...life can be translucent

Menu

What is your experience with Hex 1 & 2 without the moving line?

tuckchang

visitor
Reaction score

I was told by a local diviner: no matter what question it is; Hex 1 without the moving line signifies ‘to wait with the timing’ and Hex 2 without the moving line, ‘a mirage, i.e. it is not possible to come true’. His argumentation is that nothing will happen since Hex 1 and 2 haven’t mate yet.

What is your experience?

Best regards
Tuck :bows:

M

meng

Wow, it's nothing like this. I haven't noticed anything different about receiving 1 or 2 unchanging any more or less than others. But maybe I should pay closer attention to this. Philosophically it makes sense.

amalia

visitor
Reaction score
Unusual

Actually, such perspective of your local diviner seems to me unusual. I do believe the interpretation of every hex. depends mostly on who you are and what was the issue you asked about; but, to report my own experience, I received hex. 1 (no changing line) only once in my life, and it was when I won my first literary competition and had my first publication. So to me hex. 1 means mainly "complete success - something you would never dream about!". But, as I said, this is my interpretation!

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Recently I've been mulling over the meaning of line 1.1, "Hidden dragon. Do not act." I'm speculating that as it is the first line of The Creative it could be a comment on the necessity of creating the physical form, the material world.

Anyway, I wonder if possibly 1.1 could be translated to mean "Hidden - body-less - dragon CAN NOT act"?

Rosada

amalia

visitor
Reaction score
Brilliant!

...So, if I guess right, in line 1 of hex 1 the "hidden" (bodyless) dragon is the consultant himself, and not an uncertain hidden danger you must be warned of. I find it truly persuading. My compliments, Rosada!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

I was told by a local diviner: no matter what question it is; Hex 1 without the moving line signifies ‘to wait with the timing’ and Hex 2 without the moving line, ‘a mirage, i.e. it is not possible to come true’. His argumentation is that nothing will happen since Hex 1 and 2 haven’t mate yet.

What is your experience?

Best regards

For me hex 1 and 2 unchanging have alot in common as in both seem to indicate much is possible but certainly not that anything will manifest unless you actually work with the raw material to produce something/ make something happen. I guess to a degree i agree with your diviner. Hex 1 the creative potential is there for you to work with through your aligning your creativity and inspiration with the greater flow of inspiration, the source., the primal creative urge (oops language problem) and hex 2 unchanging things are very much as they would appear, things are laid out ready like an open book..an empty fertile field, anything could grow..but what to grow sounds like a need for hex 1 to come do some fertilising :mischief: so in that sense i see what he means by "..nothing can happen as they haven't mate yet".

My personal experience is that hex 1 unchanging means thin air for me.(thin air teeming with dragons but still thin air)..but i can see in Amelies example something tangible resulted since she was able to align with the dragon !

Last edited:

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Tuckchang

I can see where the diviner is coming from. Hexagram one relates to time and hexagram two relates to space. But no. These are archetypes. And they are replenished with meaning beyond anything that can be written. They haven"t mated yet? Yes and no. They are separate, and yet in truth, there is no separation. The only separation is in our dualistic state of mind. Since we are dualistic minded, the changes come into being. When we heal the separation in our minds, the illusion of separation and not having mated ends. They are two equal and complementary forces from which all of existence comes, and yet they are not separate, it is only one energy. And there is no existence. It is simply an illusion. There is only the mind of God, or the Tao. Nothing else exists, nothing at all, and that cannot be separate.

Gene

tuckchang

visitor
Reaction score
I thank you all for advice.

Hi Tuckchang

I can see where the diviner is coming from. Hexagram one relates to time and hexagram two relates to space. But no. These are archetypes. And they are replenished with meaning beyond anything that can be written. They haven"t mated yet? Yes and no. They are separate, and yet in truth, there is no separation. The only separation is in our dualistic state of mind. Since we are dualistic minded, the changes come into being. When we heal the separation in our minds, the illusion of separation and not having mated ends. They are two equal and complementary forces from which all of existence comes, and yet they are not separate, it is only one energy. And there is no existence. It is simply an illusion. There is only the mind of God, or the Tao. Nothing else exists, nothing at all, and that cannot be separate.

Gene

Dear Gene, I fully agree with you.

According to the dualistic diagram, Yang indeed contains Yin, and Yin contains Yang as well. While one is increasing (or decreasing), the other will be decreasing (or increasing).
Hex 1 is pure Yang, however the last line (using 9) is changing to Yin, and the last line (using 6) of Hex 2, a pure Yin, is also changing to Yang at the end.

However, may I say:
Hex 1 unchanged: time, is lack of Yin, so one must wait with timing.
Hex 2 unchanged: space, won’t bring about any result since the text advises that it had better go to the southeast where the trigram Kun is located, signifying one must experience failure at this space, and then, after it realizes that it should follow Yang, the northwest direction where the trigram Gen, a Yang trigram, is located, Hex 3 is created, like the commentary on the hexagram text saying: friendship will be lost in the northeast, but there is a celebration at last.

I personally regard Hex 1 unchanged as a good sign, and once I had Hex 1 unchanged for a long-time wish, an opportunity did come shortly by itself, and I grabbed it and took an aggressive action; it seemingly progressed smoothly but I failed at last. It is pity that I didn’t make a second trial, or I should watch more closely at what the commentary on the image says: one should exert oneself strongly and untiringly.

Best regards

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Tuck thanks for starting this, great thread!

I have never had hex 1 manifesting like you mentioned, I have had it though to mean that one is on their own, or pointing to a man arriving on scene, or that the time to act is NOW . .

2, I think has had a much more varied meaning for me . . it has meant a very clear YES (like someone is nodding positively), but also, as mentioned, an empty field . . more recently I see it as advice in being aware . . perhaps 2 is knowing the signs while 1 is acting them out?

Recently I've been mulling over the meaning of line 1.1, "Hidden dragon. Do not act." I'm speculating that as it is the first line of The Creative it could be a comment on the necessity of creating the physical form, the material world.

Anyway, I wonder if possibly 1.1 could be translated to mean "Hidden - body-less - dragon CAN NOT act"?

Rosada

Rosada I was also thinking about that . . for me 1.1 looks like it's saying 'there's a hidden dragon in everything but it's no one's to direct' . . in a way, 'because you know it's there it doesn't mean that you can act upon it on your own sheer will -time has to agree' . .
would love to read others' takes on it though . .

Last edited:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Yesterday I wanted to sign a petition for a cause I agree with but my signature would not have been counted because I am from out of state and hence cannot vote here. I thought this was a good example of 1.1 Bodyless dragon cannot act, wanting to create but not being able to because you don't have a voice.
r.

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for explaining the body-less dragon idea Rosada!

SMF2004

visitor
Reaction score
I got a reading this morning where 1 changed to 2, which is the first time that I got a reading with all the 6 lines changed.
In my experience, 1 unchanging is success, it is that moment where everything is possible, while 2 unchanged is to be receptive and follow a leader, do not lead.
When I got this reading, I took it as very positive if and only if I do not take the lead, if I let things happen in their own time.
In the past, I've read that 1 is related to the sun, while 2 is related to dragons, which according to a Chinese friend is the symbol of rain. So I took it like the right amount of sun and rain mix together to create life, a perfect combination and extremely successful for a potential blooming.
Would you agree?

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
This special condition is mentioned in Wilhelm's book:

There appears a flight of dragons without heads. Good fortune.

When all the lines are nines, it means that the whole hexagram is in motion and changes into the hexagram K'un, THE RECEPTIVE, whose character is devotion. The strength of the Creative and the mildness of the Receptive unite. Strength is indicated by the flight of dragons, mildness by the fact that their heads are hidden. This means that mildness in action joined to strength of decision brings good fortune.

Yes I do agree with your thoughts.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Hex 1, line 1 says to 'do nothing' about the issue. (Yet)
Hidden dragon, heir apparent, not legitimate to do this yet, time not right, fledgling dragon not strong enough, you really want to act but to do so now leads to problems (44)

But overall Hex 1 unchanging overall says to 'do something'.
Active Active. Make it happen, vigorous energy, flying dragon ,lead the way.

2 Unchanging says dont take the lead, follow, serve, accept, nurture, tolerate.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
An experience of 1 unchanging:

I'm leaving out details for anonymity.
Several years ago I was told by a third party that someone did something. The thing was not illegal, but was Wrong and, If true, would negatively effect several peoples lives in the future.
I considered telling one person who the act would effect,
But I declined for a variety of reasons: not my business, there are volatile personalities involved, I could trigger some serious results, the person I wanted to help could very well have an extreme reaction (killing the messenger) ..etc. so, I dropped the matter. Every now and then, it would come back to me and I would dismiss it.
But recently, I realized that if I said nothing now, later on I would be put in position I did not look forward to: having to pretend like I didn't know anything about it.
I asked Yi what I should do with the knowledge and received hexagram 1 unchanging, which I took as "Do Something! Active Active!, say something." I was very distressed by the answer, because I could not visualize a good outcome by doing so.

So I asked a second question while distressed, "And HOW exactly is this NOT dangerous??"
I received 48.6 which I took as saying because there will be much support from the person I told.

I went to the person I wanted to advise.
In a state of almost panic and disbelief at myself (thinking, I can't believe I'm doing this, this is dangerous and crazy, run away fool) I shared the knowledge I was given.
And to my astonishment, that person who on most occassions would have exploded in rage leaned forward, warmly touched my hand and calmly said,
"Thank you for telling me, you did the right thing, yes that is a problem but I already have a solution in place."

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).