...life can be translucent

Menu

Children

Lodestar

visitor
Reaction score
I've just figured out some suitable questions for me to ask in relation to children. Having been in abusive relationships I never wanted to get pregnant. In some ways it feels a loss, in others a relief. I love children & they love me, I've worked with children for many years but I get so angry at the sheer multitudes of people who have children who are simply too undeveloped as individuals to nurture the child & often use the child to fill loneliness and distract from issues with their own emotions they haven't had the courage to look at. I would be a great Mom, but feel maybe I've given too much my whole life long and just need the rest of my life as 'me' time ?!?

Do I want to have children? 29.2-8
Is it part of my life purpose to have my own children? 43.1.3.4-29

(I've had a lot of trauma so I'm guessing that's where the 29's come into it) Any thoughts appreciated :bows:

Last edited:

Lodestar

visitor
Reaction score
If kids are a part of my pupose (depending on the above reading) I'd like to ask:
How can I meet a man I would love & trust enough to have children with? 64.4-4
At my current stage in my healing process, how likely am I to meet someone like this soon? 23.6-2

kafuka

visitor
Reaction score

Hello, Lodestar.
I got 64.4 a few times. To me this line suggests a struggle when one needs great amount of effort and determination in order to succeed. Also, this may take quite some time - it says: Three years go round, and there are rewards in the great city.
The line also speaks about Demon country that I think means to go deep in one's soul and do some soul-searching and learning things about oneself. I may be wrong though. Wishing you all the best.

Lodestar

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Kafuka.
I just added those questions as an after thought, I may have muddied the waters, I think the main question i want to address is regarding having my own children & and what that means to mean on my life path.. Or I'd at least like to look at that first.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Lodestar,

I think in a nut shell, Yi is telling you 'Not yet', 'You haven't completed your obstacle course yet'.

Do I want to have children? 29.2-8
Nigel Richmond, commentary:
2. When feeling awakens it awakens to the Tao, feels the difficulties that we still have to pass through. Feeling the Tao, the way through, will hasten the experience but feeling for escape will delay us.
Small matters are those to which we are not attaching importance; what seems to be important here is to change our circumstances, but to change our circumstances when we are unaware is dangerous.

I imagine Yi saying: "Maybe you do, maybe you don't. For starters, get yourself together (8), unite all the shattered pieces of yourself, get a grip then we'll talk about it. Also, you have other seemingly unimportant things to do."

You should have stopped with the questioning here already, but by continuing You just receive the same answer basically.

Is it part of my life purpose to have my own children? 43.1.3.4-29
Ok ok, as you wish, I'll clarify here:
1. The first sign of inner movement is not the time to make cuter action. We should not be too eager or we shall not have the support of the life force and whatever we do will be superficial and unsatisfactory.

3. Here we are not peaceful enough to withstand the anticipation of the tao and we create outer activity which will divert the life flow.
There is this power of self-will which is misfortunate in this context because no amount of it can be effective and it produces stress with no flow for its relief.

4. Here we are involving our identity in outer inactivity, which is to say we are worried about it and consider it a problem to be solved; this is an impatience for activity and is not supported by the life force.

And again a reference to the 29 - obstacle course.

Same here:
How can I meet a man I would love & trust enough to have children with? 64.4 → 4(Immaturity|Foolishness)
The common name of the hexagram 64 is "before completion".
4. When a change is happening in our identifying pattern our old motivations turn up all sorts of new activities to keep themselves in being; these are the stumbling blocks to change.

Not yet silly, just do what you do, go through the change first.

4. We have to continue through the change (three years symbolically ia a cycle of change) contin*ually preventing old and habitual ways from keeping their footholds. Before completion means that we are on our way in a process of change and to complete the transition we must persist.

At my current stage in my healing process, how likely am I to meet someone like this soon? 23.6-2
23: Splitting. No objective is favourable.

6. To see whole we nave to leave what we were doing, our identifications, however incomplete they seem to be; this ripe fruit could be eaten but we leave it. Wide-seeing superior man is carried in this, and allowing ourselves to be carried in our circumstances we find that there is more order in our lives, not less; if we do not grasp at life our inner needs take care of themselves. The inferior or narrow reality of chosen Identifications has no place to be after this realization, he is not needed.

Hex 2 says - just be, 23.6 says - forget your plans, just flow with the life force.

Lodestar

visitor
Reaction score
This is an amazing reply. Thank you so very very much.

'Forget your plans just flow with the life force'

this sums everything up for me & amazingly is exactly what I'm focusing on in my life right now (but I still need to let my analytical mind on a rampage every couple of days!) - I find it hard to let go & most challenging of all, not to be planning, to trust the process..to be sure I am in a process and not just zoning out..

'Allowing ourselves to be carried by circumstance we find there is more order in our lives not less'

Beautiful!!!
:bows:

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).