...life can be translucent

Menu

28.2.4.5 to 15 - about jealousy

irpa1

visitor
Reaction score
Hello!

I had a little question about something I really want to fix and it is my jealousy that jumps from inside me when I see two people I really like (he and she) :) treating each other too well... and I feel unattended, among other things.

I asked "what is the best I can do about my jealousy?" and received 28.2.4.5 / 15.

I really would like your views on this, because at the moment I am not sure if what I am reading is what the I Ching is saying... as I am too involved in my feelings...

Thanks a lot!!!!
Lil.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think possibly most jealousy stems from lack of self worth and unmet needs and its interesting 15 came up as the relating hexagram here because someone called Yoana here http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/riends/showthread.php?t=9082 had 15 about a recent question relating to her sense of self. Seems 15 has much to do with, or often relates our sense of self esteem, self value, self perception and so on.

When you say "i am too involved in my feelings" i think that is precisely what the 28 is showing. You've gone off at a tangent here somewhere, become acutely aware of others happiness together, losing your balance a bit. 28.4 shows you won't actually lose your balance, its just rather precarious right now and you need to get back to the understanding that you as you are in your authentic self is always good enough, or rather being in touch with your real needs and motivations, no pretences etc will help the jealousy because rather than envying the cream cake others are eating you are more focused on actually deciding whether you want a cream cake at all ! Or a nice healthy apple.

Actually if i feel jealous of something someone has i then try to imagine myself actually having it. Immediately i spontaneously realise all kinds of reasons i don't actually want to be in their shoes and would much rather be me.., maybe you could try an imaginative exersize where you are her or him and see how it feels

I get the notion of lopsidesness here with the 28. maybe take your attention away from them back to yourself and your needs. hex 15 means its good to be really genuine and authentic in expressing our needs then they can be met because others can see what we need.

In short have a good honest looks at your needs and express them

I think theres alot more to be said about the reading, especially the lines..but i don't have the stamina today so my take is very impressionistic. Hopefully others will have more to add

Last edited:

irpa1

visitor
Reaction score
Wow, Trojan... what you are saying is so good for me to hear....!!!! And when you say "if i feel jealous of something someone has i then try to imagine myself actually having it"... you are so right!

Thank you so much!

irpa1

visitor
Reaction score
There is one more question I wanted to do about this. I thing I understood the previous answer. Now, my main worry is what to do while I am consolidating my self-worth. I asked: what should I DO while I am experiencing my jealousy? What's the best action I can take to preserve well being?

I received 15.1.4, changing to 55.

What I wanted to know was if I find a good excuse to try to leave quietly the room, dive my head into my computer like an ostrich and ignore what is going on around me... My goal is to protect myself while I become stronger.

What if I leave the room when I see something that makes me jealous? 25.1.3 to 33
What if I stay? 23.1.3 to 36

It seems to me that my best action would be leaving quietly to have a break..., am I right?

Any help? :(

Thank you again for your valuable insight.

Lil.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).