...life can be translucent

Menu

Jug of wine? 29 line 5

zeldiac

visitor
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a small investment property. It's at the right price etc. I asked the Yi for a general diagnosis on buying. I received primary 29 with changing line 5, relating 45.

What am I to understand by a jug of wine and a bowl of rice? any ideas on this one anybody?

Regards
Zelda

zeldiac

visitor
Reaction score
My mistake - I meant to put line 4. Changing line 4 not 5. Sorry for the confusion!

Zelda

lagunader

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Zelda

this reading addresses your state of mind at the time of the question,it does not give you advice pertaining to the investment,if you read it over with this in mind in may clarify itself.
Regards.

J

jesed

Hi Zelda

If you got 29.4, the relating hex is not 45 but 47.

The way I see it: the operation could be risky (general sense of 29) altough if you sincerly think its an oportunity it could be succesful (judgment of 29). Now, you have just little time to buy so don't hesitate neither stop by formalities (line 4 of 29); if you lose time, the oportunity will be lost soon (47).

By the way: line four, in calendaric time, goes from december 23, 2005 to february 16, 2006

Best wishes

lagunader

visitor
Reaction score
Jesed,glad you caught the change to 47, your take on this now makes a lot of sense. Zelda,I would hesitate to invest with 29 and 47, but still ,this reading is possibly a reflection of your fears and sense of risk..I think it may be worth while to rephrase the question, should you do that,let us know what it says.

R

rosada

I sometimes get insight into the meaning of the hexagrams by restating the judgement and the image (wilhelm) as one sentance. Just tack "Because" onto the frount of The Judgement, and "Therefore" onto the frount of the image. Thus with 29 we have,
"BECAUSE if you are sincere you have success in your heart and whatever you do succeeds,
THEREFORE the superior man walks in lasting virtue and carries on the business of teaching."
I would then translate this to something with a bit more flow such as,
"Because to be successful you only need follow your heart,
Therefore, a wise person follows their heart, and makes their heart's desires easy for others to follow."
Line 4 seems to reinforce this basic thought again by saying to be successful the plan should be very clear and simple, as obvious as a plan to get a bowl passed out a window.
Thus I would say the IChing is advising you to see if your business plan can be simply and clearly stated. If you attempt to do this you will either find that it makes good sence and will be successful, or you will find where you need some help. 47 is about being exhausted and needing help.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Whatever the imagery means (and it could refer to a couple of things - some form of nutrition, or perhaps some form of obligation taken on - the valuation for 29.4 is 'without fault'.

zeldiac

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you all for your very useful opinions and interpretations. Generally my mind is clearer about the reading following what you all say.

Let me explain.

If I buy the property, it could give me the opportunity to make a healthy profit for myself. Once it's updated etc. which is purely cosmetic not structural.

But there is also another motive behind my thinking I should buy. And with hindsight, by asking the question as a general diagnosis, I might have confused the issue.

Making a good profit once I had bought, improved and sold the property would allow me to have a decent pot of cash. I want to give some of it to a close relative of mine. She could really do with some money. I've always been good with money and done the best I could with it. She has fought against years of ill health and has lived on limited income. I'd like to help her as well as me is really the foundation of the question.

Perhaps I should rethink and ask again?

But all your interpretations make good sense. Thanks also for pointing out the potential time frame. As things are, I've already put wheels in motion to get real facts, figures and surveys as I think I need to be prompt.

Best wishes
Zelda

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Whatever your considerations here (and you've elaborated them nicely), the basic evaluation is still: In the end, this is without fault. In other words, the project is good to go. I drew this line myself today, so it's fresh for me. I'd say the meaning is along the lines of: "Simple sustenance, obligations clearly seen and admitted, and in the end without fault."

So, you're talking about making a profit here, and the Yi is talking about 'simple sustenance'. This suggests that the project (the house buying) will sustain you simply. And the 'obligations clearly seen and admitted' sound like the legal ramifications and fiscal responsibility that you're aware of. And when the Yi says 'in the end', that fits with a long-term project too. Everything fits. As for giving some of the perceived profit to a close relative, that fits in with the first line of the hex - that 'simple sustenance' which is involved in the situation could be sustenance given, as well as received.

Okay, now here is the disclaimer. This line is in the context of Hex 29, which is about how to navigate your way through danger and risk. It's my opinion that this line isn't warning you off the project, but saying something like: in the context of dangerous situations, this one is okay, in that it offers sustenance, clear obligations and is without fault in the end. It's a balanced situation, as I see it. I'm not saying you should buy the house; I'm saying that this is how I read this line as I understand the situation you've described here.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Small adjustment to what I said. I said: "The project is good to go." I'd like to change that to: "You're without fault or blame in proceeding with this project."

R

rosada

I think it's interesting to note how 29, this hexagram about navigating your way through danger and risk, is followed by 30, which seems to involve ego clashes between Gods = as if to say the act of following one's path will strengthen you so that you'll be this rising Sun but then of course you'll be surrounded with other egos of similar conciousness and the attending problems of taking turns, leading to 31 and the lessons in how to be charming. So perhaps the point is 29 is not to be feared but recognized as a sort of Wilderness Camp that you emerge from with greatly increased self-confidence.

void

visitor
Reaction score
29 as "as a sort of Wilderness camp" I like that.

Phew I see another book on the horizon, after 'Living within walking distance'
biggrin.gif

zeldiac

visitor
Reaction score
What clever people you all are. I see what you are saying and the sense in your interpretations. I will let you know how my possible purchase develops. I relate to the wilderness camp theory. That is how I see it, 'should I jump or should I hover?' Same thing really
happy.gif

Zelda

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
"'should I jump or should I hover?' Same thing really"

Huh? Hold on! Don't take any major decisions at this point! Anybody who sees jumping and hovering as the same thing isn't in a fit state to decide anything rational. Trust me.

Unless of course, you're joking.

zeldiac

visitor
Reaction score
I was joking! Hence the smiley face. 'He who hovers is lost'...
lol.gif

Zelda

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).