...life can be translucent

Menu

Latest forum news

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi all,

The forum transfer will almost certainly take place this weekend. I will be away, so Ewald will be taking care of everything. (He probably would've been anyway.)

At some stage over the weekend you may find...
<ul>[*]the forum as is but with posting disabled <LI>a 'news' page explaining the transfer is in progress <LI>the new forum[/list]

If you're registered as a Friend, you'll also be getting an email with your username and new password (the passwords can't be transferred) and a link to login, change your password and admire the shiny new forum.

It'll look a bit funny in places - it has great big clunky buttons I want to replace, and Ewald is protesting that the new colour scheme is too purple. But it'll work - and it'll be searchable, and email notification will be back.

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Admiring you! This must be a huge work, and don't forget the stress.
I wish you all the best, loads of luck and a calm clear mind

LiSe

willow

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, may all proceed with peace and clarity.

Hilary, there is a chance I may not get the e-mail with a new password, as I think the address I had when I signed up is an old one.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Not to worry - there will be a 'join' link on the front page of the new forum.

Thanks for the good wishes,
H

(not here, really - leaving it all to Ewald)

E

ewald

Starting the conversion of the new forum now.
This will probably take a few hours.

Ewald

ewald

visitor
Reaction score
Okay - The new forum is online now.
If you run into any problems - please let Hilary or me know.

Enjoy!

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi
Just seeing if I can post in this lovely new forum :)

Kevin

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Still testing

ewald said:
Okay - The new forum is online now.
If you run into any problems - please let Hilary or me know.

Enjoy!
This is a superb setup - but i need an envy icon and I need it now!

:D

--Kevin

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry about the assorted password messups. I've sent a support ticket to Amember (whose software is running the login side of things) and should get something helpful from them tomorrow.

BTW - I just paid Ewald for completing the conversion, bless his socks, and the password messup is part of a system he hasn't been working on. So I would be the one to complain to now. Not that I'll be around much for a while - we haven't altogether decided, but I'll probably be staying near/with Mum for another week or so. (She'll need me to stay on for a while when they let her out of hospital.)

Um. Sorry, this isn't much help. But I will do my best to fix things.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
FWIW, I think I'm getting the knack of manually mending any accounts that have been munged by the move (all apart from my own, apparently...). So drop me an email if you have trouble.

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yuo certainly are - I got an email notification Yipee :)

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
General notice :)

If you are trying to log in with your password for the old board, it won't work.
An email was sent out to all members with your new password. If you'd deleted your email address from your profile on the old board, that obviously put a spanner in the works. It also makes it tricky for the software to email you a new password.

So instead - please email me with your username, and I'll track down your account, add the email address, and send you your password.

If Ellen who contacted me via the site's 'comments' form about login problems is reading this - you need to send me your email address so I can get back to you. There are four 'Ellen's registered to the forum, and I don't know which - if any - of these is you.

I don't have it all sussed yet, though. For some reason, it suddenly shut me out, protesting that my password was 13297 days old. Interesting.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Look - linked usernames!

bounce.gif

Vbulletin support fixed this for me. Hooray! This may well have fixed some other weird behaviour, too. (I am asking Amember about how to get 'remember me' to work.)

Keep emailing me if you have trouble, and thanks for your patience!

willow

visitor
Reaction score
hilary said:
General notice :)
I don't have it all sussed yet, though. For some reason, it suddenly shut me out, protesting that my password was 13297 days old. Interesting.

Well, it does think you've been a member since Jan 1970, which I suppose would make you the Inventor of the Internet! Or at least a bit of a prodigy.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, I joined the forum when I was about minus 2 years old. It shows dedication, don't you think? Not to mention some prodigious divinatory talent.

(I may manage to get the dates corrected - either back to what they should be, or at all events set globally to 28th May.)

willow

visitor
Reaction score
Indeed! If you have to set them all to May 28th, maybe you could change the term from "Senior Member" to "Charter Member" or something like that.

willow

visitor
Reaction score
Oh, but now I see that apparently it has something to do with post count not arrival date. Hmmm... how about Blowviator, Windbag and Grasshopper...

ewald

visitor
Reaction score
If you were used to accessing the hexagram index from a bookmark, you may have found that it doesn't work right. That's because the old webpage is still there, but the new hexagram search is now here: http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/hexsearch.php.
It is available from the link at the left from the new forum.

We'll do something about the old page during the weekend. Also the link from the Search page to the hexagram index is at this moment to the old page.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).