...life can be translucent

Menu

the problem with 24.1

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
The problem with 24.1 is that you don't know right off whether the thing you're enquiring about is where you belong after having strayed a very short distance, or whether it's the straying itself (from which you return to where you're supposed to be).

Again and again I find that the Yi doesn't so much tell you what's what as give you a useful 'lens' to look through when you're considering things. It's like you ask: "What about this?" and the Yi says: "Well, I'm not going to answer your question directly, but look at it through this lens."

L

lightofreason

dobro said:
The problem with 24.1 is that you don't know right off whether the thing you're enquiring about is where you belong after having strayed a very short distance, or whether it's the straying itself (from which you return to where you're supposed to be).

Again and again I find that the Yi doesn't so much tell you what's what as give you a useful 'lens' to look through when you're considering things. It's like you ask: "What about this?" and the Yi says: "Well, I'm not going to answer your question directly, but look at it through this lens."

Depends what methods you use - random/miraculous can do that ;-)

the 24-ness of 24, and so its beginning or what it keeps coming back to, is described by analogy to 02 - the realm of potentials, of receptive mindedness to take in 'whatever' as part of a beginning.

The infrastructure is described by analogy to the generic characteristics of 23 - with ITS focus on pruning, returning to the basics, the pure, after a time of getting carried away with the faith/belief and so lots of chaff. (and so in turn the generic qualities of 24 describe the infrastructure of 23 being about 'returning' as manifest in the clear qualities of 23 re pruning etc)

So--- if the infrastructure of 24 is 23, what does THAT tell you about 24? ;-)

...and then there are another 63 associations that make up the spectrum of 24 and so aid in fleshing it out, way way beyond the 'traditional' material.

Here is another one for you - if 24 describes an instability the we XOR it with 63 to give us the stabilising, 'correct' focus, and 24 XOR 63 =

--------
001010 = 39 (to go against the flow, to stand up against things,or to go with the flow and so bypass - context will decide which but the bias is to self-restraint out of which comes control)

... and another: Where does 24 get its source of nourishment, what keeps it going, sustains the infrastructure etc? XOR 24 with 48 (the well, setting down a source of nourishment as a foundation). This gives us

--------
111010 = 05 - focus on opportunism, waiting for thr 'right' moment to jump into the flow of things (and so a sense of 'beginning')

etc etc etc (summary of full spectrum listed in:

http://members.iimetro.com.au/~lofting/myweb/lofting/x000001.html - see section on line positions )

From the traditional line change comments (IC+ interpretation) we have:

Line 1
" One returns after travelling a short distance down a different path (imbalance,darkness). We learn from our mistakes."

This is interpretable as covering a dodecagram of 100000-000000

Here the text suggests the issue of surrendering the only yang line to yin where yin associates with its 'darkness' property as the yang line at bottom can represent the return of 'light'. (as 44, with its focus on persuation/seduction can be interpreted as the return of 'darkness' - being drawn to the 'dark side', but that can be fun ;-))

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Both good points, Dobro.
I've never been a fan of straight prediction - it can't be reconciled with choice.

One thing about being on a path is you really need to leave it on occasion,
to step off to the side to relieve yourself. It's just rude to not do that :eek:
Plus you might get to take in some sights you'd otherwise miss. So whether
you're about to digress or return here may not really matter. I think the main
message here is that it's not a big deal.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
You've gone and offered me another lens to look at this question through lol.

Just like the Yi, you. Tsk. lol

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
dobro said:
You've gone and offered me another lens to look at this question through lol.

yyouJust like the Yi, you. Tsk. lol

Hey, Dobro, you realize that 24.1 does NOT have a problem with you, right? :D

L

seethis

visitor
Reaction score
The short distance in 24.1 is, in a way, the reverse of the #44.1 where one is adviced to stop and control to get drawn into the destructive towards a desired object (a small pig can grow large, etc kind of stuff). The opposite of this pair, is to actively control the addictive behaviour returning, but with a much better chance to succeed. However, both are dealing with the same kind of thing, management of desire but from different ends. In a way 24.1 is the strong man who controls those temptations in a souverain manner at the very early point while 44.1 shows a weak individual struggling with his independence. I guess to translate this into action advise every asking individual needs to bear this basically in mind, also acknowledging that it is about process and development and not events in an otherwise static universe.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).