...life can be translucent

Menu

Concern for a friend

elkoholik

visitor
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm not exactly new to IC, been consulting IC for years. I'm much better at reading the lines now then like 3 years ago, but there is still so so so so so much to learn. But I'm very ashamed to say that when it comes to multiple lines, I'm still extremely hopeless and was wondering if any of you can help me with 2 castings I did?

I have been to Clarity's Learning page where it did list down quite a few pointers to how exactly to interpret multiple lines, but.... I'm afraid I'm not too bright. :confused:

Well, I'm actually back to my hometown for a couple of weeks, having been away for an entire year. Naturally, I would want to meet up with a very close friend of mine. Afterall, we haven't seen each other for an entire year and there's tons I wanna share with him. But, strangely, he seems to be having great difficulties meeting up. Even to the extent that I get a hint of reluctance. Which is strange, coz we've been friends for 10 over years, that's not like him. Even while overseas, we were very chatty via MSN.

So the 1st reading I did:
Why is he having such a hard time meeting up with me now?
An: 19.1.2.4.5 → 45
(O great, 4 changing lines. :duh:)

And after some thought, I was guessing he might be having difficulties at home coz in our 10 years of friendship, he has shared quite abit of unhappy stories with me. So I asked.
What are the family dynamics within his house now?
An: 28.2.3.4.5.6 → 23
(5 changing lines... :brickwall:)

Heeelllllppppp!!!

I'm so lost now. Coz, as old friends, I do want to be able to help if there is a problem. But... Seems like IC is trying to tell me what the problem is but I just ain't good enough at interpreting IC's advice yet.

If someone can also share with me some personal experience in reading multiple changing lines, I would be very grateful as well.

Arigato!

Last edited:

gene

visitor
Reaction score
I suspect something happened overseas. But as to the reading...

There are various ways to read multiple lines. And they can all be interesting. I try to get an intuitive look at the overall dynamics, and in the this particular case, I looked at the two unchanging lines. They are both yin of course, and therefore by the law of correspondence, they do not relate, but at least they are of like kind. So there is a correspondence of sorts.

The key in line three I think, is this... that the text says, "he is concerned that he may relax..." and a careless attitude sets in. There is some position, I think, that he has att ained that makes it difficult for him to be able to be at ease with other people who do not know his circumstance. And the sixth line has an element of this same concept in the sense, that... "he has left the world behind him." Whatever has happened has left him in a position that he cannot easily relate to old friends and acquaintances. He is in a sense, now in a different world.

You might be able to take it from here and make more out of it.

Gene

elkoholik

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Gene,

Thank you for the insight but can you please elaborate a little more as to which hexagrams are you interpreting? :bows:

elkoholik

visitor
Reaction score
Anyone has any other thoughts about those massive numbers of changing lines I've got???

D

diamanda

Lots of lines show lots of activity, and/or things happening in fast succession.
Sounds like there are too many people involved, a group of people, and lots of
meetings. This may or may not be related to the situation at his house, which
is also not good at all. In any case it doesn't sound as if your friend has issues
with you - it all sounds unrelated to you. He seems to be in the midst of too
much turmoil and chaos at the moment.

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Elko

I am looking at the first reading with hexagram 19.

Gene

elkoholik

visitor
Reaction score
Hello diamanda and gene,

Thank you both for your thoughts and insights. Unfortunately coz I'm a newbie, I'll need a little time to digest and mull over.Tho I do feel that diamanda hit the nail with loads of ppl, loads of activities going on all at once. Coz it seems as tho my friend is being snowed down by either work appointments or family appointments.

I met him yesterday, and he seemed like his same old cheerful self. Didn't really press him to talk more about his family and I would probably do another reading a couple of days later into the situation if I feel the need.

But once again, thanks diamanda and gene! :D

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).