...life can be translucent

Menu

42-> 9

clarissa

visitor
Reaction score
If you asked a yes/no question and received this answer...would you interpret it as a yes or a no?

void

visitor
Reaction score
I don't know, how could anyone say if they don't know the question ?

R

rosada

I say "YES" because the Universe always says, "YES" - unless you ask permission. If you have to ask permission the answer is always "NO".

clarissa

visitor
Reaction score
Why would you need to know the question?

It was a question phrased as "What about x happening when y?". I interpreted it as a yes...but it was a no. X did not happen...when y.

J

jesed

Hi Clarissa

Just in case the comment could be useful

If I'm not having a "translation problem" with my poor English, there is a subbtle diference between "what about x happening when y?" and "would x happen when y?" or "prospect that x happen when y".

In the way I can understand... asking "what about X happen?" points not to know if x will happen, but to know what is the qualification of Wisdom (or God, or wathever you call it) about that issue.

So, if I am understanding well, 42=> 9 is something like: "even if you cann't see it now, you will be beneficiated if X don't happen"

Related hexagram 9 is the context of that qualification: clouds but no rain (x won't happen)...
Primary hexagram 42 is the qualification of that context: even if x won't happen is unfortunated (line 3) actualy that will benefit you (line 2 and 3)

(I am aware that you could think that I arrive to this conclusion beacuse I already know the outgoing that x didn't happen... I won't fight that idea... but maybe you could find interesting to keep watching if you got some unexpectative benefit beacuse x didn't happen)

Best wishes

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
I think that Void is right, we don't have enough information to interpret this answer.
But my guess would be: it's a yes if you do something to make it a "yes", otherwise it's a no.So it depends on what you do.

clarissa

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Jesed,

You said...

"Related hexagram 9 is the context of that qualification: clouds but no rain (x won't happen)..."

I considered this. I think it revolves around how one interprets the relating hexagram. Is it the immediate context...or the future? If it related to the future..then yes, I agree with you, 9 is a definite 'No'. At the time I interpreted it as the present and immediate context.

"Primary hexagram 42 is the qualification of that context: even if x won't happen is unfortunated (line 3) actualy that will benefit you (line 2 and 3)"

Well, what's interesting about line 3 is that something unforunate DID happen...and the fan yao seemed to be right on target as well. There was indeed a family flare up. That left me REALLY wondering about line 2...which seems so positive.

Hi Martin...

There wasn't anything I could really do in this situation. It was either something that was going to happen..or not. I don't know. I think this is going to be one of those readings that's only going to make sense after in hindsight.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).