...life can be translucent

Menu

17.3 > 49 and health

viola

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Friends. I recently consulted Yi and don't feel confident enought to trust my own interpretation. Your input would be greatly appreciated!!!

I recently went to a new doctor regarding a health issue that I'm trying to investigate (no clue yet as to what the problem is). She started with reviewing old test results... I got really woried again and asked a question: "What is the state of my health (as it relates to that issue)?" I got 17.3 changing to 49.

Thank you so much for your interpretation.

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Viola
This sounds like it is something that has been getting you down for quite some time and your latest actions are taking you to the right places to be able to deal with it. Trust that you are now moving in the right direction and try not to let old worries raise their unwanted heads. These are old tapes that you do not want to be listening to.

Be gentle with yourself, and be yourself, listen to good advice that comes to you and take it on board. You are not who you used to be. Take time out to work through the things that you need to and to put things into the places they need to now rest.

Be Well

Mike

viola

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, Mike!! Looking at your interpretation and what I have read, the following comes to mind:

(H17.3) The new doctor is the "strong man" (meaning wise person). The little boy is my naive believe that things will sort themselves out on their own. I guess as you said this is "the right direction".

But how does the 49 "The Revolution" fits in?

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
But how does the 49 "The Revolution" fits in?
Hi Viola
You'll be the only one who can see how the revolution fits for you.
Mike

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Status of Health Issue

I recently went to a new doctor regarding a health issue... I got really woried again and asked a question: "What is the state of my health (as it relates to that issue)?" I got 17.3 changing to 49.
Yi can't answer directly about the state of your health, so it might be talking about the state of your health as related to your own mental processes and worries.

So H17, Following? What are you following? That is the first question I would ask? Some things people follow:

(1) A guru
(2) Whatever all their friends are doing (drinking, smoking, casual sex, going to concerts, etc)
(3) Whatever a doctor says
(4) Whatever is the opposite of what Mommy and Daddy said to do. Mom wanted me to be a lawyer, so I hate lawyers.

Line 3 suggests that you may be/already are/should be following the adult and abandoning the child. Are you following something you shouldn't, and it is affecting your health?

Here are the WikiWing's thoughts about the transition from H17.3 to H49.

17 zhi Hexagram 49, Following’s Revolution. 49 ‘puts away the old’, and this line puts away childish things... following 49 means binding to the adult - so 49 says something about the nature of the adult, responsible for creating change.

What change comes into your mind when you read this, and are you going with it, or fighting it? Is the change going to make a major difference in your life? Could your fear or anticipation of it affect your health?

Best Wishes,

Tiger

M

meng

interp: This is about a new doctor who is following a regular or seasonal protocol, looking for something which may have been previously overlooked. Give up some control and follow, let her do her job. "Through following one finds what one seeks. It furthers one to remain persevering."

viola

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you so much. You insights were very helpful! :)

Giving up control is indeed hard for me but I'm going to let go and follow my doc's lead. 49 Revolution looked a bit scary but 17.3 states "Through following one finds what one seeks." so hopefully it won't be too bad. Maybe 49 that ‘puts away the old’ just means that I will finally get to the bottom of my health issue.

I have to do some tests again and asked "What if I do the tests (what would be the outcome):

Received
7.4 > 40 and
34.1.2.5 > 31

Sorry to keep asking.. The tests I have done in the past showed that all was OK but they were also somewhat inconclusive. Does it seem like I will get somewhere this time?

M

meng

Goodness, that's hard to say specifically what the outcome will be, not that I blame for tryin', lol.

It's not a long reach to associate germs with 7, and retreating army could refer to an immunity concern. Since line 4 is a peaceful line, I'd imagine there to be no conflict. It could also relate to a treatable infection, assuming the army that's retreating is of the harmful type. 40 lets you breath freely. So I'm seeing this test resulting in good news, whether or not something is found.

No idea what that second test is either, but assuming it's speaking to your question rather than to your tenacity :mischief:, it may have to do with your muscular system, or possibly again your immune system. Buuut, I'm kinda thinkin' it's advising to not get too wrapped up in worrying over it, and embracing the opportunity to find out more about what's going on.

viola

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, Meng:)

I know that Yi may not be the most specific diagnostic tool, haha:) Your answer about 7.4 and hexagram 40 makes me feel better, though. My first take was also that no additional procedures would be needed.

Initially, I tried to figure out 7.4 on my own and asked again about the same test to get a clearer picture. That's when I got 34.1.2.5 > 31, which I think means that I'm anxious to take care of the problem line 1 and 2, but that again there will be no reason to follow up (line 5).

I should know soon enough. I will let you know if these assumptions were correct.

Thanks again, Everyone!!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).