...life can be translucent

Menu

Do I have a good chance of getting a job at X company?

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Do I have a good chance of getting a job at X company?

I received Hexagram 50.5 changing into Hexagram 44.

From what I have read, Hexagram 50.5 is about preserving and 44 says coming to meet and something about woman power. I am very confused. Does did mean some woman may cause some trouble for me?

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
50.5 is auspicious for an undertaking. 44 doesnt always mean a troublesome woman..it could also mean a challenge, a time when you could meet your match professionally, risky but positive for productivity and mutual creation.

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
well, that clears my misunderstanding for Hexagram 44. I really didn't see how Hexagram 44 pertained to this situation but that does make sense.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Hexagram 44 as the relating hexagram probably just means going to meet them, as when you go out on an interview.

Are you applying for a creative position of some kind? Hexagram 50 is often connected with creative pursuits and also spiritual matters. Literally it is The Cauldron, and that means cooking up your resources into something nourishing for all, not just for yourself.

There are meanings with hexagram 50 of selflessness and generosity -- maybe more in keeping with volunteer work or making a contribution of a higher kind.

Also, we often get hexagram 50 when we're really worried about something and keep stirring it around in our mind. You are advised to delegate some of your workload and to surround yourself with positive people and supportive friends. I think you might need a better image of what you are setting out to do at this point in your life ...

How does that fit in with the job you're thinking about?

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Uh, this job has nothing to do with volunteer work. It's more of a analytical job position. There is definitely no volunteer work involved here or selfless goals.

On the other hand, I was thinking about applying to graduate school for Philosophy because I wanted to teach. Even though that is more of what I want to do it is impractical because i will have get my MA in philosophy then my Ph.D in Phil and still the chances of getting a job as a philosophy professor are very low and difficult.

Therefore, I just wanted to work first and see how things go...

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
I have seen people with Ph.D.s in philosophy applying for jobs as typists. Life can present us with so many galling or perplexing limitations ...

Sometimes the combination 50.5 > 44 (and also 44.5 > 50) has to do with toning down the brilliance of our intelligence so as not to outshine other people, thus causing them to feel inferior. I think the reading probably is advice to you to take a humble and very respectful, receptive approach when you go to meet those people.

By the way, have you asked the I Ching about applying to be a graduate student in the field of philosophy?

tifa

visitor
Reaction score
The recruiters definitely think that you are highly capable for the position.
However, there is a warning in the changing line, which I totally agree with Ginnie's take about line 5 on 44 and 50.

I have encountered many interviews where recruiters prefer to hire the "less brilliant" and with the most value in return - "loyalty". Having said that, this interpretation may not be valid if the company is well-known for its high turn-over rate.

Please keep us posted on the outcome. Thanks!

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Change and transformation -- that's what hex 50 is all about. This can lead to worry. But many people have said here at onlineclarity that line 5 moving is very solid, a very good line, very productive of good results.

Remember to come back and let us know what happens !!!

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
thank you everyone for your helpful input. I will definitely keep you guys posted. I have asked the I-ching about graduate school in Phil, but that' s a different post.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).