...life can be translucent

Menu

Absolutism and signs...

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday I was driving with my family in Delaware, close to Wilmington, when I noticed the tag of the car in front of me. It was a new series of Delaware tags, six digits long, no hyphens. The striking synchronicity, in my Yi oriented mind, is that the number was all 0's and 1's and yielded the following: 110101

h38.gif

Aha! -I said to myself- there you have it! For the past few... what?, months? years?, I've been struggling, in my forum participation, here and elsewhere, with what I perceive as absolutisms in others' opinions. My own point of view is that you cannot find anything more open-ended than the Yi. On the other hand, this is a statement that perhaps can be twisted, only twisted, as an absolutism itself. Therefore, whenever I read: "the Yi is this", "the Yi is that", "you can't use the Yi for this or that", "you must formulate your questions like this", "you cannot accomplish this or that with the Yi", and so on, I start gritting my teeth and the only possible way for me to deal with it is to either smile and ignore or smile and make fun of it. The alternative would be to take positions and add my own absolutisms to the fray, which I decided early on is not worth the energy and effort.

I've been chewing on that paradox for quite a while and I was as I was driving. Those kind of thoughts have a tendency to chase me and are slow to die of exhaustion... Help was on the way, though. The hexagram that popped right in front of my car made me realize that Homo Sapiens are, and will for ever be, contentious creatures and there is nothing this specimen can do that is going to change that on a grand scale. On a personal level, though, I can find some peace.

L

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
The problem is maybe that we all feel somewhere inside, when we close our eyes, that we are kings and queens. Great kings and queens.
Our power is limitless, our empire stretches beyond any conceivable horizon, our mind is all knowing, the cosmos is our body and the stars are the jewels in our crown.
I am the One that was, is and forever shall be. I am the Only One. I AM.

And that is true, and in itself no problem at all.
But when we open our eyes it turns out that we live on a tiny billiard ball in a remote corner of a long forgotten galaxy with 6 billion or so other Only Ones, not even counting all the cats, ants, spiders, viruses and so on.

And then we appear to have a problem ...

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
The universe is the dream of a Clown
When the monks get the Joke there is no end to their laughter
This is called Clown realization
clown.gif

C

candid

I do know this much:
that an ounce of compassion is worth more than a thousand corrections,
that a kind word heals more than does pop psychology,
that truthfulness is more valuable than words of wisdom,
and that life is too short not to love.

J

jeanystar

and that laughter is Light-ness, maybe even the clowning glory.

thanks guys. you make me giggle

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Count me in, in the clowning! (but whoever's been paying attention knows that already...)
biggrin.gif

Actually, humor may be the only way to swallow lots of posts... lol

<CENTER>
3247.gif
</CENTER>

L

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Martin, the address, man!, where is the address?!?!
biggrin.gif

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Oops!! Please, don't tell me it is at Chris' site.... I'll be damned for eternity... LOL

Luis

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
Sorry Luis, He's off line for the next eternity. Seems there was some kind of error ...

3253.gif

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
ROFL!

spin.gif

I think Martin (in his first post on this beautiful page) is talking about the gap between hexagrams 61 and 62. Perhaps you experience Inner Truth in meditation - and then you find your leg goes dead when you sit cross-legged for that long, these days.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).