...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 65

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
Just a little daydream that occured to me...

If we could add another hex onto the i ching, what would it be about, and what would the lines be?

Just for kicks :D

Yx

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
I think if hex 65 showed up you'd already be dead. Honestly, as the archives show, everything can and has been attributed to the 64 hexes, virtual reality = 16 (or maybe 44 too).. umm counting the freckles on the back of your hand, hex 5

So I'm serious when I say it would be for when you are dead, or transcended to another reality because even technologies or reactions to new situations yet to come in this reality can be categorised and summarised and realised within the existing 64.

Now I've read before that there are 64 of them because it correlates to age and life cycles, but why are there 64 and not 65?

Last edited:

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
yeah the yi is totally complete without adding anything on, and yes, as has been shown, it doesnt matter what era your in for the hexes to make sense... I like your idea that there might be a parallel i ching somewhere for the next phase of conciousness, completely unknowable in this reality.

I was wondering the same thing about that. why 64? it must do with the original ba gua right? but why only so many ba gua?

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
There are many references to hexagram 65 in the archive. Unfortunately the contents of the delightful thread "Amazing discovery: 65th hexagram!!!!!" is now lost. Some other references:

http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=2103
There is another recent book that uses the I Ching as a vague background for the plot. It is called "The angle quickest for flight" by Steven Kotler (a writer-at-large for GQ Magazine). It is also a thriller and quite good at that, at least for me. In it, one of the characters, who is almost obsessed with the Yi, is on a personal quest to find the elusive "65th Hexagram".

http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=7169

http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=241&page=42

Reaction score
Hexagram 65 - Expansion

The noble one push the envelope and expands the fabric of the universe.
Supreme success.

...Couldn't think of an image :rofl:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Hexagram 65 - Expansion

The noble one push the envelope and expands the fabric of the universe.
Supreme success.

...Couldn't think of an image :rofl:

Ah, but why stop with 65? Infinite dimensions of hexagrams are before us like the higher order dimensions of mathematics :)

Reaction score
Hexagram 66 - Receptive Expansion

The noble one can handle the expansion.
No explosion, good fortune.

The "new" hexagrams could be like a clock flipping over, or a cycle re starting, just with more complexity and dimension. :D
So 66 could be like hex 2. Only more complex........ :eek:

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
haha! i forgot i posted this @D GRREAT ideas!

Yx

amanofthenorth

visitor
Reaction score
I have been following stunning synchroncities which led me to the Yi Ching a couple of months ago. On a trip to a spring in Northern Wisconsin on the day Venus blocked part of the sun I witnessed a brief vision in the clouds. On that day we photographed much.

Last saturday I taught a woman how to use the stalks and she cast her first hexagram 64 changing to 4- this morning I was rushing through those photos of that day...and saw for some reason that vision day that I had taken a photo of a fire box number.....and randomly stopped on that photo the number stood oout to me .... 64465. Somehow there will be a 65- so this was a great thread to find....

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
randomly stopped on that photo the number stood oout to me .... 64465. Somehow there will be a 65- so this was a great thread to find....

64 4 65: It is foolish to think the Yijing isn't complete.

or

You're not ready for 65. haha

But seriously, I think about this often. Is 64 a number where the structure seemed complete, as in, did they run out of ideas, or is 64 really essential to the entire balance of the system?

An old friend co-created The Faeries' Oracle togther with famed illustrator, Brian Froud. Anyone who knows me me knows I'm not exactly the spirit guide, crystals and faeries kinda guy. But after Jessica assisted with a couple of readings with me, I couldn't deny the same kind of profound personal connection, and accuracy in its philosophical way of dealing matters inquired. She made this all up in her mind, and it's 100% accurate, just as the Yi is, though with an entirely different cast; the casts both represent archetypes, which can and have been expressed countless times in countless ways. Yi is but one way that leads to the Way.

amanofthenorth

visitor
Reaction score
I thought about this a bit. My much wife has read about a "shifting" of the poles which will be followed by darkness and then a transformation... 64 4 65. anyway thank you for your comments..on the 65 which is not and but "one way that leads to the way". Just was rather shocking to see those numbers on a day of my first visions.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).