...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 33.1.3.4.5 to 27 should i go and meet him tonight

nas101

visitor
Reaction score
Hexagram 31.1.3.4.5 to 24 should i go and meet him tonight

Hi could someone help me interpret the above hexagrams...

I asked if i should go and meet this guy tonight... i have not seen him for about 5 weeks. I still have feelings for him and was not sure if it was the best idea to see him. We have been very on and off for sometime now.

On one hand i would really like to as we get on extremely well, but on the other hand i'm not sure if i should since he is very "i don't want a relationship". I asked to meet him for a drink, which he agreed and said he wants to see me.

I don't think that was the best idea and now thinking i don't want to go and then upset myself.

I'm sure if he were to want a relationship as i do with him, then he would have done something about it by now. I think he just wants to be friends, which since i have feelings, I know I can't do.

I really want to see him as i miss talking to him.

I just don't know whether i should meet him so asked the i ching if meeting him will help or not. I still like him a lot and want him to suddenly decide he really misses me etc.

If anyone could help i'd be really gratefull.

Last edited:

nas101

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks, but i wrote a line down wrong! should be 31.1.3.4.5 to 24....

still go for it??????

kumarsahab

visitor
Reaction score
nas101.

Very "obvious" reading. With one wrinkle.

I always use Huang's method for 4 moving lines with fantasic results each and every time (consult only the top non-moving line). In your case this would mean 31.6

I called the reading "obvious" because your primary hexagram is 31 - "Mutual Influence" / "wooing" / "attraction" et al. This one usually speaks of marriage and relationships etc. So that sets the basic underpinnings of the circumstances being discussed here.
Then we come to line 6. This is not as optimistic. Its about "superficial talk". Its about "sweet nothings" in this case but nothing more than that. Basically I think it could mean that nothing would really come out of this.

But by all means go. Have a great time too. I just think that nothing much will come out of it.

Enjoy

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The question was asked in 2008.

ctty commented on it for some reason yesterday, bumping it to the top of the pile, then people think it's current and answer it LOL

So as the question was asked 6 years ago I reckon the querant made their mind up by now

looking as nas101's profile they were last here in 2008.

Whether s/he did go out on that March night in 2008 we may never know

This happens often...people make random comments on ancient threads then others think it's a current one. I'm not sure why people make comments on threads from 2008 with the situation long gone ?

Last edited:

meganj

visitor
Reaction score
Trojan: I think any response to a thread is good, because some people like myself use past reading similar to this to compare. The more information and contributions to readings we get the more our library of hexagrams and lines (along with advice) contains.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I've got no problem with anyone answering old posts if they want to....it's just that night out that nas101 asked about was in March 2008 , almost 6 years ago, so it's a tad of a waste of effort for folks to come along and give readings now to Nas101....so I alert them and future responders that the intial querant has long gone.

Anyway the person who bumped up the thread has been banned so it clearly wasn't a genuine bump or something.

Of course if anyone wants to give readings about a night out in March 2008 I have no objection whatsoever, as you say it's all good for the archives.....but I think they may prefer to focus on more current issues.

Also many readings are not so useful to the archives because a lot of people post questions here, get answers but never return to tell us what happened, and sometimes unfortunately never even acknowledge responses at all.

It doesn't look like nas101 is going to return since they have not been here since 2008 so I doubt we will ever find out what happened on that March night in 2008, but you never know......

meganj

visitor
Reaction score
My point was many people go back to old posts to see different points of views of the same lines and hexagrams... There were many times where I have looked up certain lines and found many responses that were similar or the same to my question.
Like for hexagram 1 I have no idea wtf that hexagram means and I am thankful when I can find anything to read up on it.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
...Anyway the person who bumped up the thread has been banned…
No, no, no ban, just deleted the post as it was having a go at another member and not adding anything.

And yes, good to point out that bumped threads are bumped before people spend lots of time and effort trying to help. Easy to miss the age of the original.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Oops cross posts with Hilary, this post was in answer to Megan's last post.

Yes but I am seeing it from the point of view of the responder who takes time to consider a person's problem and then how the reading answers it. Do you know how long this can take and how much care may go into it ? I don't think people do until they themselves start answering on SR on a regular basis.

So I pointed out that the post was from 2008 so that other kind people would not spend half an hour or so answering nas101 when nas101 is never going to see it and if he does it's 6 years too late.

I'm quite well aware of how useful archived threads are. Everyone looks up old threads for information....do you think I don't know that :confused: infact why do you think I often try to get people such as yourself to update threads with the outcome. There's a number of times you haven't either responded or updated threads you started and yet you want to use the archives for your own readings. :confused: The forum isn't just a place for you to get help, it's meant to be a two way thing.

If you want to be helpful respond to and update your future threads with an outcome. That would be useful . Thankyou !

That wasn't intended to be inflammatory....but Hilary can delete if she thinks it is, I won't mind.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).