...life can be translucent

Menu

10 unchanging

sarararahh

visitor
Reaction score
I asked the Yijing if an experience I keep getting intuitive feelings about is going to happen within a year.

Am I going to experience this within a year?

Hexagram 10 unchanging.

I had a little trouble interpreting that response so I cast a clarifying hexagram

And received hex 38.1.3.5 to 44

Any insight is much appreciated

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
It's hard to tell with unchanging hexagrams, but the name of hexagram 10 is "Treading"...if the 10uc reading is really simple, maybe it just means that in a year you'll still be treading, and it won't have happened yet.

There is a whole collection of threads about unchanging hexagrams in the Exploring Divination forum. Here is the index, and here is the thread on hexagram 10. Maybe there will be something helpful in there for you.

S

sooo

Hello, Sarararahh,

May I first say, your image reminds me of the Madonna. Not the pop star but the mother of Christ, except that rather than being in the color of mystery (blue), you are the color of earth, so you might say the mother of the son of earth, which is Mother Earth herself.

I think that 10 in this case, as hinted by your second reading, indicates that you are tempting the tiger, which opposes acceptance of the path you are meant to walk, and instead are treading upon a path of hidden danger. This is something 44 would do: rather than waiting for heaven to come to you, as in 5, you are attempting to go out to meet heaven, or to coax heaven's way by treading upon this path.

But take heart, heaven has not forgotten you, nor is he deaf to your inner voice. Heaven's answer will come to you at the appointed time, thus protecting you from the tiger meanwhile, so long as you don't force the matter. Fate can not be duped, neither will heaven.

sarararahh

visitor
Reaction score
thank you Lisa, those are valuable resources and I will be sure to refer to them in the near future. <3

And thank you sooo, I appreciate your comment about my picture especially, synchronicity has a way of weaving itself in an out of those most unexpected places... incidentally, I'm an artist and the drawing I'm currently working on is based off of Michelangelo's Pietà, it was actually inspired by the event I was originally inquiring about in this particular i ching reading. So thank you very much, I take that to be a beautiful and divinely inspired omen as well as an answer, perhaps, in itself. :)

S

sooo

It is an important work as it balances the Renaissance ideals of classical beauty with naturalism.
Yes!

The image can be interpreted as your reading, as well as describing what my clumsy words tried to say.

275px-Michelangelo%27s_Pieta_5450_cropncleaned_edit.jpg

hsin

visitor
Reaction score
Sarararahh, hexagram 10 is composed of the trigrams lake within and heaven without. lake speaks of an inner joy, like a body of water attracts plants, animals and people--it's a kind of communion, in my view, an immersion in what nurtures. heaven as an outer circumstance, i think, may relate to a new undertaking or project, something creative that moves into others' lives.

sometimes when there's no changing lines, it's helpful to look at the nuclear hexagram, which in this case is hexagram 37, The Family [The Clan]. it may be that your family or, of course, your extended family, the allies you have chosen (your clan) have a part to play in the experience you are intuiting. to me, this says that you do not want to forget to rely on all your resources, all your support, and that the network you have developed may hold one of the keys to making the most of the time to come.

as Treading, hexagram 10 can be viewed as referring to ethical conduct and may contain advice about avoiding any future difficulties by maintaining the strictest personal ethics at this time, in the vein of, good endings make for good beginnings. much of the Oracle's advice, it seems to me, revolves around avoiding future misfortune by attending closely to the present moment: mindfulness, mindfulness....

all the best

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).