...life can be translucent

Menu

Re: Meeting 5.1.3>29

petrella

visitor
Reaction score
Re: Meeting 5.1.3>29

Hello everyone,

I've been invited by a fellow student from university for an "innocent" coffee and I asked the I Ching about how the meeting should go, as I've accepted.

I'm genuinely not interested (the man doth protest too much) in beginning a relationship with her, but she is pretty forward. I'm recently (2 years) divorced from a long marriage and I don't want to get into a new relationship right now. She is in a long-term relationship herself of 10 years. There is an a 15 year age discrepancy, which isn't really a problem, but I'm trying to avoid triangles, since my wife left me suddenly for someone else and, well, it's easier to be with someone who is single! By the way, I've asked the I Ching about other such meetings with other women with triangular aspects before answering them, and they've given me ominous readings. This time, I asked after I'd already accepted.

Anyhow, I asked the oracle and got 5.1.3> 29. What I like about the I Ching is that I get the most serious replies to fairly innocuous questions because, of course, they aren't really innocuous. In fact, I take it that the hexagrams are giving a warning about possible enmeshments that are not auspicious (5.3). I know that 29, from reading other threads, is not necessarily to be interpreted so much negatively as just danger. But, after a long preamble, how does one approach such a reading? Do I not meet her for coffee? That seems ridiculous. And yet, do we want to fall into the Abysmal?

I've known her for 4 years and we've hung out on occasion and, though she is really attractive, I feel some trepidation. I don't know if any of you mix astrology and the I Ching ( a new syncretism!), but, for those who may, we have a great composite chart (which is the union of two natal charts to make one mind-blowing entity). So I'm tempted too!

In the end, I take it that I should just be mindful that this meeting could lead me down a path where I need to protect myself, as Wilhelm has it, "against attacks from without and against turmoil within." And then chill out.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for considering this rambling query!

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Coffee and Mud

I've been invited by a fellow student from university for an "innocent" coffee and I asked the I Ching about how the meeting should go, as I've accepted.

I asked the oracle and got 5.1.3> 29. .. But how does one approach such a reading? Do I not meet her for coffee? That seems ridiculous. And yet, do we want to fall into the Abysmal?
Hexagram 5 is about eating and drinking while waiting; sounds appropriate. ;) It may be that you are already in the Abyss, if your wife has left you, and that is your current position, or relation to the question. So you are waiting for you need, and you might as well have coffee while you wait.

Is this person what you are waiting for? Probably not; you are hesitant and there are no signs in the reading. So keep the meetings in public places for now (Line 1) and don't get stuck anywhere and get bogged down with this relationship; relationships can be a bit like mud when they aren't working. (Line 3). Stay on solid ground.

Sounds like lots of coffee and no need to get entangled in the "mud" of a relationship.

Tiger

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).