...life can be translucent

Menu

62.5 to 31 - on current attitude

libelula

visitor
Reaction score
Hello forum,

Would you please help me with this reading? Working on improving a relationship, I wanted to know about my performance on this... :)

I asked: where is my current attitude towards him taking our relationship? and I received 62.5 to 31.

Before I search for more advice on to what to do, I wanted to fully understand this response, cause I'm not sure if I am leading to the right direction or I should review my current attitude.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Libelula

lloyd

(deceased)
Reaction score
just a footnote

I asked: where is my current attitude towards him taking our relationship?
Footnote: A lady comes to a shrink and the shrink feels that her relationship is over when she says: “There is something wrong with my relationship with John”.
He writes that the relationship would probably be alive if she had said: “I love John, but why can I not reach him ..?”
He explains that in the first case the woman has removed herself from the actual emotional happening, by abstracting John and herself as “the relationship”.
In the second example she IS (represents) the relationship; alive in her emotions.
My hint is, you could have asked something like: Am I doing well with x?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello forum,

Would you please help me with this reading? Working on improving a relationship, I wanted to know about my performance on this... :)

I asked: where is my current attitude towards him taking our relationship? and I received 62.5 to 31.

Before I search for more advice on to what to do, I wanted to fully understand this response, cause I'm not sure if I am leading to the right direction or I should review my current attitude.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Libelula

is this the same relationship you asked about here http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=9081 and here http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=9142

if it is then I think more answers on the same topic will only get you confused

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
If you search the archives, Jesed posted some interesting thoughts on 62.5 which might apply to your question (I'm sorry I don't know how to cut and paste to be able to bring his post over here.) He writes that the king - in this case you - is a lonely ruler who is trying to convince someone - your friend - to come out of his [emotional] cave, and is only having moderate success.
rosada

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
I understand that line 62.5 is like H9 in that there are "dense clouds and no rain."

The Thomas McCleary translation says that the fifth line shoots another in a cave means that the fifth line "catches" or "shoots" that other yin line, the second line. Some commentators think of the various lines as having these sorts of interactions.

The fifth line is referred to as the ruler, being in that position. But both lines are yin, therefore weak and lacking in true strength. Therefore, they can't get anywhere or accomplish anything together. They are like dense clouds unable to produce rain.

I am also wondering, along with Trojan, if this is the same relationship to which you got a 7.1.3 > 11 before?

If that is so, then 7.3 indicates that "corpses" are being carted, and these are probably your own defects and flaws and faults -- like old bad habits. And we all have old bad habits of course so it's the usual state of affairs. Could be that some of your own flaws are getting in the way, and if I were you, I'd ask Yi to clarify what those might be. Sometimes a person can be her own worst enemy. You know what I mean?

libelula

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you all for your responses. Yes, it is the same relationship that I have been asked before. My question this time came because I was looking precisely about what is what I am doing. I started to feel that it is something in my own perspective what was creating a wall between us. maybe I formulated the question in a confused manner.

Yesterday we had a conversation about that because we had a tense situation reaching its point. The main problem has been lack of communication. From my part, my own believe of not being appreciated made me enter to a cave (the only way I could find to preserve myself from further suffering... although it didn't work). After the talk, it was clear that each of us misunderstood the attitude of the other one. Both of us are dealing with our demons... Old habits, fears from previous situations,... everything that has been said o my readings. It's funny that when one is in the middle of the situation, things are not as clear and a reading, even though it's clear, is still invisible to one eyes. I believe that we have gone a step further yesterday by letting the other know it. We ended up embracing each other saying that relating people is difficult.

Oh well... it is right at this moment that I can see how my own mechanisms works. The point is that I am inexorably drawn to him and I am learning on how to deal with this situation. I am no saying that I want something specific with him, because I don't know really what I want. I am just drawn to him so strongly.

Because of my need of advice on this, and without having a specific question, I asked the I Ching to tell me what it wanted to tell me about us and the response was 27.4.6 to 51. 51 is an hexagram that has been coming up a lot when I asked things related to him.

Well, this relationship is certainly nourishing me in a sense that I am developing my own self so much with every situation. Also, I could see that, as he is now my boss, 27.6 could be talking about him...

Would you please tell me what you think of this reading? I deeply appreciate your help. If you have any advice as well for helping me formulate questions that could help me going on...

Thank you lloyd, I loved your post and made me reflect about my attitude a lot. Trojan, you're so right. Rosada, you too. And I was wondering if the ruler and the other were all inside me. Ginnie, I know what you mean, right on the spot.

Thanks a lot again!
Libelula

lloyd

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi libelula
Thanx for responding, because I knew I'd made a bit of wild shot in relating the shrink anecdote ...
Meanwhile, don't look for love in I Ching, you'd create a wall between you and him. In that sense there is a double warning in what trojan wrote.
Love is found through culture and a few good Millie Jackson songs may do the trick. If you like deeper things than pop lyrics, try this, or check the links below.
Enjoy:)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).