...life can be translucent

Menu

55:1,2,3 to 40

edge

visitor
Reaction score
Hi there,
I've posted before about my relationship, which has some pretty difficult complications but is still good and developing. Because of circumstances (distance, illness, family commitments) we manage to spend very little time together right now, although the will is there on both sides for this to change over time.
I'm really aware that my partner is trying his best to make time for me in very difficult circumstances but I often feel like I can't speak to him about how stressful it feels for me sometimes. I don't want to waste the time we have and also feel that you can only deal with so many challenges at once. If I'm honest I'm also frightened of making things more difficult than they are and that he might decide its too overwhelming (something that has happened before). Unfortunately this leaves me feeling quite isolated and also feeling that I don't have the full picture of what is going on, as he tries to be cheerful and not talk about difficult stuff too sometimes.
I asked "what if I talk to him about how I'm feeling, and what he's really dealing with?"
I received 55:1,2,3 to 40.
With three moving lines which seem either contradictory or developing from auspicious to more and more difficult I'm unsure of how to interpret this. It seems to be saying that honesty and sincerity is the best way to go but not to make a big deal out of the conversation, to maybe discuss as it comes up naturally. I also get the impression that he might find the conversation difficult but that this doesn't indicate its a bad idea. If I see 40 as the context to my question, this seems to imply that things will be made better, that tension and difficulty will be relieved by talking things through, that the hardship cannot last for ever. I'm not at all sure that I have this right though, its an intuitive response to what I'm reading...
I'd really appreciate any thoughts you have on this...I've looked at Blofeld, Huang, and Lise so far but a wider interpretation would be great!
Thanks in advance,
E
p.s. I also asked a few days ago, "what do I need to know about the relationship right now" and got 23 unchanging. I didn't interpret this as 'we are splitting up' as in fact we are getting closer right now, but we are divided by distance and circumstance, and lots of old stuff is 'splitting or peeling off' right now for him in terms of massive changes in different parts of his life. What I took from it is there is nothing I can do to impact this process right now. Anyway, might help as a bit more context... :)

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I asked "what if I talk to him about how I'm feeling, and what he's really dealing with?"
I received 55:1,2,3 to 40.

To me this suggests that you need to talk, and he will listen, line 55.1 but the main problem are his other commitments which are making you feel uneasy, line 55.2 but if you love him then you need to believe in him as he seems that he is between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Then Hex 40 come along and suggests that the pressure will slowly reduce given time.

edge

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks WF, that fits with my intuition too,
E

edge

visitor
Reaction score
Bit of feedback, I talked (actually at his insistence), he listened, and even though all the practical problems haven't changed, it all feels much better and easier to deal with and we feel closer as a result. Thanks again WF,
E

M

maremaria

Bit of feedback, I talked (actually at his insistence), he listened, and even though all the practical problems haven't changed, it all feels much better and easier to deal with and we feel closer as a result. Thanks again WF,
E

I had a similar experience with you and talking about it in an open way with the other person was what needed to be done. I know the feeling you describe and I am happy for you.

I think another reading , in the past , encourage you to talk with him, if i recall correct.

Hope everything goes well for both of you

edge

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Maria! its definitely a learning experience, in a really good way and I'm finding these occasional readings I'm doing about the relationship do seem to point in the same direction which is reassuring.
I really appreciate your kind thoughts :)

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Too Much

Adding a few thoughts . . . as I've gotten these lines, too, quite frequently.

The text says don't be sad. Be like the sun at noon. That is really counter-intuitive, because don't we usually have a feeling of being almost exhausted when we cast H55 due to circumstances that are overwhelming -- too much of something?

I have the feeling that line 1 moving in H55 sometimes signifies advice from Yi to seek out and speak with someone who we would consider 'a prince of equal rank' --and ask that person for their advice or feedback. Get another perspective on your relationship.

It's funny how at the height of abundance, everything can get so obscure . . . Maybe you know someone who could shed some light on the issues for you, Edge?

edge

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Ginnie,
Actually I did what I usually do in these circumstances and called my mum!!! She always gives brilliant advice and is quite a calming influence...so yes, it did help and today I'm much more like the sun at noon, helped along by a beautiful spring day and the sun shining! :)
Thanks for your thoughts,
E

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
I did what I usually do in these circumstances and called my mum!!! She always gives brilliant advice

Great! You have also given me an idea! I think I'll call my Mom, too -- because she's so insightful sometimes . . .

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).