...life can be translucent

Menu

how to search through Exploring Divination?

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Greetings:bows:
I hope this is a right place to ask is there a way to search through the posts here by key words or something similar - I have the vague notion it was possible to do so in the past?
Also, is there a shortcut for getting on here http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/hexsearch.php ?
Thanx, sorry if this is misplaced :p

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
is there a way to search through the posts here by key words

Go to the forum home by clicking on the blue Exploring Divination at the top of this page. In the deep blue bar at the top of the home page you'll find Search this Forum.

Reaction score
My understanding is that if you are surfing anywhere around the site, within the perimeters of the 'Talk' tab (the forum), almost always you will be able to see the 'Search' link in the deep blue that Tom has pointed out. Top right.

Once you click 'Search' there are three options:

Search Forum allows you to search by Key Words and change many options (search entire post, search title). From this you can also narrow your search to a specific section of the forum (e.g. Exploring Divination). There are also many other filters to play with from this tab.
Hexagram Index enables you to search by Hexagrams/Lines. I think it pulls from anything that has been tagged.

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, now I see...it makes the difference if one is logged in or not...I often read without logging in, so naturally...

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
My understanding is that if you are surfing anywhere around the site, within the perimeters of the 'Talk' tab (the forum), almost always you will be able to see the 'Search' link in the deep blue that Tom has pointed out. Top right.

Once you click 'Search' there are three options:

Search Forum allows you to search by Key Words and change many options (search entire post, search title). From this you can also narrow your search to a specific section of the forum (e.g. Exploring Divination). There are also many other filters to play with from this tab.
Hexagram Index enables you to search by Hexagrams/Lines. I think it pulls from anything that has been tagged.

Theres a problem because for example I know theres been a recent thread in exploring divination on hex 2 unchanging. probably the best thread there has ever been on it...but its nowhere to be found by using the hex index . surely it should come up....

I've got no patience whatsoever with the search function....its insane ! Whatever I put in it gives me something totally unrelated so I give up...its always driven me nuts.....

I think there is a problem that Exploring Divination threads with alot of info on what we are looking for don't show up on the hexagram index.

There have recently been long threads on unchanging hexagrams....but you won't find them in the hexagram index anywhere....well unless you go to page 7....but no one is going to wade through till page 7 ....or 77

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Abella started the experiences of unchanging hex threads...maybe they should be a sticky otherwise they get lost amongst all the shredded debris of SR which is a pity

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
No....not that .they were all threads started by Abella....on experiences of unchanging hexes ....so I would have to find it by looking under all posts by Abella. She got up to hex 7 I think...maybe 8

this is why these threads on unchanging hexagrams need to be stickies so people can add to them when they want....like with Rosadas memorising threads

Last edited:

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
its Arabella, Trojan. Maybe that's why you had trouble finding it because you were looking for Abella?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
its Arabella, Trojan. Maybe that's why you had trouble finding it because you were looking for Abella?

I know its Arabella I call her Abella here for short. :rolleyes:

What I was saying was there is a fault with the hex index in that it doesn't show Exploring Divination threads....without showing 1000 SR threads first.... nothing to do with Arabellas name...which doesn't come into a hex index search.

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Right..perhaps we should be able to search by the hexes and lines and put them in the title always...at first, I thought its a must..well, at least, could there be such an option perhaps? In this section, that is...
And sticky, most definitively, grouping on the same theme helps.

Last edited:

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Theres a problem because for example I know theres been a recent thread in exploring divination on hex 2 unchanging. probably the best thread there has ever been on it...but its nowhere to be found by using the hex index . surely it should come up....

I've got no patience whatsoever with the search function....its insane ! Whatever I put in it gives me something totally unrelated so I give up...its always driven me nuts.....

I think there is a problem that Exploring Divination threads with alot of info on what we are looking for don't show up on the hexagram index.

There have recently been long threads on unchanging hexagrams....but you won't find them in the hexagram index anywhere....well unless you go to page 7....but no one is going to wade through till page 7 ....or 77

I tend to agree... I think there is a problem that Exploring Divination threads with alot of info on what we are looking for don't show up on the hexagram index. Is that so? That`s a shame.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
when Arabella returns maybe we can campaign to have the unchanging hexagrams thread she started as a sticky

meantime we will just have to continue the campaign for Exporing Divination threads to show up better in the hex index

I vote you pm Hilary about...she might listen you ;)

I think Ewald organises how the hex index is done...its great facility. So probably it would be down to whether he could tweak it a bit .or not..but I think Hilary has to pay him to tweak it

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
when Arabella returns maybe we can campaign to have the unchanging hexagrams thread she started as a sticky
Just a question of time ;)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).