...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Your Experiences with Unchanging Castings - Hexagram 41

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My experience with 41 is 'giving up' limited thinking/beliefs, fantasies, illusions and making room for something new.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I once met a woman on the street that was trying to raise enough money to get to a town 30 minutes over to a shelter where she was staying. She was deaf and it was clearly hard for her to get by. She ended up missing the bus and I felt compelled to drive her. I checked in with Yi because I know I have a tendency to over extend myself. I got 41 uc. I decided to go with it. To give what I can which in this case was a ride.

At the end of the ride she asked me for money (by writing down her request on paper). I was a bit taken aback at her audacity. I said no. Yet then I felt compassion and I gave her some money. I walked her to where she was staying, which was connected to a gym building. Long story short I was moved and bought her a month's gym membership so she can work out again (something she used to do).

I went back into my car and once I started driving I had this feeling that I just over did it. That at some point I crossed the personal line between genuine giving and giving my resources away in a way that felt a bit self degrading.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arimoshe For This Useful Post:

Tim K (April 20th, 2016), steve (March 28th, 2018)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well Arimoshe as I see 41, you asked the Yi "should I help this woman" and it said "you help other people to help yourself."

-LL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I asked X doesnt love me anymore?
    and got 41 UC

does it mean yes or no..

i was asking perfectly neutral, without putting much drama - so i cant take it as "diminish your worries"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Perhaps you would post that in shared readings ? These threads are for sharing experiences of what a reading meant for someone, with hindsight, rather than offering interpretations on what a person's answer may mean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Funny as I received 41uc when I asked whether I should purposefully get late to work tomorrow to avoid going to team bonding session as I hate it and it triggers my PTSD symptoms like nothing else... it doesn't feel 'wrong' it feels like a 'small sacrifice' and I will still need to see how I will feel with this. I tried plenty of times and forced myself to go to such activities (where u play games, talk about yourself etc) but it only triggers my fight&flight syndrome and its just on auto-pilot so no gain for me to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2