...life can be translucent

Menu

What is 62.5 saying with regards to achievement?

spica

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, I asked the i ching will I continue to get disappointing results or can things turn for the better to be what I would like?
I set a few goals regarding my grades and the recent one has been disappointing.

It answered 62.5 --31

62 does describe the situation - perhaps i missed the big picture because i put effort in a way that wasn't required.

I just wanted to know if this will continue?
What does everyone interpret for this hexagram?
Thank you :)

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
As you see the previous disappointing results were in large part due to your putting your attention on details that weren't considered important, I see 62.5 as suggesting you connect with someone who has taken this course from this teacher in the past and who thus knows what this teacher considers important, who might be willing to tutor you.

Perhaps the teacher could recommend such a person.

spica

visitor
Reaction score
Rosada, that is spot on, thanks.
Its awesome also that the hexagrams answered me directly
The reason I got lower grades for my paper was due to my focus on different area than was expected.
I wonder if the hexagram mentioned that it will continue for other subjects, because this paper is over.

Thanks Rosada.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
You are very welcome.

As your key question was not "Why did this happen?" but "Will this continue to happen?" I think the I Ching is giving you advice for preventing it's recurrence. That is, "To insure you do not focus on different areas than expected in the future, seeking imput from one who has taken this path before you would be a good 31. Influence."

I don't think it is predicting that this tendency to focus on different areas than expected will continue, but still it is giving you advice on how to be sure that it does not.

spica

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks, that was good advice.
Now I'm wondering where to "catch hold" of a previous student and if they're willing to divulge their secrets :)

Tony_L

visitor
Reaction score
I asked the i ching will I continue to get disappointing results or can things turn for the better to be what I would like?
I set a few goals regarding my grades and the recent one has been disappointing.
It answered 62.5 --31
62 does describe the situation - perhaps i missed the big picture because i put effort in a way that wasn't required.
I just wanted to know if this will continue? ...

It seems that you combined two separate questions into one: A) Will I continue to get disappointing results? and B) Can things turn to be what I would like? This makes it a little difficult to interpret the response, but your final question does seem to be "will this (the disappointment) continue?"

If that is the question, the Yi answered with 62.5 > 31.
62 has to do with doing small things to excess. 62.5 says that the clouds come in but don't produce rain, so maybe you have been doing small or non-relevant things excessively so that your clouds don't produce the rains your teachers are expecting from you. In other words, cut back on the excessive focus on non-essentials and get to the task at hand. Learn to focus on what is important. The prince is able to hit the target, so as others have commented, it would be helpful to locate the prince and get some shooting lessons.

31 (conjoining) brings together things that have been separated but really belong together. The image is of putting together the pieces of broken pottery to make it whole again. Perhaps applying this image to your studies would give some direction.

You might also ask another question such as, "What can I do to turn things for the better in my studies?" and see what the Yi advises.

Best wishes,

Tony

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).