...life can be translucent

Menu

55.5.6 to 13 - Letter from Professor

herrmyte

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just got this reading and I sort of have two opposing views. I am applying to medical school and have requested a letter of recommendation from my graduate advisor. Every return communication I have received in regard to the request has been positive if not somewhat enthusiastic. But I have not received the letter. Two deadlines have passed that I have emailed him about and the last one is coming 12/31. The last 3 emails I have sent have passed unanswered. He does tend to keep himself quite busy though.

So in regard to this situation I asked the I Ching:

Please show me an image of Dr. X's intention to write me a letter? 55.5.6 -> 13

55.5 and the relating hexagram 13 sound good but I am worried about 55.6. I have been worried if my tone in subsequent e-mails was off-putting or non-productive. I cannot contact him by phone and another email seems out of the question. One submitted application is in jeopardy of not going through because his letter is missing past the deadline and Im wondering if I should go ahead and commit to his letter appearing for the remaining ones. Actually getting it and submitting it could be very beneficial since he is MD,Phd and a professor at a prominent medical school. Thanks very much for your help -- Best, Herrmyte :brickwall:

lucia

visitor
Reaction score
HIya

That's a tough position to be in - waiting on the letter of recommendation I feel for you.

And the lines appear to give you the image you asked for no? It's sort of busy hexes at first glance.

55.5 suggests you are on the right track bringing into the light something that will change the order of things, something new and creative

but then 55.6 sees him too wrapped inside his own affairs to notice anyone else

against the backdrop of 13 - the fellowship of the academy maybe?

Do you have a plan B ? I think if I was you I would ask another question along the lines of what would be the best way to deal with this situation.

It is good to have a high flying referee there is no doubt it but then they are often the one's who are over stretched. I think I would send him one more heartfelt email while simultaneously looking for someone else. Does he have a secretary? Could you win him/her over to help you get to the "man"? But that's just my opinion.

Good luck
Lucia

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Lines are coming....he intends to write a few lines, but...

His house is in a state of abundance...
For three years he sees nothing.
Sounds like he's way over committed and not getting around to doing anything.

Fellowship with Men in the open.
Success.
IT FURTHERS ONE TO CROSS THE GREAT WATER.
The perseverance of the superior man furthers.

Perhaps this is refering to there being others who could give you a recommendation? Or perhaps it is encouraging you to go and speak with your advisor directly . Certainly "It furthers one to cross the great water" gives permission to keep trying.

Is there any possibility your emails haven't reached him?
Best wishes,
Rosada

herrmyte

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your replies Lucia and Rosada. I do already have 3 other letters in the bag so to speak and this meets the minimum so Im not completely dependent on him - but he could add some weight. He is not easy to catch on a good day and since its the holidays a face-to-face meeting is not possible. Also, he doesnt have a secretary just voicemail I would guess that he doesnt check very often. But Im sure he gets maybe hundreds of email a day and mine just get skipped, skimmed or ignored/backburnered.

Rosada, when you write 'but...' do you mean hes just not getting around to it or that he doesnt plan to write with much effort or support? But 55.6 showing him as overcommitted, caught up in his affairs hits it on the head. Hes a great guy though.

Lucia, I took your advice and asked the I Ching:

Respectfully, what is the best way to deal with the situation with Dr. X? 42.2 -> 61

Im not sure what this could mean.. keep working diligently on my essays and maybe he'll come through. Write the heartfelt email in the hope he will receive it this time? Well, I plan to do both but do you see some other suggestion here? Thanks very much -- Herrmyte

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Ten Tortoises

Respectfully, what is the best way to deal with the situation with Dr. X? 42.2 -> 61
This is a very positive oracle indicating only the best results. It is not the position of a beggar or an arrogant person, but instead a king.

I would not leave him another voice mail or email, but if you can't find him in person, then a personal handwritten note on his office or residence door, explaining how his letter would greatly enhance your position. Not as a beggar, but because you know he will wish to do this for you.

Tiger

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).