-confidence and optimism. More steps remain to be taken and you need to follow a natural process. Be positive about this. You are approaching your goals.

Watch out for August or September when something misfortunate will occur. Your therapist is a superior person who is inexhaustible in his/her will to teach. A caring person. This person has no limits or barriers and is very open minded in tolerance of people. Good luck!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).